Col

Witness the erection of a topic about forthcoming Ariadna scultps

60 posts in this topic

just seems super wierd that CHA then winds up with 3 "HI" with T2 rifles, unless that wulver is an completely out of left field model (even another Mk12 model is only spitfire range bands). and without any range kick that starter is up for some hard love versus the others.

Seems weird to me that every model in the CHA starter set has a rifle of some sort - do the other starter sets also miss out on any weapon variety?

2 hours ago, mightymuffin said:

Seems weird to me that every model in the CHA starter set has a rifle of some sort - do the other starter sets also miss out on any weapon variety?

The current VanAriadna and USARF starters have all rifles, though the Grey has his shotguns modelled, Tohaa and Aleph are all combi rifle equivalents, and the very first PanO, Nomad, and Haqqislam starters were rifle variants only. 

Older starters generally saw very few weapons with a range greater than a rifle, often a mix of rifle variants, shotguns, and warbands. We started to see SWC weapons come in when Sectorials were introduced and starters began to be resculpted, but some like the first SAA and the middle Yu Jing starter were all combi or shorter ranges. 

2 hours ago, mightymuffin said:

Of the "current" starters, very few miss out on anything. There's a concerted push to give a one-off profile like a MSR/SR or things of that nature.

Any idea when we'll see Khazaks or new French?

16 minutes ago, Phototoxin said:

Unfortunately nothing yet, you can rest assured i will be squealing like a Japanese schoolgirl the second we see something French.

Just now, Saint said:

Unfortunately nothing yet, you can rest assured i will be squealing like a Japanese schoolgirl the second we see something French.

My good friend and infinity expert suggested that I play MRRF - enough dirty tricks, but cheap and 'disposable' enough to mitigate bad dice.

1 minute ago, Phototoxin said:

My good friend and infinity expert suggested that I play MRRF - enough dirty tricks, but cheap and 'disposable' enough to mitigate bad dice.

Did your friend also mention that their low armor means they're gonna drop like the bass when dubstep was still cool? they are still hands down my favorite sectorial, and if you like them enough I'd say go for playing them, since we're probably at least two full years from a revamp its not the worst idea. though it is almost literally impossible for them to play Limited Insertion even taking the Anaconda so there's that. 

Lack of LI is a problem, I'm doing NCA now/next, but I was thinking Onyx, though my friend suggested MRRF - yes the die like flies, but so do my expensive stuff when I'm critted or fail saves (which is a lot)

57 minutes ago, Phototoxin said:

We'll be seeing Kazaks next year or early next yeat, but the French? *shrugs* No one really knows,  not even CB.