Daboarder

Spec Fire Spame

Question

Discussion in my gamong group.

We have 3 wulvers behind a building. A link team of MI on the other side. I declare Specualtive Fire as a coordinated order with the 3 wulvers.

Coordinated order has to have the same target, so the model in the middle is the target of the specualtive fire attacks. But spec fire lets me place the templates where I like to hit additional models.

So long as all 3 templates are hitting the same target, which is the model in the middle I may spread them out to hit others differently?

H7NIUyy.png

guWxFWt.png

@IJW Wartrader if you could weigh in it would be much appreciated 

29 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, Robock said:

Using Long Skill Speculative, you must make place it off-center of that single chosen target point.

Thanks for the answer. Can you clarify this^ a bit more please?

12 minutes ago, Jujoji said:

Thanks for the answer. Can you clarify this^ a bit more please?

The point of speculative is to place the template off-center. That is the reason you take a -6 penalty even if you see exactly where you are shooting your template.

By the rule (or it was a FAQ), Speculative cancels ODD/Cover/Camo but only if you place it off-center. exact text : 

Speculative Fire with Template weapons can avoid MODs by Partial Cover, the CH Special Skill, ODD... by placing the Template so it is not centered on the target.

If you have to spec fire and keep target centered then you are not really doing what speculative fire is.

this Skill allows him to place the center of the Circular Template somewhere other than over the target of the attack.

that rule effect is not limited to non targetless weapon. Targetless weapon can also use the effect of being off-centered.

Going by the FAQ for targetless you must chose a single target when coordinating. Well, the rule for Coordinated is already "a single target" the FAQ clarifies that since Targetless uses target points, then the coordinated smoke attack must be on a single target point. Since spec fire is off-center a target (and ignoring need for LoF), used in coordination it would mean off-center of a single target point.

2 hours ago, Jujoji said:

Fantastic explanation.

Yeah except the fact you have to go through a major headache or counter intuitive rules that negates each others to get the solution of a rather straightforward issue.

Anyway, wording is a b***h