AdmiralJCJF

OOC: Strikezone: Wotan Is Coming!

190 posts in this topic

I can't see the pictures :(

But I'm curious for the new campaign and hoping to see more of the ships and spacestations :)

I did a "Spaceship Boarding" game last week (with Spacehulk tiles) and it was really cool (and incredible brutal xD)

But I'm still unsatisfied with everyone having nice spaceports whil haqqislam just got a rock :P

Need to paint those Santiagos fast!

I'm very curious how the results of campaigns will affect fluff/game. 

I've updated the OP with additional details from the various sources @bostria has spoken to about the campaign.

And I have added my own screenshots from the Rumble seminar so that the source doesn't disappear again.

Still can't see the images. :(

Nothing for Tohaa? I mostly play Ariadna and my Merovingians or Rangers are more than willing to kick ass in space but it seems strange to not have them included somehow.

Me neither

Anybody got any suggestions on somewhere I can put the images so that they can be shared here?

Clearly linking from my own dropbox doesn't work.

Just now, AdmiralJCJF said:

Anybody got any suggestions on somewhere I can put the images so that they can be shared here?

I use photobucket when the forums get wonky, you can insert images from the URLs it generates.

49 minutes ago, AdmiralJCJF said:

I've updated the OP with additional details from the various sources @bostria has spoken to about the campaign.

And I have added my own screenshots from the Rumble seminar so that the source doesn't disappear again.

Please update photos as they are not visible. 

On 19.03.2017 at 2:56 AM, AdmiralJCJF said:

We also know that CB have experimented with alternative terrain rules, including giving movement bonuses to 0G units rather than penalising the movement of units without the trait and that the overall scoring system is "new and improved from the previous version".

Santiagos 6-4 MOV  ? Throw Joan 2.0 in and you have at least 6-2 MOV 5 man link team .... (on the other hand this link team will cost you both kidneys and one eye)...

10 minutes ago, AdmiralJCJF said:

Imgur is your friend. 

Just to recap (and to properly prepare in advance)

Missions

O12 [Ariadna side]

- The Armory

Haqqislam

- Shootout

Nomads

- Supremacy

- Kill Cage [NEW]

PanOceania

- Capture and Protect

- Comms Center

Yu Jing

- Transmission Matrix

Aleph's side at the O12 Orbital starts locked and Tohaa will join later on.  Combined Army already stirred the pot and has all of us at each other's throats, so well played in advance.

Is shootout a direct Spanish-to-English variant name for Firefight?

Or might that be a new mission too?

Good question.  My money is on Firefight

This looks goddamn great

9 hours ago, Cothel said:

052d51.jpg

Golden!

Gotta admit, I'm pretty cold on the whole online campaign after how last year's went.

That said, it looks like CB is trying addressing those complaints and trying some new and interesting things. I'll probably drop a shit ton of time into this... again.

2V+!

Lord knows that I have even less time now, with a second baby in the house.

But hopefully they'll significantly drag down the maximum number of games an individual can post per week.

Glad to see Transmission Matrix in the mix here. That should cause some serious hacking-war action, which is going to be even crazier with Alive around

8 hours ago, AdmiralJCJF said:

But hopefully they'll significantly drag down the maximum number of games an individual can post per week.

That would be a very, very good idea.

On 22.3.2017 at 10:54 PM, AdmiralJCJF said:

Ok, Photobucket this time.

Better?

@Eciu, @abydog, @Cothel

Thanks alot, yes i can see them now.

On 3/19/2017 at 10:40 AM, odium said:

But I'm still unsatisfied with everyone having nice spaceports whil haqqislam just got a rock :P

Bostria actually made a point of addressing this, basically saying Haqq are the smartest ones of all the factions, as the asteroid has ice, from which you can get water and oxygen, so they actually have access to the most sustainable platform in the conflict.  It may not be as glamorous as a shiny new ship, but it's by far the more practical and sustainable choice in a prolonged space conflict. :D

Yeah, it's smart construction.

But then, that Haqq base is supposed to be there long term whereas the rest of the blockade (barring, presumably, the automated PanOceanian defensive network) come and go.

You can also get Hydrogen from water(actually its a by product of getting the Oxygen out, since that's all water is), so fuel, air and water from the same installation, which is presumably closer to the gate to Bourak (the only faction capital world directly accessible from Paradiso according to the map in the RPG quick start). So they get to guard their back door while charging the rest of us for water, heat and air, and that's before you consider the possibility there's anything else in the ice...