Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the huanglong

Major Lunah, Ex- Aristeiai Sniper for Imperial Service

145 posts in this topic

In a very short interview at Datasphere, Bostria said that Major Lunah would be available for the Imperial Service Sectorial Army.

She'll likely clock in at 1.5 SWC with a viral sniper rifle. What kind of stats do you guys expect/hope for?

Dossier

Spoiler

17361889_10212670288898732_2707874156335

Render

Spoiler

17352486_10212670288618725_5031577060169

Im hoping for her to be at least bs12 with some form of mimitism/odd. maybe she's an ex lasiq? 

39 minutes ago, MittenNinja said:

Im hoping for her to be at least bs12 with some form of mimitism/odd. maybe she's an ex lasiq? 

Knauf's not even out yet, I really hope we get something off the CH + MSV merc sniper treadmill. It does look like she has a visor though. 

What faction viral sniper is that? Or is that what the new Haqqislam viral snipers are going to look?

19 minutes ago, dulydude said:

What faction viral sniper is that? Or is that what the new Haqqislam viral snipers are going to look?

It's apparently the new design, though Bostria said that there were no plans to resculpt the Lasiqs.

Did he state whether Lunah was ISS *only* or just available to iSS (And this potentially others)?

6 minutes ago, Counting_Kittens said:

It's apparently the new design, though Bostria said that there were no plans to resculpt the Lasiqs.

Did he state whether Lunah was ISS *only* or just available to iSS (And this potentially others)?

The latter. He did not specifically exclude anyone, although he did specifically mention that Knauf was going to all generic human armies and Merovingians in the same interview without doing the same for Lunah. He wasn't talking like an official and English is not his first language, so I reckon the only thing we can know for sure from it is that IS is getting her.

I'm really hoping she's available for vanilla human armies at least. Like Knauf.

2 minutes ago, Robot_Jones said:

I'm really hoping she's available for vanilla human armies at least. Like Knauf.

The thing is, unless she is possessing skills and equipment outrageously different like SSL2 and/or Total Reaction, she's going to be a lot like Knauf, who is already like Armand. Good at shooting and or hard to hit, roll 2 dice not to die. Someone will publicly crunch the numbers and only one will ever get used.

Just a point, since Lunah is Haqqislam in origin and some of her gear is Haqqislamite (her greaves at least) - Leila Sharif has a similar style visor, but she doesn't have an MSV. She's got a Killer Hacking Device.

13438965_1155488331139552_83117677063692

12 minutes ago, the huanglong said:

The thing is, unless she is possessing skills and equipment outrageously different like SSL2 and/or Total Reaction, she's going to be a lot like Knauf, who is already like Armand. Good at shooting and or hard to hit, roll 2 dice not to die. Someone will publicly crunch the numbers and only one will ever get used.

Yeah....but.....Knauf and Armand aren't qts like Lunah :D

3 hours ago, the huanglong said:

Knauf's not even out yet, I really hope we get something off the CH + MSV merc sniper treadmill. It does look like she has a visor though. 

While true, ISS doesn't have anything like that.

If she only gets MSV 1 she'll be a weird Sun Tze v2
If she gets ODD or Mimetism she'll be a poor-man's Armand
If she gets MSV 2 she'll likely be just an upgraded Bao

I think what ISS is missing isn't a bad version of Armand, Bao or Sun Tze, but rather a marker-state sniper. So if she's designed specifically for ISS, I think this is what we might get - however, she's also an Aristeia sniper, and those are supposedly show-offs so...

Anyway, my bet: camouflage and MSV 1 or 2. Possibly Infiltration or Forward Deploy. The "Major" part of her name makes me suspect/hope for Strategos 1 or 2.

6 hours ago, Loki said:

Just a point, since Lunah is Haqqislam in origin and some of her gear is Haqqislamite (her greaves at least) - Leila Sharif has a similar style visor, but she doesn't have an MSV. She's got a Killer Hacking Device.

13438965_1155488331139552_83117677063692

I also see some similarity between that shock rifle and that viral sniper so maybe it is the new version...and yeah;

6 hours ago, Counting_Kittens said:

though Bostria said that there were no plans to resculpt the Lasiqs.

probably rather low on their job list if anything as they sell pretty well as it is.

Good spotting Loki with the head gear...so that's a hilarious idea, a viral sniper with a KHD. Would it work? Would you use that profile?

32 minutes ago, Mahtamori said:

Anyway, my bet: camouflage and MSV 1 or 2. Possibly Infiltration or Forward Deploy. The "Major" part of her name makes me suspect/hope for Strategos 1 or 2.

The fluff for her according to Bostria at the seminar was that she's a former major in the Haqqislamite military. I'm not sure it'll have any gameplay effect simply because having a mercenary lead an entire force (Especially one as paranoid and strict as the ISS) would be *really* weird. Qapu Khalqi gets away with it pretty much by just being a bunch of pirates, mercenaries and weirdos :P

1 hour ago, Mahtamori said:

If she only gets MSV 1 she'll be a weird Sun Tze v2
If she gets ODD or Mimetism she'll be a poor-man's Armand
If she gets MSV 2 she'll likely be just an upgraded Bao

I think what ISS is missing isn't a bad version of Armand, Bao or Sun Tze, but rather a marker-state sniper. So if she's designed specifically for ISS, I think this is what we might get - however, she's also an Aristeia sniper, and those are supposedly show-offs so...

camo and msv1 or 2? no way...she'd be a better intruder...really can't see it happen honestly!

Just now, det said:

camo and msv1 or 2? no way...she'd be a better intruder...really can't see it happen honestly!

