AdmiralJCJF

Aristeia! - Is Coming!

49 posts in this topic

Nice! Can't wait to see some more of it ^^

Im excited! But i wish the art style was less saturated/gameshow/cartoon. I get that aristeia is some kind of gameshow, but the overall look is reminding me of some recent cartoonish arena shooters we all know of. :/

Knowing Corvus Belli, this should be lots of fun. 

I'm looking forward to some extreme action! 

I'm so excited about this!   I recently participated in a Demo for a gladiatorial game with Mechs and all I could think of was "How I wish I could do an Aristeia! Tournament with my play group."

I'll keep an eye out for this.

Do we need two threads about it?

38 minutes ago, PsychoticStorm said:

Do we need two threads about it?

I don't see the other, i may need more coffee...

14 minutes ago, jherazob said:

I don't see the other, i may need more coffee...

I almost sure we have something like 3 concurrent discussions about Aristeia ;P

Really excited about this game... but such a lame vidéo. No pictures of the board or the models... not a fan of CBs long drawn out ad campaigns with almost no content.

ok, omg, there is so much potential in this game, YES CB, make it happen,

IM REALLY EXCITED ABOUT IT.

lots of doubts about it in the future with the "what ifs"

and the thing is not related to the infinity game and how we can make it in the future to bring our guys from the army to the game and visceversa 

the hat dude and the joseph joestar sci fi look lmao, love it

maxresdefault[1].jpg

Minis?  With the comic-book pics in the video, I thought that the game was going to come with cardboard standees (as stupid a decision as that would be).

I'm hoping that the Aristeios will get Infinity game stats.

On 5/6/2017 at 3:49 AM, Section 9 said:

Minis?  With the comic-book pics in the video, I thought that the game was going to come with cardboard standees (as stupid a decision as that would be).

I'm hoping that the Aristeios will get Infinity game stats.

Given Corvus Belli's passion for miniatures, I couldn't see this without figures. 

...and the crossover potential is pure gold. 

6 hours ago, schoon said:

Given Corvus Belli's passion for miniatures, I couldn't see this without figures. 

CB confirmed miniatures on their twitter.

12 hours ago, Melkhior said:

CB confirmed miniatures on their twitter.

Oh joy!   That is great news!   For a second I thought "incompatibility" meant "No minis"

I want them all.  The cowboy, the catgirl, they all look awesome in the art.

By the way isn't the Old Grizzled Cowboy has been confirmed to be the Recreation of "Wild Bill Hicock"; or is rather an "In-Universe Homage Character" and not a full fledged Lhost created for the purpose like Musashi Myamoto.....???

On 5/10/2017 at 5:47 PM, stevenart74 said:

By the way isn't the Old Grizzled Cowboy has been confirmed to be the Recreation of "Wild Bill Hicock"; or is rather an "In-Universe Homage Character" and not a full fledged Lhost created for the purpose like Musashi Myamoto.....???

Wild Bill is mentioned in the fluff, just can't remember where.

On 5/9/2017 at 3:33 AM, schoon said:

Yeah, I really couldn't, either, but stranger things have happened when companies change game "scales" (like Rackham going to prepainted plastics for big-battle Confrontation).

I'd expect that the core Aristeia! rules will be much more detailed than Infinity, at least in terms of hit locations and damage effects.  So an Aristeia! profile wouldn't be useful AT ALL in Infinity.  But I hope that we could see Infinity profiles for Aristeia! characters. 

I'd also really like to be able to make my own Aristeia! character.

On 5/13/2017 at 10:31 PM, Section 9 said:

I'd also really like to be able to make my own Aristeia! character.

Designing my own Aristeia! duelists and using them against the best of what my opponent can put together is pretty high on my list of "what I want from this game".

That makes 3 of us.  Well, 4 if we count a friend of mine who doesn't like Infinity (bad experiences with AROs of unforgiving players); but who's willing to play Aristeia with us once we get our hands on the game.

I'm dying to make my own Aristeia! Duelist and so does my friend.

3 minutes ago, Danger Rose said:

That makes 3 of us.  Well, 4 if we count a friend of mine who doesn't like Infinity (bad experiences with AROs of unforgiving players); but who's willing to play Aristeia with us once we get our hands on the game.

I'm dying to make my own Aristeia! Duelist and so does my friend.

The idea gives me immediate flashbacks to the joy of designing custom Battlemechs to a specific tonnage and then trying to best the designs of my friends in Battletech.

It's a formational wargaming experience so it's especially warm an fuzzy as an association. 

10 minutes ago, AdmiralJCJF said:

The idea gives me immediate flashbacks to the joy of designing custom Battlemechs to a specific tonnage and then trying to best the designs of my friends in Battletech.

It's a formational wargaming experience so it's especially warm an fuzzy as an association. 

Same here!   In our case it was Heavy Gear Arena.

In My immediate area (City of Genoa, Region of Liguria in the Northern Leftmost side of Italy) two big shops that specializes in Paper Boardgames have expressed to Me the desire to know more of Aristeia and have some possible events in the future as their usual clients dislikes Metal Miniatures (too dedication for their "Casual Player Base") but are a serious, mature base of former R.P.G. Players desperately reduced to "Boardgame Evenings" by a not very conductive local zone...

A sort of Boardgame with possibility of some kind of Experience / Growth / Customizing of Characters would be a HUGE sell for them.....!!!

Heh-heh. Welcome to Aristeia! the gateway drug for the Infinity universe ;)

15 hours ago, schoon said:

Heh-heh. Welcome to Aristeia! the gateway drug for the Infinity universe ;)

That's pretty much exactly how I'm hoping to use it.