MATRAKA14

Should USARF keep a tag at the end of tagline?

46 posts in this topic

Point and SWC costs tend to be consistent within a faction, but can vary between factions. I would not see a cost tax on a full-fledged TAG in Ariadna as inappropriate.

However, personally, if I was wish-listing instead of that I would want something more like an archaic/low-tech TAG that was unhackable. Maybe a little slow, but good armor and a good BS, and I do like your double Molotok idea. Maybe something a little more hydraulic and gear based, older computer tech. Almost steam-punkish.

Let's say, something like a Manned AVA 1 TAG,  4-4 MOV, CC 13, BS 13, PH 15, WIP 12, ARM 6, BTS 3, STR 3, S7, with a Double Molotok and a Heavy Pistol? Just throwing something together there off the top of my head. The Lo-Tech A skill of a Blackjack specifically states that there could be other versions of Lo-Tech, so an unhackable TAG would fit in there as a Lo-Tech B perhaps. This would, in theory, not walk over the Blackjack's niche too much, serving different purposes in a list.

I'd personally like to see a TAG that resembles a tank or mgs3's Shagohod/mgs4 geckos

Stats could take like 1 key aspect from the 4 nations.

Let's say

Kazaks-  Lo-Tech [to give pseudo structure pts] + non hackable?

French- Some kind of imported tech edge, multivisor lvl 1?

Caledonia- Increased armor bump from tessium or a huge T2 CC weapon?

USAriadna- dual heavy flame throwers? AP HMG?

My basic idea for an Ariadnan TAG is something closer to the Magariba Guard. 4-6 legs, and a turret of some kind. More like a walking tank than a bipedal mech suit(think the spider tank from Ghost in the Shell).

I would have it be hackable, but have a special rule making it immune to Possession and Ejecting the pilot. So you can freeze it up, but you can't take the controls.

I could see a TAG version of the traktor mul. An S7 man-operated gun turret with low mov and bs but high arm and non hackable. Dual ap hmg.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

I'd prefer to keep the tag out of my USARF. As much as I like Scarface, I'm not sold on the idea that every army needs access to a TAG, keeping Ariadna out of that tech game is important to help keep them feeling unique... Plus it's hackable, who wants that?! :P

Well, it could be a Non-hackable TAG. That would be an interesting niche to occupy.

Given that they've been pushing TAG centered missions, Ariadna not having a TAG could end up being crippling.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of not even having to worry about the whole hacking game, that's part of why I love Ariadna. That's why my wishlisting suggestion would specifically involve taking some penalties or higher costs or something to get an unhackable TAG, if the game does go that route with the ITS Season 8 TAGline changes becoming more permanent.

Or, maybe, they are just going to make the Scarface AVA change permanent. Who knows?

tracktors are hackable, blackjacks are hackable, the ariadna tag will be hackable.

But here the thing is about being able to make more than 2 or 3 competent lists in limited insertion with ariadna sectorials.

25 minutes ago, MATRAKA14 said:

tracktors are hackable, blackjacks are hackable, the ariadna tag will be hackable.

But here the thing is about being able to make more than 2 or 3 competent lists in limited insertion with ariadna sectorials.

I'm pretty sure that Traktors didn't use to be hackable.

2 hours ago, Kanluwen said:

I'm pretty sure that Traktors didn't use to be hackable.

Muls have aways been hackable, but their guided missiles used to be non-hackable. Those were the good ol' days for Muls....

MULs might as well be non-hackable, same with the Blackjack, given that they tend to not put themselves close enough to the action to get hacked. Your opponent basically has to way over commit to getting a repeater into your deployment zone for him to get an opportunity to hack your blackjacks and MULs.

On 6/13/2017 at 2:35 AM, grey templar said:

MULs might as well be non-hackable, same with the Blackjack, given that they tend to not put themselves close enough to the action to get hacked. Your opponent basically has to way over commit to getting a repeater into your deployment zone for him to get an opportunity to hack your blackjacks and MULs.

Or AD hackers, but in that case it's usually just easier to gun down the mules. The Blackjack, not so much.

i would love to see ariadnan forces either get the anaconda or scarface. this ITS season has shown it wont break the game and it will give me an excuse to paint up a tag!

I wouldn't mind a tag also, but most of my opponents always say to me that Ariadnas' access to our various doggies are virtually Tags themselves, albeit not a tough, but faster and according to some of my friends a lot more dangerous.

On 6/25/2017 at 1:36 PM, deltakilo said:

i would love to see ariadnan forces either get the anaconda or scarface. this ITS season has shown it wont break the game and it will give me an excuse to paint up a tag!

The Anaconda desperately needs a new set of arms.

On 6/26/2017 at 4:23 AM, JohnnyH5 said:

I wouldn't mind a tag also, but most of my opponents always say to me that Ariadnas' access to our various doggies are virtually Tags themselves, albeit not a tough, but faster and according to some of my friends a lot more dangerous.

Do you respond to your opponents, "Yeah, the werewolves are really great at shooting, aren't they?"

The rolls are so different it's silly.

"I wish SP had TO skirmishers."- "But they have Myrmidons!"

Yeah at best the werewolves are more like bigger, impetuous, heavy infantry, but as noted, their lack of high BS shooting capability means that even that is a bit of a misleading comparison.  

On 27/06/2017 at 10:17 PM, Kanluwen said:

The Anaconda desperately needs a new set of arms.

i actually like the anaconda, to each his own i guess! its scarface i cant stand

On 13/06/2017 at 10:55 AM, Pride of Rodina said:

Muls have aways been hackable, but their guided missiles used to be non-hackable. Those were the good ol' days for Muls....

PoR has it right.  The rem platform part WAS hackable in N2, only the guided shots from the missile weapon weren't hackable.  It was even specifically covered in an N2 FAQ..

I don't know the more i think about it the more sense it makes to me, ariadna has so many s2 miniatures and needs more variety to spice things up visually.

A couple of new remotes or a g:servant, a tag, a micro vehicle could make so much sense.