SeniorBiscuit

Scale Consistency

11 posts in this topic

So I just started expanding upon my Icestorm PanO, after playing nomads for a couple years.

Im distressed that my brand new order sergeants box, and relatively brand new Aconticimento starter both feature models smaller than my Icestorm PanO. The order sergeants are both shot AND slender, whereas the Acon models are only a single millimeter or so shorter than the vanilla fusiliers, but are FAR less bulky. This is especially evident on their backpacks and leg armor, as the standardized PanO boots on the regulars look like they could fit inside the boot size on the Icestorm Fusiliers. The just look a scale smaller in general. 

Kind of depressing considering how everything is digital. 

So is the Icestorm set just oversized? 

The scale does indeed skip around a bit. If it makes you feel better though, keep in mind that they're all wearing different armor types (Regulars are, in fact, ARM0 compared to Fusiliers at ARM1.)  Additionally, if you think about individuals being born and raised on different planets, it's natural that they would have varying heights and builds.  I find that once my miniatures are on the table, I don't notice the scale differences at all. 

I've a feeling the new order sarges were done a little small so they don't look too out of place next to the Human Sphere era ones from the MO starter.

3 hours ago, Col said:

I've a feeling the new order sarges were done a little small so they don't look too out of place next to the Human Sphere era ones from the MO starter.

I'd think this is the case.

After all, they aren't re-doing the Military Orders starter any time soon.

3 hours ago, AdmiralJCJF said:

I'd think this is the case.

After all, they aren't re-doing the Military Orders starter any time soon.

:'(

*whimpers "deus vult"

De Fersen is a notable casualty of scale mismatch. Very nice model but the techbee basically towers over him.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Albi86 said:

De Fersen is a notable casualty of scale mismatch. Very nice model but the techbee basically towers over him.

Only when you don't have a conversion for him from the new Father Knight.

kG7hAKm.jpg

The new and old order sergeants blend in together very very well, I was surprised but glad about it

Love the old Magisters, arm swaps are all they ever needed. I blame their look on the official photos on the paintjob, it just hasn't aged well compared to the current standard.

The actual models are a perfect fit for ARM 3 and Hyperdynamics.

3 minutes ago, Albi86 said: De Fersen is a notable casualty of scale mismatch. Very nice model but the techbee basically towers over him.

Only when you don't have a conversion for him from the new Father Knight.

kG7hAKm.jpg

I saw your conversion and I think it looks great, but I'm already using father Knight spitfire to proxy for the hospitaller hmg, so I don't want to use it for defersen too.

Also, I do like that mini and I've spent some time painting it 😁

On 3/21/2017 at 6:30 AM, SeniorBiscuit said:

So I just started expanding upon my Icestorm PanO, after playing nomads for a couple years.

Im distressed that my brand new order sergeants box, and relatively brand new Aconticimento starter both feature models smaller than my Icestorm PanO. The order sergeants are both shot AND slender, whereas the Acon models are only a single millimeter or so shorter than the vanilla fusiliers, but are FAR less bulky. This is especially evident on their backpacks and leg armor, as the standardized PanO boots on the regulars look like they could fit inside the boot size on the Icestorm Fusiliers. The just look a scale smaller in general. 

Kind of depressing considering how everything is digital. 

So is the Icestorm set just oversized? 

Can you hook us up with comparison pics please?