Manfred_VR

It's time to play Yu Jing

27 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Chado said:

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.

No problem, I practically live on this forum, anyway.

12 hours ago, Chado said:

I have seen this a lot on Yu jing list, but is it ok to just start with 8 Orders? Daofei, Zuyong, Ninja seem very order hungry.

8 orders is the minimum I recommend for starting your first turn, that's for sure.  But it's not that steep a learning curve to work it.

Daofei can be surprisingly order-efficient, since he can start virtually on top of an objective.  I don't think I've spent more than 3 orders on a Daofei in any one turn, to tell you the truth.  Maybe 4 orders total if I re-camo.  Move-Shoot door, Move-move, move-Loot Panoply, Re-camo.

A Ninja KHD isn't as order-hungry as other Ninjas, since it's just there to kill another hacker.  Note that I will reveal a Ninja KHD in ARO to attack a hacker going after my Daofei.  And then it's a 29pt model with limited shooting abilities (man, I'd about kill to get a Ninja KHD with a combirifle!).  Something of an expensive ablative wound, really.  I tend to spend a lot more orders on Ninja AHDs.

But I usually only spend 2-3 orders on any one model in general.  I've only done monster, 6+ order Rambo runs a couple times, and every time I've done one I've lost the model at the end.  Even a TAG.

The Tiger is really the order-hog.  One order to drop in and then you're basically spending orders until there's nothing left for the Tiger to kill.  If you remember to drop the Tiger in at all, that is...:rain-cloud:

13 hours ago, Chado said:

Also an other thing: Daofei vs Hac Tao, is there a "best" ?

They really fill different roles for me.  The Daofei infiltrates, which makes him very powerful in the midfield, even with 'just' a multirifle.  Give him a spitfire and he's pretty much Death Incarnate.  The only downside is that as an HI, he is vulnerable to Assault hackers, and the AHD is very vulnerable to KHDs.

The Hac Tao with heavy weapons is competing with the Yan Huo, in my book.  Hidden Deployment Missile Launcher is one hell of a rude surprise.

Honestly, I would say one would have a much easier time to fit in a Dào Fei in any particular list (regardless of pt level) compared to a Hac Tao, who is expensive enough to influence list building. 

Also, if one feeing particularly 'lucky', the Dào Fei has (iirc) slightly better then evens odds to succeed in infiltration beyond the midline, so if you are playing a killing scenario, that can be worth considering.

Honestly, I would say one would have a much easier time to fit in a Dào Fei in any particular list (regardless of pt level) compared to a Hac Tao, who is expensive enough to influence list building. 

Also, if one feeing particularly 'lucky', the Dào Fei has (iirc) slightly better then evens odds to succeed in infiltration beyond the midline, so if you are playing a killing scenario, that can be worth considering.