WiseKensai

WiseKensai's Nomad Batreps

39 posts in this topic

Finally getting back into this game and playing more, which hopefully means more battle reports!  As always, need more/better pictures.  Hope you enjoy!

I had originally had a list of all the batreps here, but it was getting a little long/un-maintainable. Here's a link to the full list on my blog which is automatically kept up to date: https://www.mercrecon.net/tag/InfinityAAR/

Thanks for stopping by!

Original Batrep from the first post:

Great report, I really enjoyed all the little narratives and conversation going on throughout, it made it a lot of fun to read! 

A very good report and a lovely read.  Keep up the good work!

Well, I've faced one, even two AD troops before. But never four. Hope you enjoy!

After getting dropped on by four Hellcats, I decided to try it for myself!

Took my newly assembled Mobile Brigada out for a spin in Corregidor against Vanilla Nomads. Getting hacked by Nomads is no fun.  Guess it was time for a taste of my own medicine!

Sprinkled a few minor narrative elements in this one for funsies too, hope you enjoy.

Been trying a new Wordpress image annotation tool, hopefully it is helpful for you batrep readers out there.

This was the PanO player's first 300 point game. It was won and lost in deployment, as is often the case with newer players. Nevertheless, he did a great job problem solving on the table. This batrep is more focused on analysis and accurately recording the events of the game than anything else.

I also make the case that you should basically always use DA ammo over AP for MULTI Sniper Rifles. If you are shooting at something where AP matters, it's a TAG, and you should by trying to CC or hack it, not shoot it.

Rematch against the same player from Zero Cool and Acid Burn Hack the PanO. I space cadet SUPER HARD and trot my lieutenant out for him to glue. 

Big improvement in play from my opponent in the space of a week, and the game itself was loads of fun in spite of my derpyness.

This one was a lot of fun to write! Thanks to my opponent for staying late on a work night to get in this game with me, especially since he had just played this mission on the same table against ALEPH. Been seeing a lot of this fellow across the table lately. He's newer, and it's really great seeing him improve game-by-game.

@WiseKensai Great job on your battle reports. Keep producing good work.

Was out of town for awhile, so no games, but I'm back with more adventures of Zero Cool the Interventor, Acid Burn the Zero, and introducing Cereal Killer the Bandit!

Enjoyable reps as usual, prisma is a neat thingymajig :D I like your mix of fluffblurbs and easily folowed action, very nice indeed. 

In Catfight: 

you declared dodge-hack? Is that legal? 

Also su jian has no wound incap, which maybe your opponent forgot about....

Last game was brutal, and some of your gambles failed which never help (zeros ehem... )

18 minutes ago, SevenSins said:

you declared dodge-hack? Is that legal? 

Also su jian has no wound incap, which maybe your opponent forgot about....

Yeah, we forgot. First time for a Su Jian on the table for both of us, good to remember the NWI!

As far as the dodge-hack goes, I guess not on upon further research. At the time, to speed up play, we assumed Dodge was a movement skill and therefore it would be legal. This thread would suggest that it wasn't legal. Fortunately, I failed my dodge roll so game state wasn't affected.

Good catches, thanks!

I'm glad you enjoyed the batreps, and yeah... Scorched Earth, Spaced Deck was pretty brutal... gambles definitely did not pay off. =)

Speaking of catching rule/play  mistakes, upon further analysis I think I missed a few opportunities to shoot the Daturazi with my Spektr BSG, because the special dodge: Smoke rule only protects the smoke throwing model and not the rest of the link team. Of course, once smoke is on the table, I can't see anything. I forget the exact details by now, but I will be much more careful in the future and try to shoot the non-leader members of the link team.

This one's a 3-parter. I recently put together a Lunokhod and wanted to give it a go. I played 3 games with the intent of using the Lunokhod and trying to figure out where it belongs in my toolbox. I still haven't figured it out, but I'm getting there!  

Was a little burned out on writing fluff after Wotan so I took a break on the little fluff vignettes for these, instead focusing a little more on my thought process. Hope someone finds them useful!

Nice reports and afterthoughts :D

In 150 point games skew happens to easily, the game is balanced for 300+. 

More batreps from the backlog, with a focus on the effects of playing Infinity on a clock. Hope you enjoy!

I've started a thread about the general subject of increasing play speed for Infinity, if you're interested in discussing that.

Working my way through a long backlog of batreps. This one was quite close until the end, in spite the early success on one side. A good example of why you need to set aside orders to play the objective.

This one was a short one, and didn't feel particularly rich in narrative moments. It was played on the clock and we finished well within an hour. We were the last to set up, the last to start playing, and the first to finish on game night.

In any case, this was pretty close to a mirror match. Both of us had Interventor LTs, Zeros, Intruder MSRs, and he a Kriza Borac HMG if you want to read about how that went!

I took some time off during the week of the American Total Solar Eclipse in 2017 (for you future people reading this), so I dug some scatter terrain out of a closet and had some friends over to try some experiments with different tables.

Long story short, symmetric boards are... meh (we knew this already) and short boards favor warbands (we also knew this). It was fun to see in action though.

Still catching up on my backlog of batreps! Down to 4 in the queue. More to come soon.