Loki

Upcoming models - what do you want to see?

140 posts in this topic

What modern Islam is or is not is too debatable to have a forum discussion on it. I was just joking around, of course women should dress modestly. I don't really care about it in a game though.

Specifically, they are armored from their modifications and are literally prostitutes if I remember correctly. If anyone would eshew modesty here I would imagine it would be them.

As a Qapu player of course I'd love some resculpts but we're probably gonna be waiting a while.

I don't want to see modest odalisques, just better ones. I think sexy can be maintained while also having practical. 

What would be cool is when they redo them the odalisques are bigger than the female model scale and go with something like the female druze killer hacker who is huge. Then do light armor over a open leg dress and I guess combat wedges or something (lol).

With Wotan campaign its a shame Sekban are all little dudes with old but not too old to get a new redo sculpt. I want to own them but can't pull the trigger until I see N3 sculpts.

17 hours ago, MoratSapper said:

I don't want to see modest odalisques, just better ones. I think sexy can be maintained while also having practical. 

What would be cool is when they redo them the odalisques are bigger than the female model scale and go with something like the female druze killer hacker who is huge. Then do light armor over a open leg dress and I guess combat wedges or something (lol).

With Wotan campaign its a shame Sekban are all little dudes with old but not too old to get a new redo sculpt. I want to own them but can't pull the trigger until I see N3 sculpts.

I give you a +1 purely for the term "combat wedges".

I am looking forward to the Wotan Campaign for the Sekban. Before the manga came out I didnt realise their neck things were for Zero-G maneuvers.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:01 PM, Palomides said:

Not a resculpt, but I'd love to see a Khawarij box. HRL, Spitfire, BS Doctor, and a generic model armed with swords or daggers. 

Until the unit profiles change, there's only 2 Khawarijs needed since Rifle+LSG is in starter - Spitfire and BSG.  They don't have a HRL option.

Sure, but the HRL profile has been long rumored. We even got a dossier with one featured.  Obviously CB has changed their mind in the past, but this seems like a great way to keep Ramah coming. 

We have a fair share of older models, but not all of them are bad as of today. The trick is what you expect from a model. Asawiras may be old, but being somewhat dehumanized by their suit, their appearance doesn't strike one as odd and "wrong" - it doesn't break expectations (like, ones about how humans should look like) that much. You can see their lack of sharpness or maybe something about their scale, but that's about it. Crude helmet is just a crude helmet, not necessarily an obvious issue with a model. 

Odalisques, on the other hand, have to match what we see in reality. Here, crudeness is problematic, and there's a lot of it, from what I can tell. Their faces could use a pass, for one. I feel like at this point fanged and furred ginger beasties from Ariadna look better than these ladies. I mean, they are likely supposed to support their high tech deterrence complex with appropriate visual signals, right? 

Then, it's a bit sad that we won't see an update on remotes. Chickens could use some love IMO.

Daylami, halqas and the like are kinda obvious - they are pretty spammy models that are only saved - kinda - in their current situation by the ease of proxy.

What I wanted to ask though - where can I find some info on what we know about upcoming releases and CB plans? You folks seem to be quite well-informed. 

2 hours ago, Barrogh said:

What I wanted to ask though - where can I find some info on what we know about upcoming releases and CB plans? You folks seem to be quite well-informed. 

Most info we have is from months and months of small leaks scattered throughout the forums. So trying to find it all would be dubious, however, many of us have seen them as theyve come out and can answer any questions you may have about rumors. To be taken with salt of course.

I'm really new to this army and personally, I'd like to see very soon a new Assassin's starter :thumb-up:. The models are nice but quite old.

On 7/6/2017 at 11:31 AM, Manfred_VR said:

I'm really new to this army and personally, I'd like to see very soon a new Assassin's starter :thumb-up:. The models are nice but quite old.

dear god yes I want 2 new daylami, 1 with panz 1 with shotgun, and a new fiday as well!

3 hours ago, jaque_froid said:

dear god yes I want 2 new daylami, 1 with panz 1 with shotgun, and a new fiday as well!

I believe they won't be in the starter. My bet would be 3 resculpted Muyibs in the Starter (being iconic Hassasin LI, besides the Govads already have a set of sculpts covering basically all loadouts. distribution of sculpts, well, that's another kettle of fish). Maybe, just maybe - 2 of them.

Muyibs have a whopping total of 11 profiles, and could use quite a few sculpts to represent them:

• Spitfire gunner
  • HRL gunner
  • Doctor w/ DEP
  • Rifleman w/ Light Grenade Launcher (covers 2 loadouts - vanilla and Lt)
  • Rifleman w/ Panzerfaust (covers 3 loadouts: vanilla, Lt. and Haris)
  • Rifleman w/ DEP (covers 3 loadouts: Viral Minelayer, E/Mauler / AP Minelayer and Forward Observer).

IMO, it is an ideal setup for a "SWC box" (HRL, Spitfire, Doc and LGL) and 3 models in a Starter Box (DEP, Panzerfaust and "universal proxy" Rifleman).

Somewhat a pity that I already have a full set of old Muyibs, including converted Doc, Panzerfaust, Minelayer, and like 2 "universal proxies"...

9 hours ago, Errhile said:

I believe they won't be in the starter. My bet would be 3 resculpted Muyibs in the Starter (being iconic Hassasin LI, besides the Govads already have a set of sculpts covering basically all loadouts. distribution of sculpts, well, that's another kettle of fish). Maybe, just maybe - 2 of them.

