AdmiralJCJF

Aristeia! - Is Coming!

49 posts in this topic

On ‎15‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 1:18 AM, AdmiralJCJF said:

Designing my own Aristeia! duelists and using them against the best of what my opponent can put together is pretty high on my list of "what I want from this game".

Hell yeah! Badass rogue Asura Yashia incoming! :laugh::D:lol:

I would really love to see this!

Yeah, though I have no idea if it's a reasonable expectation or not,  I would love to be able to design my own duelist! 

With the rising exhilaration coming from that mere supposition then, even if is not on the BASIC "Vanilla Box", then could be at least on subsequent expansions a very interesting idea that surely merit a thorough consideration...

I know that sometimes @Bostria and @Interruptor surf the Forums and so could perhaps hear and understand this plea...

After all the "Customization Hunger" run very deep in the Infinity Fanbase and, with the slow, but careful, developement of the Official R.P.G. licensed / patented to Modiphius, it could potentially satiate a very widespread fan-base...

At the start of N2 Campaign Paradiso I remember many, many, players that even not very interested in the Campaign itself as was intended, were extremely pleased by the range of previously unheard of "Custom Options" of developing their Faction special, personalized kind of "Special Ops Agent"...

Maybe even if a "100% Pimped Up" character is not immediatly possible in Aristeia, at least some kind of "Magic The Gathering" style of Arsenal / Wargear / One-Shot Equipement (such as First-Aid Kit, Reflex Boost Combat Drugs or Special Ammo) would offer a range of choices and be the start to further expand even a "Basic Flavour Vanilla" generic character (such as "Brute Strength", "Speed Duelist", "Athletic Runner", "Bullet-Sponge Tank" and so on)...

Obviously from this both a crossbreed with the extant "Special Ops Rules" AND Modiphius existing stuff could be a solid base for a dedicated fan-base to expand upon...

Very interesting, I'm always on the lookout for miniature boardgames that don't require the level of commitment of a full wargame. 

My only disappointment about Aristeia! is the focus on 2 players only. More social games, say for 2-6 players, satisfy a larger segment and most importantly give you something that traditional wargames (including Infinity) don't. 

4 hours ago, stevenart74 said:

With the rising exhilaration coming from that mere supposition then, even if is not on the BASIC "Vanilla Box", then could be at least on subsequent expansions a very interesting idea that surely merit a thorough consideration...

I know that sometimes @Bostria and @Interruptor surf the Forums and so could perhaps hear and understand this plea...

After all the "Customization Hunger" run very deep in the Infinity Fanbase and, with the slow, but careful, developement of the Official R.P.G. licensed / patented to Modiphius, it could potentially satiate a very widespread fan-base...

At the start of N2 Campaign Paradiso I remember many, many, players that even not very interested in the Campaign itself as was intended, were extremely pleased by the range of previously unheard of "Custom Options" of developing their Faction special, personalized kind of "Special Ops Agent"...

Maybe even if a "100% Pimped Up" character is not immediatly possible in Aristeia, at least some kind of "Magic The Gathering" style of Arsenal / Wargear / One-Shot Equipement (such as First-Aid Kit, Reflex Boost Combat Drugs or Special Ammo) would offer a range of choices and be the start to further expand even a "Basic Flavour Vanilla" generic character (such as "Brute Strength", "Speed Duelist", "Athletic Runner", "Bullet-Sponge Tank" and so on)...

Obviously from this both a crossbreed with the extant "Special Ops Rules" AND Modiphius existing stuff could be a solid base for a dedicated fan-base to expand upon...

@bostria, @Interruptor, @anyone at Corvus Belli, please listen to this person!

3 hours ago, Albi86 said:

Very interesting, I'm always on the lookout for miniature boardgames that don't require the level of commitment of a full wargame. 

My only disappointment about Aristeia! is the focus on 2 players only. More social games, say for 2-6 players, satisfy a larger segment and most importantly give you something that traditional wargames (including Infinity) don't. 

Yeah.  I'm thinking they focused on the one-on-one nature of Aristeia Dueling; but if the game could be set up as a Tournament, then easily 2-8 can be a more accurate number of players.

8 hours ago, Albi86 said:

I'd hope that an expansion would allow for more players later.

Yes, but... the game is not even out yet and we're already looking forward to expansions? :unsure:

5 hours ago, Albi86 said:

Yes, but... the game is not even out yet and we're already looking forward to expansions? :unsure:

To be fair, we know enough about the game as it will be at launch to say that there are certain things that we'd also like to see added to it.

If they can't be added to the initial game (and if they are doing demos at Gencon then that seems likely) then we'd like to see them as expansions.

That's hardly either surprising or unfair.

On 5/21/2017 at 5:00 AM, Albi86 said:

We have to expect this in the future. 

The fluff is pretty clear that Aristeia! has more than just one-on-one duels.

It may be pretty easy to figure out how to add more duelist on your own - we'll see...

Wake up, thread.

*there was an Aristeia mini render that's been removed by Bostria for apparently being some super secret info*

Edited by Pierzasty

3 hours ago, ItsUncertainWho said:

Nomad?

The world's fattest daktaris perhaps.  

2 hours ago, FatherKnowsBest said:

The world's fattest daktaris perhaps.  

Fat Yuan's dietician.

6 hours ago, dulydude said:

Hey @Pierzasty, was the picture in this thread posted before you?

No, I posted it but Bostria took it down. It seems some tester's gonna get the boot for NDA violation.

8 hours ago, Mob of Blondes said:

Read somewhere that it was Kung Fu Panda.

Is that what it was supposed to be?

8 hours ago, Mob of Blondes said:

Read somewhere that it was Kung Fu Panda.

So, Jack Black is coming before Blackjacks?

Dammit!  I feel like I was in high school again and heard the voice of that girl I liked, but missed seeing her.  It's a funny feeling and it's been a while since I've had so much anticipation (Wotan being around the corner is getting me emotional, I guess).

11 hours ago, Pierzasty said:

No, I posted it but Bostria took it down. It seems some tester's gonna get the boot for NDA violation.

And a full post removed too. Probably for pointing the kerning in the text was icky, or crappy font.

kerning.png

Or for saying it was Neckbeard Littlehead Panda. Or Fat Monkey Monkey (Pleb, not King). :P

You can see a hint in the official trailer anyway. Imagine a mix with Pandaren, and you are done.Pandaren-Monk.jpg

Waiting for the improved version, the Bouncer.

Spoiler

nuhuhgirlfriend.gif

Pandaren meets Odalisques. No is no.

A new triple zero or a new Bran? :P