If MSV 2, then possibly. I don't see how this is an issue.
If MSV 1, then she'd be a better Guilang. Again, I don't see how this would be an issue.

Intruders are improved Bao with camo. In fact, I don't see what Intruders have to do with it at all - she should be evaluated with respect to what ISS has, does not have, needs and should not have. However, I suspect that Lunah is going to be Light Infantry, which is going to cap her ARM at 2 and her BS is likely going to be really high (for LI) at 12. Even with similar basic equipment to a Bao, she's going to be different simply by virtue of having the limitations and lack of discount that comes with Light Infantry. Add to this that we're still talking about a Mercenary that's limited to a single faction and as such designed to fill roles that is outside of the mother faction but in line with the sub-faction.

What I can say, however, is that I really hope she's not a plain MSV 2, or a plain X-visor or any other combination of snipers that ISS is littered with - none of them I've had good experience with because they have the fantastic combination of skills that makes then vulnerable and expensive. Hell, I'm still salty they're giving us yet another sniper. If ISS is missing a (MOD-protected) sniper, just let Armand in.

4 minutes ago, Mahtamori said:

If MSV 2, then possibly. I don't see how this is an issue.
If MSV 1, then she'd be a better Guilang. Again, I don't see how this would be an issue.

Intruders are improved Bao with camo. In fact, I don't see what Intruders have to do with it at all - she should be evaluated with respect to what ISS has, does not have, needs and should not have. However, I suspect that Lunah is going to be Light Infantry, which is going to cap her ARM at 2 and her BS is likely going to be really high (for LI) at 12. Even with similar basic equipment to a Bao, she's going to be different simply by virtue of having the limitations and lack of discount that comes with Light Infantry. Add to this that we're still talking about a Mercenary that's limited to a single faction and as such designed to fill roles that is outside of the mother faction but in line with the sub-faction.

What I can say, however, is that I really hope she's not a plain MSV 2, or a plain X-visor or any other combination of snipers that ISS is littered with - none of them I've had good experience with because they have the fantastic combination of skills that makes then vulnerable and expensive. Hell, I'm still salty they're giving us yet another sniper. If ISS is missing a (MOD-protected) sniper, just let Armand in.

But Armand is friggin expensive and ISS has a lot of expensive toys. You'd be sacrificing something much better than Armand to put him in there. 

I would guess that she will be in the 25-35 pt range, and I highly doubt she will get camo. If she gets a marker state (which I don't think she will unless she's a killer hacker), it likely would be Holoprojector. The only Holo2 sniper we have currently in the game is the Ayyar.

1 minute ago, MittenNinja said:

But Armand is friggin expensive and ISS has a lot of expensive toys. You'd be sacrificing something much better than Armand to put him in there.

Armand is very good and worth his points. I don't see how this is much of an argument in a sectorial that routinely puts 5 orders on the table for 33 points. More importantly, the ability to put an enemy HMG to -12 MOD is the only thing I can think of that's missing in ISS.

2 minutes ago, MittenNinja said:

I would guess that she will be in the 25-35 pt range, and I highly doubt she will get camo. If she gets a marker state (which I don't think she will unless she's a killer hacker), it likely would be Holoprojector. The only Holo2 sniper we have currently in the game is the Ayyar.

So, a Bao Trooper, then. Why do we need a Bao that can't link? And if it's not marker state and not MSV, then what would you suggest?

Holo2 did pass my mind, but since you can delay against them now, they are much less useful for a sniper compared to camo or TO camo, since Holo2 is mostly good for troops that wants to move. Snipers, generally, don't want to move as much as for example Sforza would.

She does have something that can only be a visor, but I can't tell which one it is.

I don't think she will have any marker state, or only camo. Maybe MVS1 or X visor. But pretty sure she'll get a marksmanship level. 

Maybe our first merc sniper with infiltration? (Not forward deployment) That could be cool. ISS's only infiltrating sniper is a Ninja at AVA 1 currently.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but aristeiai is this gladiator show that mushashi was part-of right?

In this case, i wonder why they would want a sniper for this kind of show, caus' i'm pretty sure a sniper fight is quite boring. So, what about crazy accuracy with good mobility? Maybe something like climbing plus, and marksmanship L2. People would pay to see a sniper running on walls while hitting targets 1km away!

Otherwise, it seems she is Haqquislam, and there is some kind of visor on her head, so yeah lasiq stuff.

7 hours ago, Mahtamori said:

4 hours ago, Sedral said:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but aristeiai is this gladiator show that mushashi was part-of right?

In this case, i wonder why they would want a sniper for this kind of show, caus' i'm pretty sure a sniper fight is quite boring. So, what about crazy accuracy with good mobility? Maybe something like climbing plus, and marksmanship L2. People would pay to see a sniper running on walls while hitting targets 1km away!

Otherwise, it seems she is Haqquislam, and there is some kind of visor on her head, so yeah lasiq stuff.

Keep in mind if she has marksman lvl1 or lvl2 she will be dishing out three saves per hit (2xbts for viral, 1xarm for shock) which I don't think will happen.

No bloat from Close combat or other debatable use skills like AD or grenades on a sniper.

Some sort of defensive MOD like mimetism, maybe even full camo

BS 13

MSV 1 or 2. 

Is that so much to ask?

For her background in Aristeaia maybe SSL2? I think maybe a light, but very mobile, camo sniper - going with the whole snake/viral theme.

As for her visor, it looks Aleph IMO - similar to Penthesilea's visor which has no in-game effects.

fa5c7ab1d60b8998afbcbe56cd2d96f0c7a26e5d