Hexer

Little conversion question, base sizes

5 posts in this topic

Can anyone who owns those models tell me a bit about how easy/hard it would be to convert an Anathematics (S6) or Xeodron (also S6) to a smaller base size?

a 25mm base would be ideal but I guess that would be stretching it and would probably only make the posing look awkward.

If anyone's wondering why on earth I'd do such a thing: I'm thinking about using one of those in a roleplaying game thats geared towards 25mm grid maps.

Both of them have a pretty wide stance that takes them right up to the edge of their base. You could narrow the stance and they might fit. I can take some pictures tomorrow if it helps. 

Failing that, I'd make one on a 25mm base with front foot, and then give the rear foot a 20mm base (separate) as support. And paint it to pretend "it isn't there". Use the 25mm base for orientation on the map / gameboard, fit the rear wherever you have, and rule out it doesn't take space there.

Of course, miniature's stability after that remains a question. 

You'll meet balancing issues because both of the models have relatively high mass center. Their bodies are bulky and legs are thin. That's why they have rather wide legs stance.

Not my business, but maybe it would be easier to introduce some kind of homerule about large and huge beings taking 2 and 4 spaces accordingly?

Also why not to use Charontid with HMG? It is descent looking miniature and a little bit smaller than Anathematics. And its original design was made for 25 mm base despite now it is provided with 40 mm one (due to introduction it Silhouette mechanic in N3).

Thank you! :)

Charontid may be an option as well but I'm kinda in love with those bigger models ;) Maybe a houserule will be used but we'll see. Maybe I dont ever get to use it on the tabletop and it will only be a fun conversion/display piece anyways.