Col

New Vedic Hacker, with friends!

173 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Spleen said:

Yeah, I'm sure glad I invested those extra points for NWI when I get Trinity'd by KHDs...

yeah, one high burst but no MODs program. Boohoo It's not exactly a shock that everything and their grandmother has Shocl these days.

Meanwhile, I'm sure you'll find it ever so usrful that you've invested points in that Combi Rifle...

No NWI feels odd, but having the model be less than 30 points is worth it. Looks like a nice support piece, lets me have a HD+ in smaller games and lets me give my asura a bigger gun or an extended hacking range.

What's wrong with a Combi? Am I the only one that has to complete missions with the backups of my backups? Combis are good weapons. Have you people played Interventors? They get forced in to it regularly.

Unarmed or nearly unarmed troops are not supposed to be a standard. Even SMG/Nanopulsar isn't. Don't expect that on every guy who isn't designed around BS combat.

1 hour ago, Loricus said:

What's wrong with a Combi? Am I the only one that has to complete missions with the backups of my backups? Combis are good weapons. Have you people played Interventors? They get forced in to it regularly.

Unarmed or nearly unarmed troops are not supposed to be a standard. Even SMG/Nanopulsar isn't. Don't expect that on every guy who isn't designed around BS combat.

Are you talking about Combi on Asura or on Danavas? In first case, it's a waste of good chasis. In second, it's paying points for something I can easily do without. I'd much rather have NWI and no Combi (ala Thamyris, although probably without Assault Pistol, maybe something else) than Combi and no NWI.

And again. I'm not saying she's a bad unit because she doesn't have NWI. She's awesome. But this is Aleph we're talking about, and she doesn't feel Alephy enough without NWI.

13 minutes ago, Nemo No Name said:

Are you talking about Combi on Asura or on Danavas? In first case, it's a waste of good chasis. In second, it's paying points for something I can easily do without. I'd much rather have NWI and no Combi (ala Thamyris, although probably without Assault Pistol, maybe something else) than Combi and no NWI.

I meant on Danavas. There are a ton of units that people would drop the Combi for a cheap weapon on. But that's cheating. Every unit that does that has needed balance for it.

Sure Thamyris gets it. But he also doesn't get HD+. So now there is a reason to play either instead of him being replaced in Vanilla.

If you want to swap Combi for NWI play Thamyris. If you want HD+ play Danavas. If you're in a sectorial you are supposed to be restricted.

A Combi is a pretty good weapon and enjoying the benefits instead of being disappointed that she's not Thamyris+ would be healthy.

I'll probably play the Danavas for one reason alone. It's a sweet ass model. The fact it's a Vedic unit also tickles my pickle appropriately as well. HD+ is great of course and I'll still probably couple her with KHD Dasyu if facing infowar. Not as much use against my Caledonian friend though. 

So they could've given her SMG and NWI instead of Combi. Price-wise would be similar (few poins more?), yet much more Alephy.

3 hours ago, Nemo No Name said:

yeah, one high burst but no MODs program. Boohoo It's not exactly a shock that everything and their grandmother has Shocl these days.

Meanwhile, I'm sure you'll find it ever so usrful that you've invested points in that Combi Rifle...

I'll find it useful that I've invested points in a HD+ over Thamyris to get a hacker who hacks on better WIP, can oblivion, has an amazing f2f against other hackers in the form of maestro, and has the utility of white noise and cybermask

It's not reasonable to expect every non-combat troop to come without a combi rifle, that's a bit silly, but the idea that she doesn't stack up well against Thamyris well that's more than a bit silly, it's a fucking joke

10 hours ago, Solar said:

Seriously, ALEPH now has the cheapest HD+ in the game.

[...]

She can go Cybermask for surprise shot, inflicting a -6 penalty to them, while she hits on 18s! Nasty!

Nope, the Interventor is still slightly cheaper.

Also, Surprise Shot is -3.

20 minutes ago, Abrilete said:

Nope, the Interventor is still slightly cheaper.

Also, Surprise Shot is -3.

I think he means -6 with Maestro given he says she's hitting on 18s (-9 with maestro through a pitcher for firewall mods)

Breaker pistol is a nice if somewhat circumstantial option.  

3 hours ago, Loricus said:

I kill stuff with rifle fire all the time.

A BS 11 combi-rifle with surprise shot is pretty good killer IMO.

43 minutes ago, Spleen said:

I think he means -6 with Maestro given he says she's hitting on 18s (-9 with maestro through a pitcher for firewall mods)

Yes basically. Maestro -3, surprise shot -3. Through a repeater, which she will be because she's got Pitchers, that's -9 if they hack back, -6 if they reset.

Pretty nasty.