Muyibs have a whopping total of 11 profiles, and could use quite a few sculpts to represent them:

• Spitfire gunner
  • HRL gunner
  • Doctor w/ DEP
  • Rifleman w/ Light Grenade Launcher (covers 2 loadouts - vanilla and Lt)
  • Rifleman w/ Panzerfaust (covers 3 loadouts: vanilla, Lt. and Haris)
  • Rifleman w/ DEP (covers 3 loadouts: Viral Minelayer, E/Mauler / AP Minelayer and Forward Observer).

IMO, it is an ideal setup for a "SWC box" (HRL, Spitfire, Doc and LGL) and 3 models in a Starter Box (DEP, Panzerfaust and "universal proxy" Rifleman).

Somewhat a pity that I already have a full set of old Muyibs, including converted Doc, Panzerfaust, Minelayer, and like 2 "universal proxies"...

As I'm using jaguars as daylami... Yeah I can agree with you. I'd love a first ever 7 model box to cover as many muyibs as possible. 

Doctor, smoke, panzerfaust, rocket, spitfire, pistol, rifle

Image may contain: one or more people, people walking and text

So with the Red veil expansion rumored to have a Ragik and Fiday, i can now see that, but it is also rumored to have Tarik, who i dont see here in the silhouettes, is it just clever photo-shopping to make his profile smaller, or could his name been used as a placeholder for something else new?

36 minutes ago, Agorapocalypse said:

but it is also rumored to have Tarik, who i dont see here in the silhouettes, is it just clever photo-shopping to make his profile smaller, or could his name been used as a placeholder for something else new?

Why would they hide something new for Haqq, while PanO gets reworked profiles and Nomads get an entirely new troop? If they didn't hide them, I doubt they'd hide whatever Haqq is getting. Plus, what other 50+ point thing would we be getting instead of Tarik?

It weird to be weird to have a picture of Tarik up there with a Hassassin motto, so I bet they just subbed in some other Hassassin silhouette to distract us and fit the theme. If you look, it appears almost as though the right-most one is from the Muyib dossier.

I agree that it's weird to include Tarik with the Hassassin model, but it's also kind of weird to have the Ramah starter followed up with a HB expansion, right?

But anyway. It does look like a Ragik, Fiday, and Muyib. The Muyib might even be the most recent sniper shot--the zipper and pockets looked quite familiar to me. 

I guess it's a placeholder, maybe for a Hassassin Starter resculpt. I've been saying it for a long time: a badly needed resculpt.

I should add that I would greatly prefer Tarik to a Muyib. I'd rather a box resculpt for them, and can also use more copies of The Man Mansuri. Both sculpts of his are lovely. I don't need both for game play purposes, but I would have a lot more fun painting Tarik than I would a random Muyib. 

I'm fairly sure we are getting a new Muyib if nothing else. There are concept pics and a close-up photo of what looks like a print of its chestpiece floating around the Internet.

Sigh. Of course, it just had to happen immediately after I've gotten a HB box :/

1 hour ago, Barrogh said:

I'm fairly sure we are getting a new Muyib if nothing else. There are concept pics and a close-up photo of what looks like a print of its chestpiece floating around the Internet.

Sigh. Of course, it just had to happen immediately after I've gotten a HB box :/

C'mon, there's only a single Muyib in the old HB box.

1 hour ago, Barrogh said:

Don't get your hopes up, with digital sculpting, there are bound to be similar design elements on different units. The snipershot may well be the Ragik or Fiday from the new Beyond box.

13 minutes ago, Errhile said:

C'mon, there's only a single Muyib in the old HB box.

Yes, but I feel we'll see not just new Muyibs.

Well, a resculpted HB starter is something we are waiting for since quite a while. At least since the advent f 3-d sculpted models in early N3.

Some models in it (Ragik, Fiday) hail back to pre-1ed, the Daylami are 1ed, and only two models (Muiyb and Lasiq) are 2ed, Human Sphere-era sculpts. That's way old. And yes, I have almost a complete Bahram with old Ragiks, converted Muyibs etc. Only my Ghazi are up-to-date (Iwas lucky, the new box came out about the time I was ready to buy them), along with a mix of 1 & 2 ed. Ghilim my Bahram shares with my QK. Not a single 3ed. Ghulam there, though a number of conversions (to cover for sculpts that did not existed back then).

@Errhile

I mean, I'm all for the update, it's just a minor thing of life.

I'm afraid I'm repeating myself for the umpteenth time, but:

Exercise the virtue of patience and do not let the ghafla take better of you, o my brother.

Welp, the Beyond contents for haqq have been revealed. So ill just give my little rundown and thought.

1. Ragik boarding shotgun: pretty good sculpt but the model is inconsequential to me, didnt need it, didnt want it, probably wont ever run it, but at least it looks cool. 2.8/5

2. Tarik spitfire: Another model i didnt need, but i do love tarik and didnt mind another sculpt of middle-eastern master chief, sculpt and pose looks good too, not mind blowing, but solid and ill probably switch him and my current sculpt around every while now. 3.4/5

3. Fiday DACCW: This one did need a new sculpt even though i still like the original, but holy sheeeet, this this looks amazing. Best sculpt in the box on a model i almost always use. He will go great with AL Djabel and the female fiday. Maybe ill finally run a 3 fiday list and just screw someones day over. 4.1/5 

overall box score: 3.5/5 id say its a solid good box thats worth the pick up. As if it wouldnt be, c'mon CB knows how to bring it.

Almost the same thoughts from me.

Tarik looks cool, but my Tarik already has a Spitfire. I'll eventually 'unconvert' him by buying another Tarik and popping the converted arm off and replacing it with the AP Rifle but I'm in no hurry.

Boarding Shotgun Ragik looks super nice but it's hardly a profile I was clamouring for. I don't think it'll hit the table often.

DA CCW Fiday looks awesome. It's the aggressively posed Fiday I always wanted. However I remain the only Haqqislam player who can figure out how to make them work so he'll likely not see the table much.