Solar

A most August Release Schedule

1,183 posts in this topic

August is GenCon month so who knows what we will see. Speculate here nerds!

My personal prediction is that Aristeia will be the special release and it will be alongside some regular releases. But what those will be I dunno! Of course we will also see Bostria's GenCon seminar so maybe loads of new stuff shown there

Updated with snipershot..

19598454_10155000815043842_5786460605513

Updated with next sniper shot...

19884500_10155024499003842_2375371651615

Updated with teaser image. Get hype!

19800992_10155024924553842_3865837473259

Updated with juicy GenCon deets (UNCONFIRMED SO COOL YOUR SHIT GUYS)...

ttp://www.goldendist.com/index.php?m=detail&p=127653

http://www.goldendist.com/index.php?m=detail&p=127654

For a bit more context, this is the source of it.

Beyond Icestorm Expansion Pack contents: 

PanOceania: 

1x Kamau, Amphibious Intervention Teams (HMG) 
1x Swiss Guard (HMG) 
1x NeoTerra Bolts (Paramedic) 

Nomads: 

1x Hellcats (Spitfire) 
1x Intruder, Corregidor Assault Commandos (MULTI Sniper Rifle) 
1x Kriza Boracs, Tunguska Crisis Special Unit (MK12) 

1x Authorized Bounty Hunter (2 Breaker Pistols) RESERVATION EXCLUSIVE 

Beyond Red Veil Expansion Pack contents: 

Yu Jing: 

1x Daofei (HMG) 
1x Zhanying Imperial Agent (Breaker Combi Rifle) 
1x Guilang Skirmisher (MULTI Sniper Rifle) 

Haqqislam: 

1x Tarik Mansuri (Spitfire) 
1x Hassassin Fiday (DA CCW) 
1x Hassassin Ragik (Boarding Shotgun) 

1x CSU (Breaker Rifle) RESERVATION EXCLUSIVE 

Finally hospitallers and GE Joan ?

My guess for gencon is that it'll be a new faction/sectoral pack (last release was a 2-player starter)

If it's a new faction, then O-12 (or mercs... but less likely)

If it's a sectoral then NOT PanO/Combined/Ariadna (have 3), NOT Haqq/Yu Jing (Released last year), 

Which leaves Tohaa, Nomads, Aleph.

It's unlikely to be tohaa, because (at least from my perspective) they are a minority faction - not bought as much by others so less WOW factor for having a special release.

So Tunguska or OSS are my bets (Slightly leaning towards Tunguska now that ASS got a 300 point box recently)

Didn't they mention in a recent promo clip that Aristeia! will be released end of June (28th or something like that?)?

I'd be really happy about Andromeda, since I've been using her fairly often these past few months. A Locust would be great as well. Or a Thorakitai box... okay CB, I'll make you a deal, just give us the Feuerbach Thorakites blister and we'll wait a little longer for the full box. We good?

I wouldn't mind Tunguska at all for a GenCon release, tho ALEPH would make me much happier, that's a given.

June 28th will be just introduction to the Aristeia characters available in the game. At GenCon they said they will just demo some Aristeia games and the full release is planned more towards the end of the year. So its most likely that CB GenCon special will be all about Infinity. 

Thorakitai box? CB plz? 

For Aristeia, has there been any word as to whether or not there are miniatures with it? I know that for myself and some others I've spoken to, Infinity compatible miniatures will be pretty much the only deciding factor in buying it. 

Regarding GenCon I think @TDC has called it right, sectorial army box for the next book. I think Mercs or O12 are a good shout, I'd be surprised by OSS (pleasantly so!). I guess there'll also be some GenCon character exclusives - I'd like to guess Kusanagi (Bakunin getting resculpts - old model is dated but still one of my favourites). 

Edit: Just saw @the huanglongs post in the Aristeia thread which suggests there are models related to the game. Given the timing I think there's a possibility of an Aristeia themed box / blister (for Infinity) as a GenCon limited edition release? Alternatively the game comes with models, and the sniper shot in question is just the models being prepared to show at GenCon. 