On 31.5.2017 at 9:30 PM, NateTehAggresar said:

You overestimate the asura.

A zero with surprise shot has about a 50% chance to do one or more wounds to an asura (skullbuster or redrum, v redrum), with a return 24% wound chance, without surprise shot its drops to ~40 versus 35, and thats a budget khd. Good ones like interventors, barids, and hac taos can keep a ~45 to 50% wound rate, with a return ~15 to 25% wound rate without resorting to surprise shot. Yah it can take multiple orders, but thats to be expected. Once combined army gets KHDs, they all will have maestro and her extra wounds translate to extra vulnerabilities.

You realize that you either need an entire pool of Orders against Breakwater, or need to win a generous 6 FTF against Redrum without loosing a single one? Because that Zero is probably quite dead if he fails once. That is pretty damn good odds as fare as ARO FTF goes. Maestro is only DAM14 BRKR, currently has to beat a possible Fiewall and only puts her in NWI. Wait and see if their KHDs actually get Maestro or better WIP than 13.

On 31.5.2017 at 11:16 PM, Nemo No Name said:

Also, Asura can take a punch or two and keep fighting. That Interventor or Zero or whatever though... Guess what :D

But yes. Please, everyone, stop playing Asura HD+ profile, maybe CB sees light finally and gives her a decent weapon.

Slightly downtiered guns compared to the other factions is like the only downside Aleph still has. It's a significant one but actually keeps them affordable. You wouldn't want basic Myrmidions with better guns than Chainrifles or Thorakitai with Combis instead of SMGs. Multi Spitfire for Achilles anyone? :D

23 hours ago, Vaulsc said:

I thought you need to actually have a KHD, not just an upgrade, to benefit from surprise shot hacking?

It is the IMP-2 state from Cybermask that grants Surprise Shot in this case.

SURPRISE SHOT L1 SHORT SKILL
BS Attack, Optional.
REQUIREMENTS

19 hours ago, theGricks said:

Meastro also doesn't care about your nwi....thanks combine....

Puts you into unconscious so you can trigger your NWI. From Maestro:

Failing one BTS Roll causes the target to lose all points of his Wounds/STR Attribute and enter the Unconscious state, or equivalent

NWI is actually really useful to defend against Maestro, handily beats 2W in this case.

Sooo considering this can probably link with Dakinis... has anyone played/faced a Onyx Unidron Link with Nexus Hacker and thinks this is gonna be any less strong? 25 for a HD+ with 5man fireteam buffed Pitcher and access to SSL2, useful alternative to Thamrys even without being linked. Like, yeah, that combi is almost enough bloat to think this might be reasonable. Then again Combis aren't even real bloat - Aleph is just used to ridiculous amounts of optimization to cram CC capability, high stats, Nanopulsers, NWI and more stuff on models that have no business being that cheap without some restrictions. On the other hand you would not like unfrenzied BS13 Combi Rifle Myrmidions with NWI for 40 points taking the place of the 16 point dude. Asura Combi HD+ is basically the tradeoff for that and Posthumans. Don't want everyone to play Aleph so you have to compromise somewhere.

16 minutes ago, Teslarod said:

Sooo considering this can probably link with Dakinis...

I hope this isn't the case. I don't feel like they need to be linkable at all.

21 minutes ago, Teslarod said:

Sooo considering this can probably link with Dakinis... has anyone played/faced a Onyx Unidron Link with Nexus Hacker and thinks this is gonna be any less strong? 25 for a HD+ with 5man fireteam buffed Pitcher and access to SSL2, useful alternative to Thamrys even without being linked. Like, yeah, that combi is almost enough bloat to think this might be reasonable. Then again Combis aren't even real bloat - Aleph is just used to ridiculous amounts of optimization to cram CC capability, high stats, Nanopulsers, NWI and on stuff that has no business being that cheap without some restrictions. On the other hand you would not like unfrenzied BS13 Combi Rifle Myrmidions with NWI for 40 points taking the place of the 16 point dude. Asura Combi HD+ is basically the tradeoff for that and Posthumans. Don't want everyone to play Aleph so you have to compromise somewhere.

Hadn't considered how the shooting buffs help her pitcher but it's very nice, the burst bonus lets her set up a repeater network faster, the BS bonus means shes ideally rolling for 17s to put those repeaters down so pretty reliable, and then she's SSL2 so all those MA heavy troopers can't hide from her Oblivion near her repeaters.

I'd even go so far as to stick her near a baggage bot to really let her make maximum use of that pitcher.

2 minutes ago, Loricus said:

I hope this isn't the case. I don't feel like they need to be linkable at all.

