Edster

Mars Attacks - MAS Ammo Dumps

66 posts in this topic

Man, your table is fantastic!!!

I am no big fan of either mats nor paper terrain, but you make it look planly awesome!!!

Keep it up!

Awesome table and it's getting better and better with every post ;) I really like the consistent look and feel of your terrains.

Great.

Each update to your board is a pleasure to discover! Keep it up, it's really a nice table you've got and it keeps getting better!

oh, and maybe you've mentioned it already but where do the designs for your papercraft crates come from?

Suggestions? With that level that is really hard to do...

How about an access to an underground facility? A mine or a "resaech complex" or anything like that? Then you could add some "build in rock ventilation" with CPU-Coolers...

Very nice variety of terrains. I like the freedom of choice you have setting your table - from city centrer areas to colony outskirts. You could consider making more buttes and rock formations to be able to set full Martian style landscape table (with some small digsites or abandoned camps here and there - I'm not sure why but I have vivid memory from Mass effect  when I think about this).

I've not had any issues with gluing the plastcraft stuff.  Superglue loves the stuff.  IT DOES NEED to be based, for the most part, though.

The trick with foamed PVC seems to be "put the parts in place, apply liquid superglue from the less visible zone possible and let it flow by capilarity to all the crack". That method is also valid for other materials and glues, but with FPVC it seems to be the best option. So if you can find FPVC at the DIY store (or PS, both normally as support for other things, or pre printed signals), it can be great for custom models, instead of having to pay high price for plastic sheets at the model shop.

Foamed PVC is also known as "Sintra" in some places (it's a common thing for prop-makers and some costumers, but not as easy to work with as EVA foam.) and commonly in 3mm or 5mm (or 1/8" or 1/4" for those metrically challenged areas).

On 11/26/2017 at 11:30 PM, chromedog said:

Foamed PVC is also known as "Sintra" in some places (it's a common thing for prop-makers and some costumers, but not as easy to work with as EVA foam.) and commonly in 3mm or 5mm (or 1/8" or 1/4" for those metrically challenged areas).

I bought a full 4x8' sheet of 3mm thick Sintra at an Art Supply/blueprint shop in town. $50 US.  Can make many buildings with that much PVC!

1) Your tale/terrain all look fantastic!

2) might you have a tutorial on that electrical box building?

3) where about are you located?

I’m in Warwick, RI; and a buddy and I usually get at least one game each Friday @ TableTop Hobbies in Westport,Ma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe this will be one of my last posts on the old forum - I’m going to have to transfer it all over to the new one soon! 

Thanks for the info guys @chromedog @Section 9  @Mob of Blondes I should look for some FPVC / Sintra for scratch builds then - plasticard is expensive! At least for the main structure and then detail on top. I used superglue on the plastcraft and it stuck much better after that. 

@Usashi thanks dude! I like the idea of doing a remote outpost, but I really have my heart set on a city scape next - hence the scratch built buildings. I will start a new thread on the New forum soon! 

@Slacker69 thanks mate, I hope I can inspire others to get creative! I have a tutorial for the building With the pipe on here, but not so much the build of it. It was a one off so I will do the next one. 

Im based in Boston but there is a big crew of Infinity players in New England - some in MA, CT and RI. The MA Squad play at Norton MA on mondays and also I know the relentless dragon and the portal are also doing Infinity games. 

Im not on Facebook, but look for Infinity New England group on there. 

I will have to come check out tabletop hobbies Westport!