Usashi

Neon city project

75 posts in this topic

I totally get that! As beautiful as much of the MDF terrain out there is (and MAS is certainly amongst the top!), I also plan to "mod" mine enough to make them unique. You did an amazing job of it!

Oh that is a gorgeous little addition! Great work mate :D What's next on the work bench?

Lovely little sushi bar and way better than the normal house. You made good use of your airbrush in my opinion. Great!

Nice. I really like the Sushi house.

What type of tube did you wrap the round tea sign in?  That really adds, for lack of a better phrase, non-mdf feel to the building.

Cheers.

I got myself a set of acrylic drinking straws, something like this:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQU-LFq1nRQHDpzGUw2vz2

They are a bit more expensive and sturdy than regular ones but the colours are more vivid. For the tea sign I just used bent part that was more or less of the same size.
I must say I'm quite fond how do they look so I'll be adding more straw attachments to my buildings for the cheep cyberpunk neon effect :)

Heh, just a straw.  And here I thought you had gotten something from a hardware store and used a crystal\clear green paint to tint it slightly.  Occam's razor in action.

Those really look like they'd make great neon tubes for signs and such.  Just a little heat to bend and you can get some cool stuff.  Going to see if I can find some that have that clear plastic over the colored stuff.

Brilliant idea, got to copy this for Teferox Bay. :P

Suicide booth. Haha brutal. Great buildings. Inspired me to finally get working on New Saigon.

Oh wow. amazing change just from adding the corrugated cardboard roof edges. You sir are a genius.

Robert

The Corrugated stuff looks great. I bought a few days ago a tool for making corrugated stuff off of Amazon to do similar stuff on my table.  Seeing what you're doing give me more confidence that it was a good idea.

What did you do to support it?  Surely more then just the corners of the building?

On 6/24/2017 at 2:47 PM, Toaster said:

Oh wow. amazing change just from adding the corrugated cardboard roof edges. You sir are a genius.

This!

I think that open area of the 'L' could use a small garden or something...

Thanks guys :) I find it amazing as well how just a few pieces of cardboard can improve things.

On 25.06.2017 at 11:43 PM, monkeysloth said:

What did you do to support it?  Surely more then just the corners of the building?

I had some HDF square leftovers, so I use hobby knife to cut them diagonally and used those triangles as a base (3-4 per edge). To make the whole construction more player resistant, I've added extra layer of PVA glue in the selected areas. Basically the space under the roof it isn't pretty but it's not something you can really notice once the building is set on the table. 

3N8aBXw.jpg

On 26.06.2017 at 5:53 AM, Section 9 said:

I think that open area of the 'L' could use a small garden or something...

Maybe in the future I'll add more details like that and some interior pieces in the central section as well. For now the building looks fine more or less and I have a big pile of terrain to paint/repaint yet.

Besides having more open spaced areas means I can always set some billboards, crates and other scatter terrain when needed ;)

those roof edges add so much theme!

On 6/26/2017 at 6:53 AM, Usashi said:

Maybe in the future I'll add more details like that and some interior pieces in the central section as well. For now the building looks fine more or less and I have a big pile of terrain to paint/repaint yet.

Besides having more open spaced areas means I can always set some billboards, crates and other scatter terrain when needed ;)

True that!

awesome awesomeness :scared-(-nahh-):

Keep it up mate. Great Job. Looking forward for a shot of the whole table.

Whatever you say about the new GitS movie, you can't fault it's aesthetics :D