Talon65

Strike Zone: Wotan, Kill Cage questions...

Question

First, should Wotan rules questions be posted here or in the Wotan forum?

In the Kill Cage mission, we have a couple of questions, first off, do you have to identify you Lt. so that he can "threaten" it?

Does your opponent roll and decide targets for the Security Remotes as in Ice Storm for the CSU?

Also, the scenario states it uses No Quarter but also states under End of Mission that Retreat will end the mission. 

7 answers to this question

First, should Wotan rules questions be posted here or in the Wotan forum?

In the Kill Cage mission, we have a couple of questions, first off, do you have to identify you Lt. so that he can "threaten" it?

Does your opponent roll and decide targets for the Security Remotes as in Ice Storm for the CSU?

Also, the scenario states it uses No Quarter but also states under End of Mission that Retreat will end the mission. 

1. The scenario Doesn't have any rule revealing LTs. Play as normal.

2. We let the reactive player drive in the case of multiple targets but also had a 3rd party run them for a turn while they watched.

3. The second part being there will never occur with no quarter. We can assume unless clarified, it was left in by mistake.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Talon65 said:

The Security Remotes react only to Active models, so i'd go for being used by the Reactive Player.

Can the security remotes declare discover ARO if you move a Camo marker into LOF? Do they delay? Or do they just shoot?

Or, does the reactive player just control them as they like, as suggested by @Tox

2 hours ago, Valette said:

Can the security remotes declare discover ARO if you move a Camo marker into LOF? Do they delay? Or do they just shoot?

Or, does the reactive player just control them as they like, as suggested by @Tox

I think it makes the most sense to have the reactive player control them, and choose. 

Another question... are they remotes? Can they be hacked?

7 minutes ago, Hecaton said:

Another question... are they remotes? Can they be hacked?

Also can they be used as targets for Telemetry, Data Scan, Coup de Grace etc..?

I'd say yes, they're enemy models as far as the players are concerned.

Icchan, I would say no.  The mission uses the term elements to describe the security remotes.  Elements are not models or troopers, so I do not think they count for objectives.

I do thnk they can be hacked.  They have a wip value and a BTS value.  This is enough for a hacking to be resolved against them.

I would go for no on the hacking as it doesn't explicitly say they can be hacked. 

We played it that the reactive player gets to decide targets, for example when a link team activates providing multiple targets. 

In terms of camo, we played it that models in camo state don't generate AROs from the remotes as it made it simpler with the whole Discover or Delay thing. 

Loved this mission, although deployment was a pain, and would be great to see it in the next ITS pack, with the rules for the remotes cleaned up.