Wyrmnax

Favorite weapons?

28 posts in this topic

What are your favorite weapons? Why do you like them?

Non SWC, mine is the MULTI Rifle. Decent burst, decent short ranged ability and my main oponent being Haqqslam with their prevalence for doctors means I can actually make sure important things stay dead with Shock.

SWC wise... hum... gets a bit harder. HMG is great, yeah, but sometimes that 16+ optimal range gets really restricted. I really really like the Red Fury - shock is again very useful, and it is a cheaper SWC spitfire. Snipers would be great if I had access to them, but since I can only bring MULTI, I find that their SWC cost is very hard to justify.

Opinions?

Flash Pulse! Great range band, technical weapon, really annoying effects.

Viral anything. Bloody unfair ammo type.

MULTI, period, be it SWC or not.

Dual Plasma Snipers. Sweet load-out on an even sweeter miniature.

Honorable mention goes to Monofilament mines. They usually result in my opponent going, "Wait what?"

Spitfire over the HMG for sure. Much prefer the range band on it. Prefer MSRs too as they hit hard in reaction and can outrange other heavy weaponry. 

MULTI rifles and SMGs for CQB flexibility and hitting power. Love the MULTI rifle in particular, great gun. 

I'm just happy to see so much variability in the answers.  I think that they did a good job rebalancing weapon costs and range bands in 3rd edition; it was really boring in 2nd where the HMG was almost always the best long range weapon and MULTI Rifles were seen as a tax that weighed down otherwise interesting models.

So many to choose from!

Plasma Sniper.
Red Fury.
MULTI-Rifle.
HRMC.

For non-SWC I loooove boarding shotguns. They're a high-risk, high-reward weapon and I like that it takes a lot of skill to get the most out of them. I'm not a great player, but when I manage to effectively manoeuvre a shotgun around the board and then blast apart whole chunks of the enemy army I feel like a champ!

For SWC weapons I really like Heavy Rocket Launchers. Solid range bands, and the fire ammunition type is great, as is having a template option. They tend to go on strong and versatile platforms with other weapon options as well. I also just love the HRL visual design, and the Al Fasid, Raiden, and Phoenix profiles with them all look fantastic and play even better!

Feuerbach. I loved it pre-update and they made it better. 

Light flamethrower. It auto hits, it destroys Camo / TO Camo / ODD, it lets you hunt Marker state troops and last but not least:

Firebat_SC2_Cncpt1.jpg

Firebat_SC2_Rend1.jpg

Marksman Rifle. It's dirt cheap for what amazing things it does, and should be more common...

Adhesive launcher. Because, glue. And when it connects It's hell on your opponents plans... else, the humble combi. There's always a crit in'm...

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

When laying down the law, HMC.

That said it's little brother the multirifles is so useful.  The Crane' s xvisor+sensor really make the multirifle sing. More multirifles should come with xvisors.

Honorable mention goes to the humble light shotgun. It makes the Bandit affordable, the Chaksa Peripheral mean, and is the perfect backup to a HRL or ML. 

Sepsitor... B)

glue gun on a Bandit is by far the most fun weapon / loadout combo.

Chain rifle for it's capability as a weapon/utility and cheap price (read: Undercosted weapon)

Autocannon, that weapon is so awesome, it actually got me into Infinity because of that autocannon tankhunter.

Red Fury. Sometimes it costs SWC, sometimes it doesn't. What?

Mk12. The idea that someone said "this rifle is too weak, make it shoot bigger bullets" is just terribly amusing. That it is a great weapon also helps.

Yeah the mk12 seems like an awesome weapon, wish it was on the Asura :side:

FEUERBACH! :D

Also, Plasma and Viral stuff. That's just awesome.

Multi+LGL on the Wu Ming.  0SWC, Shock, AP, DA, and a template?!?  Plus it's BS13 and can come in a link team?!?!!!

HRMC on the Yan Huo.  B5 is great for winning firefights.

MonoCCW, because nothing is funnier than slicing a TAG in half.  Except maybe EMCCWs turning Jerkilles and Ajax into statues.

1 hour ago, Section 9 said:

MonoCCW, because nothing is funnier than slicing a TAG in half

What about a Vorpal weapon? Slicing a TAG in half from 8" is fun too.

I'm playing MRRF I also cannot roll dice (as @Gamma Ray can attest to!)

So:

hqdefault.jpg