Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Looper

Szalamandra, where are you?

16 posts in this topic

Hi! Anyone knows if Szalamndra is going to be resculpted? Nothing wrong with this one, I like the pose very much but it's just too "curvy" for my taste (it will be my first and only tag)

Yes, it will be resculpted.  No, no one knows when.

She's The Cutest Around ! 

She doesn't need a Resculpt, Real Tags have Curves ! 

Maybe I could add a tail... :huh:

7 hours ago, The Looper said:

Maybe if we cut it another Szalamandra would grow out of it?

12 hours ago, The Looper said:

Yes.

szally_esq.jpg

I think someone else extended the legs instead, so it went from running while kneeling to full height. This one has a small change in the legs, that is sure, and already looks better.

wow very dynamic pose...

I have in mind a different pattern for the army, but painting it like this is too tempting

I was also thinking to use Valerya Gromoz as the pilot and putting it on a shoulder

2-La-salamandre-terrestre-Salamandra-salamandra.JPG

Well, has arrived and the curves are really satisfying! Seeing it for real I really like it! The only doubt is to decide to pin or not to pin, this is the problem. The arms are very heavy, I didn' expect it (it's my first tag) but the surfaces are large and fit together well so it shouldn't be a problem with the glue...any advices?

On 23/6/2017 at 9:48 PM, Mob of Blondes said:

Yes.

szally_esq.jpg

I think someone else extended the legs instead, so it went from running while kneeling to full height. This one has a small change in the legs, that is sure, and already looks better.

Szally.JPG I am really happy of how it turned out too, and that I have seen several other copycat Szally's running around! She is still a good TAG.

BTW, FYI:

That reposing required:

- Cutting both legs at the ankles and swapping them. With only one (cut) ankle on the ground, pin that thing REALLY good. I am talking about two thick pins if possible.

- Both arms were repositioned. This means that neither fit as designed. Two pins were also used, each of them is more massive and heavy that a single 28mm mini.

- Right arm had to be modified, so cut at the elbow, then repositioned joining both halves with a sturdy pin, then re-sculpted. Luckily it was mostly the "muscle" area that was easily textured to hide the putty work.

I would say the only easy part was the tail. A little bit of filing on the body and a pin and it was flush.

9 hours ago, The Looper said:

Well, has arrived and the curves are really satisfying! Seeing it for real I really like it! The only doubt is to decide to pin or not to pin, this is the problem. The arms are very heavy, I didn' expect it (it's my first tag) but the surfaces are large and fit together well so it shouldn't be a problem with the glue...any advices?

Yes, always pin.

Despite best intentions, figures will always take some abuse. 

You never want to say "I wished I'd pinned that" after it breaks. 

Yarr

FB_IMG_1499205670003.jpg

FB_IMG_1499205663759.jpg

given the new look of the kriza borak, i think that even if resculpted, CB choose to mantain the whole curved look of the szalamander. (thank god)

6 hours ago, Darkvortex87 said:

given the new look of the kriza borak, i think that even if resculpted, CB choose to mantain the whole curved look of the szalamander. (thank god)

The Guijia kept dem thighs and hips with its resculpt so chances are good. 

Bostria mentioned the idea of Sally resculpt in today's BOW design video so may not be a world away...

18 hours ago, Hachiman Taro said:

Bostria mentioned the idea of Sally resculpt in today's BOW design video so may not be a world away...

I believe he said something about the design direction sharing influences with how the Kriza Boracs look now.