Azard

Azards never ending WIPs

212 posts in this topic

Great looking models! I love the high contrast/highlights you do.

2 minutes ago, BaleWolf said:

Great looking models! I love the high contrast/highlights you do.

Thanks! I've been playing more and more with high contrast, it really helps with a models presence when viewed from farther away. It's somthing I really started doing on infinity models, now when I look back at my older work it looks super flat! 

I like your style))

Just now, sarf said:

I like your style))

Thanks friend! 

Beautiful work!! I love your painting style. Truly artful.

a the best of Wu ming new Box :)

nicle done

but you need to work on shading White - as it 100% flat ;)

white  and black are damn hard

18 minutes ago, Maru said:

a the best of Wu ming new Box :)

nicle done

but you need to work on shading White - as it 100% flat ;)

white  and black are damn hard

I was just thinking about this recently actually and plan on practicing with shading white! I think I'll struggle with it less than black now that I've been studying examples. Black has always given me issues! Thanks for the suggestion. 

ok a litle tip  mix a white with cammo green  and use it as a base - you will end with lnien cloth effect  , for an armour made of carbon fibber  and a white one - to above mix adda black  you will get a grey green colour is good start

you can also start with any other of white from military  range or just buy andrea white  set , or paint white thrue turquse blue  - looks good to but effect is like a silk. Valleho Black / White paint set is good to

just remember that whit reflect colours from things around it  so in case of this Wu ming  the inner parts of white that are near  orange part should include a slight tint of brown and the one on abdomen of tiger a green and a brown

5 minutes ago, Maru said:

ok a litle tip  mix a white with cammo green  and use it as a base - you will end with lnien cloth effect  , for an armour made of carbon fibber  and a white one - to above mix adda black  you will get a grey green colour is good start

you can also start with any other of white from military  range or just buy andrea white  set , or paint white thrue turquse blue  - looks good to but effect is like a silk. Valleho Black / White paint set is good to

just remember that whit reflect colours from things around it  so in case of this Wu ming  the inner parts of white that are near  orange part should include a slight tint of brown and the one on abdomen of tiger a green and a brown

Great tip on the white reflecting the stuff around it! I'll have to try that out for sure. Keep an eye out here for my experiments! Tonight I am working on Kornak Gazarot from the combined army.

21 hours ago, Maru said:

Great tip on the white reflecting the stuff around it! I'll have to try that out for sure. Keep an eye out here for my experiments! Tonight I am working on Kornak Gazarot from the combined army.

changed my mind, decided to work on my Govad with HMG!

image.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Azard said:

changed my mind, decided to work on my Govad with HMG!

image.jpeg

o hello so we work on same mini XD

I think this is as much as I can do for the evening, hopefully I can finish on my day off (Tuesday)!

image.jpeg

base is caind of plain .. -__-'

and a green on  hands is flat but beside this  good job ;?)

2 hours ago, Maru said:

base is caind of plain .. -__-'

and a green on  hands is flat but beside this  good job ;?)

Worry not, these issues will be addressed! I had already planned on finishing the hand today, it's just a basecoat at the moment. Not sure what to do with the base, I wanted to do somthing autumn themed for contrast but I'm not sure... Any suggestions?

http://www.reapermini.com/TheCraft/24

autumn is basicly about warm  rusty colours  warm yellow Red and brown  and leavs  , small sticks (a roots do well for this )

basicly look at Ctans  minis and bases - he likes autumn bases alot

http://fantasygames.com.pl/category/authors/ctan/

and i wil throw a feve  made by me with a different level of complication :\

Basic - you can't go lower :P

but it is autumn themed

PB050044-1.jpg

a bit more crap + leafs

hoodo1a.jpg

a wall , grass , leafs and a spunge ..

and Blue Zuave .. 0-o

zuawe2.jpg

Rusty colours + Yellowish leafs (placed one by oner to get an effect of a wind moving them )

odaliska2s.jpg

and at the end :

a lot of things going one :)

volgar3r.jpg

over all if your goal is to  get an impresion of wind - you need to place leafs  one by one usin tooth pick and set them corectly - you may even paint them Red (redish ) if this will improve the effect (it will if you use corect colours - like muted green as a 80% of a base and include this in mini then as accent Red leafs )

Taking a break from the govad to work on another model.

image.jpeg

Made some progress today, hopefully complete tomorrow! 

image.jpeg

It's fun to see your process. 

Thanks for the posts, and nice work. 

Your models are really well painted, my compliments :thumb-up:.

I saw your posts on /tg/. Spectacular work!

nice but as usual base is lacking same as boots :P

other thing wgen shading  green - add a bit of Yellow  it gives better effect  as  green + white = milky white  or just undefined offwhite instade of brighter green

but good job :)