Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Commander Richard

Men of the Gate

36 posts in this topic

Sekban get more BS as well. And AP on their rifles.

Superior stats and lower cost. Seems competitive to me.

I'll refrain from commenting, I'm really more of a "drown them in Ghulam corpses" kind of guy.

63f69423e23239facb8d2dfa028e3d25.jpg8a9f2f63a6974fe227d041dd93ab1b44.jpg

That's my converted Hafza

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why dont you check my Tagline missions lists? Maybe you may like some of them.

Lastly, which miniatures do you have? I will recommend according to yours.

logo_403.png Qapu Khalqi
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png7  orden_irregular.png2  orden_impetuosa.png2
logo_2.pngODALISQUE (Fireteam: Haris) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
logo_2.pngODALISQUE Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 30)
logo_4.pngHAFZA Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 18)
logo_11.pngYUAN YUAN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 8)
logo_11.pngYUAN YUAN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)
logo_21.pngFANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
logo_20.pngSHAYTANIYAH REMOTE Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)
logo_25.pngLEILA SHARIF Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
logo_7.pngDJANBAZAN Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 31)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png8  
logo_10.pngHAWWA' (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
logo_10.pngHAWWA' (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
logo_1.pngGHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
logo_22.pngNASMAT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
logo_4.pngHAFZA Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
logo_1.pngGHULAM HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 20)
logo_1.pngGHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
logo_1.pngGHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
logo_1.pngGHULAM (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Group 1

• 3 Odalisques (no one knows one of them is a man ;) ) will assault enemy line, drawing fire. As Hafza disguised as Odalisque w/ boarding shogun, he will be seen as close ranged unit. So rocket launcher will be a great surprise.
  • 2 Yuan Yuans will play as enemy line disturber. Or you may combine his smoke with Djanbzan's MSV2. (you know the trick, right?)
  • Shaytaniyah (means Devil in Arabic as far as I know): You have 3 FOs in the list. Mark the enemy, and send guided Smart Missiles. (If you had frontline hackers, you would spot them in ZoC without been seen.)
  • Fanous & Leila are your favorites. Leila with cybermask can move in safe and designate objectives or surprise shot enemy.
  • Djanbazan sniper will be deployed far away to a corner where her will cover half table (left or right). He is your #1 camo-hunter with his MSV2.

Group 2

• Hawwas are our lovely scouts. Deploy them as far as to table center line, but do not cross over to enemy half. They will designate the objectives in the center line. Do not reveal them before designating the objectives. They may be KIA, but objectives what bring us the victory.
  • Ghulam Doc will be positioned in secure where he may cover the flank of Djanbzan. Snipers are vulnarable to short range, especially AD deployment flankers. He will remote the NAsmat.
  • Hafza disguised as Ghulam grenade launcher will be positioned in secure where he may cover the rear. Or let the enemy think this way. We can not afford our Lt to take damage. He will be part of the Ghulam fire linked team. Just enjoy the HMG with BS+3, Burst+1, SSL2. Linked team should be positioned in order to cover the other half table (left or right) according to Djanbzan.

It would be better if we had a second Djanbzan (w/HMG or even shock marksman rifle) Believe me MSV2 is very important against camos. 

Enjoy the list.

On ‎2017‎.‎04‎.‎20‎. at 9:49 PM, Loricus said:

Sekban get more BS as well. And AP on their rifles.

Superior stats and lower cost. Seems competitive to me.

Thank You for the sum-up. Maybe It's just me, but NWI still tilts the scales heavily in favour of Odalisques. Not to mention aesthetics.

On ‎2017‎.‎04‎.‎21‎. at 5:01 AM, TwoDee said:

I'll refrain from commenting, I'm really more of a "drown them in Ghulam corpses" kind of guy.

I was loughing harder than I should!

14 hours ago, cibili said:

Lastly, which miniatures do you have? I will recommend according to yours.

First things first: the conversion looks awesome! As far as I can see You put some putty on a HRL Sekban and used a different head. Am I right? I have quite a few save kilts from Caledonians. I think even I can do something similar. (I totally lack agility and sure of hands...)

Huhh, currently I own a QK starter box, a Nomad starter box, a Druze hacker (came with the book), a Druze spitfire, a HMG Janissarire, a Haqqislam Support Pack, HRL Sekban. Pretty thin, I am in the investment phase. (I intend to proxy Leila with something else, maybe a Hunzakut. I understand she was released in one of the Dire Foes boxes, but I find her pose so out of place that I just can't bring myself to buying and fielding the mini. Besides the Hunzakut looks REALLY cool!)

Remotes (REM) and Odalisques will arrive late May.

It would be better if we had a second Djanbzan (w/HMG or even shock marksman rifle) Believe me MSV2 is very important against camos. 

I play Ariadna. I know.

Enjoy the list.

Will do my best and thank You a lot!

Silly question: why the Hafza Lt? A Ghulam Lt is cheaper and will do pretty much the same thing (that is sitting on his butt).

40 minutes ago, Commander Richard said:

Silly question: why the Hafza Lt? A Ghulam Lt is cheaper and will do pretty much the same thing (that is sitting on his butt).

Because he can pose as somebody else (in this case @cibili suggests to pose him as Ghulam GL) who can not be a Lt from the legal standpoint. Therefore protecting your Hafza Lt. from assassination attempts as "this totally can't be a Lt!". Also, he has 1 ARM more - once the push comes to the shove, this may be making a difference between standing tall and falling on his face. 

I mean, if you have odd 4 pts and no really good idea on what to do with these - upgrading Ghilim to Hafzas really is a an idea that's not half-bad. For these 4pts you get the beforementioned +1 ARM, and +1 BS. Not a huge difference, but there are times when even a small difference becomes the difference ;) And, as I said, sometimes there is nothing better to do with these 4pts (because, for example, you already have all the Nasmats you are allowed, and you can't / don't want to start another Combat Group with something cheap and near-useless, etc., etc...)

3 hours ago, Commander Richard said:

Thank You for the sum-up. Maybe It's just me, but NWI still tilts the scales heavily in favour of Odalisques. Not to mention aesthetics.

That's fine, we all value things differently. For me raw stats and those little cylinder tanks on their back beat Oda's out.  :lol:

@Loricus Me too! They just look so professional and tacticool. Gorgeous models and I'm so happy with their HSN3 update. 

40 minutes ago, Commander Richard said: Silly question: why the Hafza Lt? A Ghulam Lt is cheaper and will do pretty much the same thing (that is sitting on his butt).

Because he can pose as somebody else (in this case @cibili suggests to pose him as Ghulam GL) who can not be a Lt from the legal standpoint. Therefore protecting your Hafza Lt. from assassination attempts as "this totally can't be a Lt!". Also, he has 1 ARM more

Exactly like what @Errhile said. My regular opponent gave up the idea to assassinate my Lt. Because Hafza Lt disguises every time as a different model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk