Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KaNife

300pt Quadrant Control List

13 posts in this topic

logo_201.png QUADRANT CONTROL
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png10  orden_impetuosa.png4
logo_9.pngHSIEN Lieutenant HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 61)
logo_32.pngSÙ-JIÀN Spitfire, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 59)
logo_11.pngGŬILÁNG Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 31)
logo_4.pngZÚYǑNG MULTI Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 31)
logo_4.pngZÚYǑNG Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 30)
logo_22.pngCELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
logo_23.pngKUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png
logo_3.pngTIGER SOLDIER Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
logo_14.pngZhanshi YĪSHĒNG Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
logo_22.pngCELESTIAL GUARD Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

The thought process here is to include durable, high armor units so weather the storm with cheaper units to watch my back field.

My plan is to advance the HI forward to positions that make them difficult to dig out, in suppressive fire at the end of each turn.  The Su Jian or Hsien will be maintained in reserve.  Both may be used as offensive pieces, with the Su Jian serving as an armored push up a sparsely covered flank (may make use of cautious movement to advance to turn an angle).  The Celestial Guard with smoke will be maintained on the same side as the Hsien so he can shoot through smoke to dislodge overwatch enemy positions on my active turn.  He will be tucked away on the inactive turn.  Kuang Shi exist for orders and to create unfavorable piece trades at close range.  I have Zuyong models and wanted to bring them, and their weapons were limited based on SWC.  Breaker pistols are damnable effective 8" and inside.  Guilang will serve as a middle of the board HI counter and general shifty target.  The Tiger Soldier will enter the board turn 2 on her order, and hopefully enjoy two more orders to flame down troops out of position.  The remaining Celestial Guard and Yisheng are there to watch back field.  I must remember that I can used a ranged medical treatment and that I do NOT need to get into base to base contact to heal models. 

Thoughts?  Tactics?

You seem to have it pretty figured out.

You may feel an order drain as the Kuang Shi get dropped. We'll see.

Keep in mind that using the Medkit to shoot uses the Paramedic rules rather than doctor. And that Kuang Shi can't go unconcious (without exploding) so they can't be revived. Not that you would care for zombified enemies of the state.

And make use of those low vis zones with the Guilang.

Good luck!

Loricus: Thank you for reminding me to check on the Medkit being used as a healing dart gun, where its Paramedic instead of using the PhD roll.  Most of my Kuang Shi die due to multiple hits, so they cannot explode.  I thought if I activated Dogged, when the enemy kills them they are then removed and don't explode.  I double checked Quadrant Control and Low Vis zones are not part of that mission. 

Thank you for the feedback.

Low vis zones should/could be part of the terrain setup to make games a bit more interesting, and MSVs are obviously useful against enemies with mimetism/camo/etc.

Remember that you get points when you have more quadrants that the adversary, so usually holding both you "home" quadrants is pointless if the enemy does the same. You should aim to go second so you have the clear picture of what to do to win the points for the round and generally keep one of your quadrants and "steal" one of his over keeping both your quadrants.

Det: You have some great painted miniatures and terrain!  I will need to remember to not forget the Giulang's MSV1, because I often overlook it.  What you are saying about Quadrant Control is in keeping with the same pointers Mayacast gave.  I look forward to trying out this mission.

Do you have a Hac Tao at all? Hac Tao's are amazeballs at holding a quadrant on their own in this mission.

T.I.A.: No I don't have a Hac Tao, a non-hacker Hac Tao model is probably one of the next models on the list to get.  Also on that list is a Daofei, but I have don't hear much about them being represented.  Still, with my affinity for Guilangs, I can imagine a three infiltrating camo tokens, one of which contains a brutal surprise. 

And on an unrelated note, does the collective have any strong indication when Corvus Belli may announce the next sectorial(s)?  I am excited to play an Invincible Army sectorial that combines most of my Yu Jing interests.

Why not 5? Two will blow up in your face, and one is a heavy infantry!

If you've got a special affinity for Guilang, I'm afraid some of your interests will be unanswered. Theory is next year afaik.

Mahtamori:  Well, one of those Guilang is going to be a Assault Hacker or the Repeater+Mines option.  I should try minelayer some time for the fun of it, but the .5 SWC is not attractive to me for something that is not mobile.  As for the Guilang's potential absence in the projected sectorial, well, I got into Yu Jing for the heavy infantry and want to run that 5 man link of Zuyong death. 

hi.jpg

...says the Yu Jing Tiger Soldier to the Ariadna Hardcase

On that note:

Buzz Lightyear - C_35
Special Skills: AD: Combat Jump, Sensor, Zero-G Terrain, Chain of Command, Shock Immunity

MOV_4-2 CC_16 BS_13 PH_13 WIP_14 ARM_3 BTS_3 W_1 S_2 AVA_1

E/Mitter, 2xNanopulser, Pistol, Knife hand

Buzz2.jpg

I'm still mostly waiting for confirmation of what IA will have that's less than 25 points per model. Can't, unfortunately, make decent armies with only 25+ models nor is it very possible to use 2+ Guijias unless we get 8 or more AVA worth of 8 to 15 point models. Right now that means AVA T Zhanshi, but honestly, that's boring as hell and also somewhat out of character since it's the type of army that IA is meant to replace. In either case, that's for a different topic.

On 4/20/2017 at 0:23 AM, KaNife said:

I thought if I activated Dogged, when the enemy kills them they are then removed and don't explode.

That's correct, but you can't heal them out of Dogged either.

I also usually lose them to multiple wounds, so it doesn't really matter.

Loricus: The advantage to dogged is I don't suffer a self-inflicted detonation template in my own lines. I would really enjoy getting the Kuang Shi into position to do a group detonation.