Col

Witness the erection of a topic about forthcoming Ariadna scultps

40 posts in this topic

17361682_10212670292458821_746159485422917361626_10212670294338868_293491422377117353635_10212670293858856_104799221896217342862_10212670293018835_878380514735217352371_10212670295098887_2959467216279

Bostria pointed out this is a combination of starter and SWC box volunteers (there will be 7 total), it's also the first Paramedic model they've ever done.

Starter will be 3 volunteers with rifles, a Wulver, Mormaer, and Highlander Grey all with T2 rifles.

Thanks to @n-sphere for uploading the pics.

6 minutes ago, Col said:

Bostria pointed out this is a combination of starter and SWC box volunteers (there will be 7 total), it's also the first Paramedic model they've ever done.

Starter will be 3 volunteers with rifles, a Wulver, Mormaer, and Highlander Grey all with T2 rifles.

Thanks to @n-sphere for uploading the pics.

Didn't he mention that one of the Volunteers in the starter would be the paramedic, or did I mishear him? Also one of them looks like its carrying a pistol or light shotgun (At least, there's two volunteers carrying one handed weapons, and one of them is presumably the paramedic) so it might be a good universal proxy.

I love the Minutemen. Overall I was just really impressed with the renders we got shown, and Ariadna definitely made out like bandits compared to everyone else.

@Counting_Kittens I think he said paramedic was in the starter but not 100% sure and can't rewatch the seminar at the moment. 

Yay for Minutemen! Boooooo for no Blackjack!

Weapon prediction for minutemen was pretty much spot-on. Rifle, shotgun, HMG, and missile.

Molotok Airborne looks cool too.

I can't wait for those Minutemen and that Airborne Molotok. 
Minutemen are a great fireteam and can put a hurt out offensively with that Missile launcher or the HMG in the active or reactive turn.

And there's nothing like sneaking up behind something with a BS22 boarding Shotgun!

Much excite! Pics aren't easy to see too much, but....

1. Minutemen box - Yay. Good to flesh out US for those players, and while I personally lean towards Marauders, sculpts look decent from what I can tell. Just blackjacks to go folks!
  2. Airborne - I could take or leave her, I mean, I'm not super hot on the Airborne profile anyway but I guess it's nice they get another sculpt for running multiples?
  3. Scots Starter - Awesome models (I think?) but damn weird that they have so many T2 rifles (Wulver does too apparently?)
  4. Volunteers box - Nice I guess for those that really want resculpts, but utterly useless for me. SWC options on them tend to be undesireable anyway, and 3 in the new starter is plenty otherwise. Sort of a dud release imo but hey. 
  5. Upcoming Greys box - If they're anything like the one in the starter, those are gonna be incredible miniatures. 

No Kazaks is a bit sad, but actually 4/5 of the above are boxes so I wouldn't be surprised to see some creep into blisters this year (after all, if not that, then there isn't much else really in demand in blister form, maybe an SAS rifle and/or Mormaer HMG if they're doing another Scots release?)

1 hour ago, grey templar said:

Weapon prediction for minutemen was pretty much spot-on. Rifle, shotgun, HMG, and missile.

It looks specifically like an AP rifle as it has extra gubbins on the receiver/barrel.

I like how the APHMG barrel/foregrip has been modeled on the FN Minimi/M249 to differentiate it from the standard HMG as used by Grunts.

EDIT: OP Updated with higher res shots. One of the Volunteer dudes is definitely carrying a medikit.

If the paramedic is in the starter, that is going to make the SWC box interesting, because they only have two SWC weapons (Light Grenade Launcher and HMG). Throw in the Chain Rifle and that leaves one slot left. For what? A second chain rifle? Light shotgun? Someone placing D-Charges?

I'm thinking LGL, HMG, Chain rifle, and light shotgun. Just a guess though.

If they are using "The Truth" to make more decisions they should see that lots of people are using the Chain Rifle Volunteers (I take a pair in a lot of Vanilla lists) so having two in the SWC box is a smart choice.

I just wonder... why they didn't sculpt a volunteer playing the pipe. It's an old demand... at least at Spanish forums.

Laika Dog-Girl Now. Navegando entre Irmandinhos.

I'm a new player and was just contemplating getting into the Scot's. Looks like i'll have to now! (that Grey tho....)

As a side-note I'm really really pleased to see the female Caledonian volunteer getting pants and actually looking combat ready. CB got a lot of (justified) flak for the original figure set and I'm delighted they've finally sorted it. Thanks CB!

I guess we wait for GenCon to get any Kazaks news now. Only five more months, woot!

Totally digging the Scots, by the way.

10 minutes ago, Pride of Rodina said:

I guess we wait for GenCon to get any Kazaks news now. Only five more months, woot!

Totally digging the Scots, by the way.

Man, I have to wait until GenCon for Kazak news?!?!

Still, new sculpts on the way, although to be honest i'd only be getting the MinuteMen, already have heaps of Scots.

19 minutes ago, TimberWolf said:

Man, I have to wait until GenCon for Kazak news?!?!

That's my guess. Nothing at Rumble, so if we're lucky, maybe Adepticon, but I'm not holding my breath. GenCon is the next big seminar, I believe and Carlos did mention all of those teases at Rumble would last us until GenCon.

USA is getting some love i'm so getting the new minute man and airborne range. As for any new sectorial armies i told we have to wait for acheron falls which may or may not come out this year, assuming CB is focusing on updating the existing products first.

I don't need to start Caledonia, I don't need to start Caledonia, I don't need to start Caledonia...

Goddammit i want to start Caledonia now. I like the Grey and Mormaer, and i love the new Volunteers, the women are wearing pants, PANTS, not a micro skirt, i wish they had kilts as well but i'll take whatever. 

and the Rangers, well i was going to get them anyway but now i don'y know if i want the Minutemen or the Airborne first, and i generally don't like AD stuff but they have recently proven their worth.  Give them all to me now please I'll pay double. 

And if your disappointed in no Kazaks, imagine how us Merovingians feel...

I like the Minute(wo)men. All of 'em. Just wish there were alternate heads with the goggles down and an alternate set of arms for each. But that was pie in the sky, "please lawd" thinking...

The female Airborne is fantastic. She's what they should aspire to in female models; looking as close as possible to the male variant rather than emphasizing the "BOOBS!" like they did with the female Maverick and Grunts.

New Caledonia stuff is cool too, I guess.

Hey, you gotta at least admit the tactical sweater isn't an egregious offender as far as CB goes. And it could theoretically be made of space kevlar or something.

3 minutes ago, grey templar said:

Hey, you gotta at least admit the tactical sweater isn't an egregious offender as far as CB goes. And it could theoretically be made of space kevlar or something.

For the female Grunts and Mavericks, it wasn't the "sweater" that was the problem.

It was the decision for all of the aforementioned Grunts and Mavericks to be given webbing/harness that somehow magically ended up acting more like a push up bra than distributing the weight of whatever they're carrying. ;)

If they had just given them vests like the males, no discussion would be going on likely.

I'm loving the new Caledonia starter.

Caledonia really needed some new sculpts, especially the Mormaer. I actually laughed the first time I saw the old sculpt due to how tiny and delicate he was compared to the current lineup. 

He said they should be working on the Kazaks by now but they've been doing this years releases instead.

Want the Grey, Want the Mormaer, will stick with the Wulvers and Vols I have (flipp tonne of the things)

1 hour ago, Lightbulb said:

He said they should be working on the Kazaks by now but they've been doing this years releases instead.

Specifically it sounds like its once again the bottle-neck at the design end that's causing delays. Bostria said that at this point they should be doing design work for the Kazaks, but they're still working on the Caledonians. It makes me wonder if any of the other factions are having similar problems.

I haven't been by here in a while, but wow!  Those all look amazing!  And as was mentioned before, I'm so glad they're getting rid of the micro-kilts for the female Volunteers.