Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spleen

Why do you still play Qapu Khalqi?

58 posts in this topic

I think QK has one of my favorite defensive links. 2 ghulam snipers, 2 hafza HRL disguised as ghulam FO, and a Doctor (or LT if you're saucy).

with Sixth sense in a full link and being able to hold an ARO makes those heavy rocket launchers scary, especially when they are not expected.

12 minutes ago, Snowball said:

h Sixth sense in a full link and being able to hold an ARO makes those heavy rocket launchers scary, especially when they are not expected.

Only in ZoC though.

9 hours ago, curiouser said:

Only in ZoC though.

Thank you for the correction! The link is still good, and the exposed short range weapon revealing to be a fire template is still a great "oh shit!" moment.

Another great thing about QK: the insane proliferation of template weapons for when you want to go link-breaking.  Yuan Yuans get Chain Rifles, Sekban get Chain Colts, (some) Druze get Chain Colts, Cordelia gets a Chain Colt, Bashis get Chain Colts, Mobile Brigada get Light Flamethrowers, Iguanas get heavy flamethrowers, and Odalisques get Nanopulsers.  That's almost half of every trooper with a template weapon, and that's assuming you don't count the impact template from shotguns.

This thread has lit a bit of a fire under my painting queue. I'm nearly done painting my Hafza, I've got my Al Hawwa Hacker and two Bashi Bazouks in line after them. After those, my Odalisques. I've got the Fat Yuan Yuan coming, and Scarface has been started (though my track record with big models like TAGs says he's going to take a while).

Really want to give QK a proper run.

5 hours ago, Loki said:

Really want to give QK a proper run.

Me too, just my local gaming group seems to have dried up :(

Hope the rain season comes and turns the situation into something bearable :/

DTW is a big game changer for many units. Sekban melt guys in ARO at close range.

QK still have some of the coolest and most flexible link team options of any Sectoral, which is really fun to mess around with. And they get really cheap but effective AD which I find very useful. I love QK tbh they're my favourite way to play Haqq.