AdmiralJCJF

OOC: Strikezone: Wotan Is Coming!

262 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Vaulsc said:

I wouldn't even focus on influencing the overall outcome, period. Just make the best batreps you can and enjoy the IC banter.

That's defeatist's talk!

We shall strife for victory by creating the most amazing battle reports ever! So amazing and awesome that Corvus Belli simply won't be able to NOT include them in their narrative no matter the outcome! : D

For Yu Jing and the Jade Empire!

22 minutes ago, Yasashii Fuyu said:

That's defeatist's talk!

We shall strife for victory by creating the most amazing battle reports ever! So amazing and awesome that Corvus Belli simply won't be able to NOT include them in their narrative no matter the outcome! : D

For Yu Jing and the Jade Empire!

A YuJing-Player shouldn't worry too much about writing good reports. 

I mean, last time they wrote the most, least informative battle reports of all factions and were still included heavily in the narrative (over other more thorough factions). So, as you can see, there is - empirically proven - no need for struggle on the State Empires part. 

;) 

Just now, John Tenzer said:

As YuJing-Player I wouldn't worry too much about writing good reports. 

I mean, last time they wrote the most, least informative battle reports of all factions and were still included in the narrative (over other more thorough factions). So, as you can see, there is - empirically proven - no need for struggle on the State Empires part. 

;) 

Filthy Haqqislam Propaganda if I have ever seen one! 

Don't worry, when we write history, maybe we'll be generous and remember your faction in a footnote somewhere ;-P

1 minute ago, John Tenzer said:

As YuJing-Player I wouldn't worry too much about writing good reports. 

I mean, last time they wrote the most, least informative battle reports of all factions and were still included in the narrative (over other more thorough factions). So, as you can see, there is - empirically proven - no need for struggle on the State Empires part. 

;) 

You are the most incopetent Fiday I've ever seen.

I mean, I understand you guys only have Base Impersonation, insted of Impersonation Plus like we Speculos do, but that ashamed anyone who claims the title of impersonator.

I rephrased my comment a bit for clarities' sake. B) (Figure of speech is a tricky thing, apperantly.) 

So does anybody know where CB got their translation for Icicle? Baring the fact that ilik alfunaq is grammatically incorrect, unless they intended it to say icicle the hotel. But as far as I can tell, ilik alfundaq (ah-funduq) actually says "the hotel is yours" or "you have the hotel" in levantine arabic lol. Or it means "vice-king the hotel" if you use old arabic transliterations of ottoman bureaucratic ranks.

On 5/30/2017 at 3:43 AM, Yasashii Fuyu said:

Filthy Haqqislam Propaganda if I have ever seen one! 

Don't worry, when we write history, maybe we'll be generous and remember your faction in a footnote somewhere ;-P

If you could stop harassing people over batreps on the Wotan site that would be nice. 

5 hours ago, Hecaton said:

If you could stop harassing people over batreps on the Wotan site that would be nice. 

*lol* Gotta love them stirred up shitstorms that pop up over night. (This is based on some angry post by a guy on Facebook in the WGC Infinity Community last night, where a comment of mine happened to be part of a list of comments below his battle report, and for some reason people picked me out specifically, most likely because I became the first General of the Campaign and people actually remembered my name...)

Please show me a battle report where I actually harassed someone over his battle report. If you are referring to my comment on an empty battle report hat was still empty after a full day of being set to public without any comment about "being updated", stating "Still no improvement, guess it's a dead report then.." you are not only EXTREMELY overreacting, but frankly outright acting but hurt.

I was never insulting anyone, never writing unkind words, and only reacted based on what I saw in the reports. So would you please stop harassing ME for commenting a battle report based on the quality that the owner has decided to show the public? There is a reason why battle reports have to manually be set to public, it's for when you decide you are finished and want to show it to the public. If you instead decide to grab a few quick points, no matter the quality of the report, you have to life with the result.

36 minutes ago, Yasashii Fuyu said:

most likely because I became the first General of the Campaign and people actually remembered my name...

That's some ego you've got there...

A full day is nothing. If someone leaves it for a week, then, maybe you can say something. Plenty plausible for someone to get a game in on their game night and then write a batrep on the weekend. Some people have jobs and can't spam the campaign site endlessly trying to rack up xps. Even if they don't finish it, so what? The A.I. Historian will prune it. Just rate it poorly and move on. 

2 hours ago, Hecaton said:

A full day is nothing. If someone leaves it for a week, then, maybe you can say something. Plenty plausible for someone to get a game in on their game night and then write a batrep on the weekend. Some people have jobs and can't spam the campaign site endlessly trying to rack up xps. Even if they don't finish it, so what? The A.I. Historian will prune it. Just rate it poorly and move on. 

My my aren't you a bit aggressive and presumptuous?

I wasn't boasting about how awesome I am, I was simply stating a fact, based on my observation made in the Facebook post where someone said "I think I saw the guy posting about becoming the first General". I know you don't like it, but someone who stands out by achieving something that others haven't so far is easier to remember than someone who didn't, that's not boasting or bragging but simply how people react in life...

Also it's nice that you apparently feel justified in telling me what amount of time is correct to rate someone else's battle report and what amount of time isn't. Luckily I'm perfectly capable of making that decision for myself and you are more than free to follow your own decision in this regard. I shall once again repeat myself here since this fact simply doesn't seem to come across...no one forces people to manually set their unfinished battle reports to public. If they do they tell the world it's ready to be seen, if it's not, people will mention that. If people are insulting and rude while doing so, that's cause for concern, but if they are just making a comment based on what they see in a normal way, the author will have to life with it.

Also it's nice that you presume to know my private life, and how and why I was reading the battle reports of this Campaign. I already stated how I read the battle reports, why I did it, and by which standards I measured them on the Facebook post, if you haven't read that and want to understand instead of just accuse, feel free to read it, if you already read it, or just want to write some more baseless accusations and assumptions, feel free to do so as well, but I simply won't care any longer.

I mentioned all the reasons why an empty report DOES matter (at least to me) in that facebook thread, I mentioned how I rated/commented on reports and why, I even went so far as to mention a bit of my private life because some people apparently seem to think that working or playing "hard" (as in actually putting in some effort) equals having no life, and i stand by what I said about never having insulted anyone or even been rude to them when commenting on their battle report,quite the contrary actually in the vast majority of cases.

So the topic is frankly done for me, have a nice day Sir.

Please be OOC in this sub forum and try to not snipe each other, it would be much appreciated.

How detailed or not someone writes a battle report and how much effort they put in general, is up to them and the only one who should have an issue with it and have a saying in it is their opponent whose battle report is linked with.

11 hours ago, Hecaton said:

Theres a function for saving a battle report until it's done. People should be pointing that out to people who post battle reports "to be finished later".

its understandable, given the existence of said function, people will assume an empty report will remain so and is purely to score points.

people will take the campaign too seriously. Don't be one of them and just ignore it 🙂