Wouldn't even mind, Vedic will probably not have Smoke so their MSVs will be taking a hit (just like Onyx). Proper restricions on Netrods, Posthumans (Vanilla only) and Links (Asura Haris with Devas is fine, Core with Dakinis is not) and you'll have a nice Sectorial that plays very different than Vanilla or SP (well that last one shouldn't be too hard). Maybe they simply don't get a Core Link at all but Dakinis, Devas and Danava will get Enomotarchos to keep things balanced. CB will find a way until proven otherwise.

Just now, Spleen said:

Hadn't considered this but it's very nice, the burst bonus lets her set up a repeater network faster, the BS bonus means shes ideally rolling for 17s to put those repeaters down so pretty reliable, and then she's SSL2 so all those MA heavy troopers can't hide from her Oblivion near her repeaters.

I'd even go so far as to stick her near a baggage bot to really let her make maximum use of that pitcher.

Exactly, look at all those Profiles that are awesome in a Link and you wouldn't even look out outside of it. She is already very good on her own for multiple reasons, HD+ doesn't even suffer the usual problem of Hackers in a Link and could give that Link White Noise and Support Programs. SSL2 works in your ZOC and ZOC is part of your Hacking Area, Hacking Area however is not part of ZOC so you can't Oblivion someone walking through a Repeater with Stealth. Still, shooting Pitchers with her even at long range or spec fire would be bonkers, BS11 doesn't matter when you get full Fireteam advantages.

2 minutes ago, Teslarod said:

SSL2 works in your ZOC and ZOC is part of your Hacking Area, Hacking Area however is not part of ZOC so you can't Oblivion someone walking through a Repeater with Stealth. 

Units with sixth sense ignore stealth entirely. It just doesn't work, unconditionally. Not based on ZoC.

8 minutes ago, Loricus said:

Units with sixth sense ignore stealth entirely. It just doesn't work, unconditionally. Not based on ZoC.

Yep seems like you're right, Repeaters had the rules I was missing. It is however based on ZOC, Repeaters are pretty specific on that. They actually grant "Hacking as in ZoC for AROs" in addition to increased Hacking Area space (but thats just technicalities).

I don't think she'll be linkable.

Not like she needs to be linkable. SSL2 would be nice, because then no stealthy messing around with people sneaking past her Pitchers, but it's not needed.

A Dakini/Deva link is what I want, basically.

22 hours ago, Solar said:

I kill stuff with rifle fire all the time.

A midfield myrmidon with a combi rifle or a dasyu hanging about on Suppressive Fire in cover is a real pain in the in the backside, when people come face to face with a B3 ARO with -12 MOD within 24".

Opinions? 

I would take 2 Danavas over Thamyris, but that's 1 point too many. His NWI could work for moving him up to supportware the Garuda for cheerleader crushing and then suppressive to control the board. Pitchers and Lamdeh for that reason too. Working Atalanta in team with the HMG Dakini to clear out major threats either through smoke or white noise. Posthumans for objectives and more supportware if needed. 

logo_701.png ALEPH
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png10  
logo_57.pngDANAVAS Hacker (Hacking Device Plus. UPGRADE: Maestro) Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
logo_32.pngTHAMYRIS Hacker (Hacking Device) Pitcher, Nanopulser / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
logo_3.pngDEVA Lieutenant (Sensor) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
logo_25.pngATALANTA MULTI Sniper Rifle + TinBot E (Spotter) / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 39)
logo_8.pngMYRMIDON Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 24)
logo_8.pngMYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 16)
logo_1.pngDAKINI Tacbot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 21)
logo_1.pngDAKINI Tacbot Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 13)
logo_1.pngDAKINI Tacbot Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 13)
logo_2.pngGARUDA Tacbot Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 28)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png6  
logo_13.pngLAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
logo_13.pngLAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
logo_17.pngPROXY Mk.1 Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 14)
logo_18.pngPROXY Mk.2 Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
logo_49.pngPROXY Mk.5 (Forward Observer) 2 Submachine Guns, Nanopulser, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
logo_15.pngNETROD . (0 | 4)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

10 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

A midfield myrmidon with a combi rifle or a dasyu hanging about on Suppressive Fire in cover is a real pain in the in the backside, when people come face to face with a B3 ARO with -12 MOD within 24".

Myrm Officer racks up a body count nearly every game for me. Man now I wanna play Vanilla again. I don't get enough games I want to play too many things!

On 6/2/2017 at 5:10 AM, Solar said:

I don't think she'll be linkable.

Not like she needs to be linkable. SSL2 would be nice, because then no stealthy messing around with people sneaking past her Pitchers, but it's not needed.

A Dakini/Deva link is what I want, basically.

Bostria said they were playtesting the Dakini + Davanas link when he revealed the concept and render at Rumble/Adepticon.