Corinthian

Micro Art Studio- New Infinity Terrain WIP

87 posts in this topic

They look nice and micro art has done a nice job but minis walking across that are as good as dead if enemies have LoS on the bridge!

Yep, posted about a week ago but under a misleading thread title.

Ah, I looked around for it and did not find it. I gave up.

Yes, it may be a challenge to work them into a game, given the LoF free-for-all that they pose. However, I think small sections attached to building structures, of one sort or another, may work. Give the sniper something to hide behind after popping off a few shots!

Ah, I looked around for it and did not find it. I gave up.

Yes, it may be a challenge to work them into a game, given the LoF free-for-all that they pose. However, I think small sections attached to building structures, of one sort or another, may work. Give the sniper something to hide behind after popping off a few shots!

They absolutely could! Thats a good idea! They do look great!

The bridge can give an intresting gameplay decision though, move fast around, get in good sniping/ firepower position, but at the cost of been exposed.

What I am hoping for is a modular kit. That way, you can leave the railing off of one edge and attach the walkway to a large structure or just use the walkway, without any railing, as flooring for a corridor, etc.

The bridge can give an intresting gameplay decision though, move fast around, get in good sniping/ firepower position, but at the cost of been exposed.

Agreed. I love having to run cost/benefit analyses in games. It makes it more interesting.

Crawl along it while prone. ;)

a small update found from here

not thrilled at all by the generator thing and the destroyed bases are ok, but too many Pano things littered around, will be intresting for Yu Jing at least having the cutter sliced around.

1836d1305628218-t00046_rterrain_concretegatewall_01_temp.jpg

1835d1305628183-f00021_generator_02.jpg

1834d1305628182-f00021_generator_01.jpg

1833d1305627976-h00001_hdfterrain_catwalk01_board01.jpg

1829d1305627954-h00001_hdfterrain_catwalk01_board02.jpg

1832d1305627969-h00001_hdfterrain_catwalk01_board03.jpg

1828d1305627949-h00001_hdfterrain_catwalk.jpg

1831d1305627963-h00001_hdfterrain_catwalk01_piece02.jpg

1827d1305627946-h00001_hdfterrain_catwalk01_piece03.jpg

1830d1305627959-h00001_hterrain_catwalk01_piece01.jpg

1824d1305627780-b03421_bbases_urbanwar_round25mm.jpg

1826d1305627786-b03422_bbases_urbanwar_round40mm.jpg

1825d1305627782-b03423_bbases_urbanwar_round60mm_temp.jpg

1822d1305627773-b03426_bbases_urbanwar_round120mm_temp.jpg

1823d1305627776-b03425_bbases_urbanwar_bike25x50mm.jpg

They did it with the original bases too, probably to sell to a wider audience.

Would love to see a Maghariba sized base instead of the big oval one.

like the terrain - hate the bases. I have a very strong aversion to big chunky terrain bases. no aesthetic.

i kinda like the bases. and not (only) because of all the dead panO. i prefer that kind of battlefield rubble rather

than the rubbish that was just laying around on the other bases.

Love the catwalk, like the wall (assuming that orange part is removable?) I'd like to see the generator with a different paint job.

i kinda like the bases. and not (only) because of all the dead panO. i prefer that kind of battlefield rubble rather

I didn't care for the rubbish either. thats why the Dragonforge bases win it for me

I didn't care for the rubbish either. thats why the Dragonforge bases win it for me

dragonforge does some rilly nice stuff, for sure. and secret weapons is

putting out some nice ones too.

To many weapons etc on those bases. The cutter bits are just overkill. Nice apart from that for rubble bases.

The generator needs a better paint job, looks too star wars like, and is a bit pointless as terrain. If you could climb up on it, might be more useful. Not very original either, looks like it was made with hirst arts blocks.

I like the hex gate/barrier thing. And the cat walks are cool, though I'd ad some spaced out pannels to the side for some cover, but that is what plastic card is for.

Would also have liked to see the buildings they are working on. More interested in those!

same here far more interested in the buildings, that been said, the discarded weapons might have some usage the Alephs spitfire would look good on the feet of Achilles or a Myrmidon (just thrown it and drew the xiphos), but that is quite limited application.

buil-dings....buil-dings....buil-dings... (chanting)

:-)

I agree about the generator. I can't see a good way to use it. I love the bridges because you can also easily add to them to make them enclosed if you want. But the bases i'm mixed on. On one hand I like the design but I don't like that they are in ruins. I's sick of ruined urban bases. Not all cities are bombed! Especially Infinity where the actions are covert. I also like and dislike the use of Infinity bits. One one hand it's cool just because it's Infinity! On the other hand I think they should have made them ore generic so they can sell to others.

I don't like that they are in ruins. I's sick of ruined urban bases. Not all cities are bombed! Especially Infinity where the actions are covert.

MAS' urban bases - with the same hexagonal pavements - are available for quite some time :) So the destroyed ones just complement them for those who want a demolished urban enviroment.

I do imagine these would look perfect with CA models, for example :_PickingOn__by_bad_blood:

I don't mind the ruined bases as long as they aren't on all of your (read: my) minis.

Autocannons, Missiles, Mines etc make a mess. Not just neat tidy little holes. That said, it is overkill when you go down the 'world apocalypse' road for Infinity. Leave that to GW. :lol:

A friend of mine got the original MAS bases and to be honest they're actually quite nice. I've also seen the MAS Infinity walls and again they're really nice. I love the walkways but fear they'd just be a killing field!!! The generator isn't great tbh and I'd give that a miss and as for the ruined / rubble bases I don't think they're too bad actually design wise.

I just ordered from my store the un-damaged MAS urban bases. I'm looking forward to them. For my CA I'm getting Secret Weapons Swamp bases.

I think for the walkway, it could be easily be converted to have walls and maybe an overhang using plasticard. So then It will count for cover at least on the walkway if not the stairs.

They are good, but double the height of the normal bases.