Special super deluxe GenCon Exclusive Sakiel with Light Rocket Launcher designed specifically to force me to go to GenCon.

Sakiel Box

Ectros with Vulcan Shotgun

Gao Rael with Adhesive Launcher

AD:3 Gecko with little angel wings?

Snipershot:

19424356_10154974553888842_9546655346363

Looks like an Umbra Legate's hand to me...

As for August, I imagine that we'll have an Infinity week at BoW sometime soon to show us GC stuff...aaaaaand, Hospitallers please?

13 minutes ago, YoJamesBo said:

Snipershot:

Nexus Operative? 

5 minutes ago, Snozz said:

Nexus Operative? 

Nexus has Samaritans gauntlets. So I think it is unlikely (unless CB changed concept art of course). See:

xhJc5oi.jpg

12 minutes ago, YoJamesBo said:

Snipershot:

I hope it is model that use Legate's gautlets and that it is not 3rd Legate, because we don't need another one.

1 minute ago, Melkhior said:

I hope it is model that use Legate's gautlets and that it is not 3rd Legate, because we don't need another one.

Could be a spitfire Legate? Would much rather it was the Nexus though, I don't think I've ever made an Onyx list without at least one. 

2 hours ago, Snozz said:

Could be a spitfire Legate? Would much rather it was the Nexus though, I don't think I've ever made an Onyx list without at least one. 

I don't think the one in the starter has a designated profile, so it could be either the Spitfire or the Hacker K1 (see below).

Honestly, they could release ten more Umbras and I'd buy them all--I think they're some of the coolest sculpts in the Infinity range.

3 minutes ago, Snozz said:

Could be a spitfire Legate? 

It is possible, but as I said I don't think we need special model for spitfire Legate, when we have universal model from starter. I slightly hope that it is new Umbra unit from the next book, but who knows.

5 minutes ago, Snozz said:

Would much rather it was the Nexus though, I don't think I've ever made an Onyx list without at least one. 

Well, we already knew that Nexus will be released at the end of the year (Bostria said that Nexus is planed for one of the last months of th year.

Just now, YoJamesBo said:

the Hacker.

Hacker already has a model. This one:

Umbra.jpg

3 minutes ago, YoJamesBo said:

Honestly, they could release ten more Umbras and I'd buy them all--I think they're some of the coolest sculpts in the Infinity range.

Agreed on that. AVA 3 in OCF, so I guess a third one would be alright B) 

8 minutes ago, Melkhior said:

Hacker already has a model. This one:

Derp!  I stand corrected!  

Clearly my brain is not firing on all cylinders this fine morning...:X

Maybe it's an Umbra with KHD????

I'm going to go get excited about that possibility now.  I'll deal with being disappointed later when this turns out to be an Umbra merc for ISS...

Well, this month maybe it's time for Nexus & Shikami?

shrekcat1.jpg

Gauntlet is the same of umbra legate.

I hope for a new unit with dcharges ;)

We received the caledonian starter box a month ago, so it seems likely we will receive the volunteer box this mont or maybe next month

Also, regarding a new 2 player box, maybe Aleph (vedic) vs Combined Army. Alpeh starter need a redo and Combined Army is its "logical" ennemy

20 minutes ago, arkhos94 said:

We received the caledonian starter box a month ago, so it seems likely we will receive the volunteer box this mont or maybe next month

Also, regarding a new 2 player box, maybe Aleph (vedic) vs Combined Army. Alpeh starter need a redo and Combined Army is its "logical" ennemy

Neither Aleph, nor Tohaa will be in a 2 player box - this was stated by CB last summer and is because they are not in the core rulebook.

Ariadna (Russians) vs Combined(Shas) would be the next box.

5 hours ago, Manfred_VR said:

Well, this month maybe it's time for Nexus & Shikami?

shrekcat1.jpg

I think out of all profiles shown on previous seminars, only those two (?) still don't have the models, so it's a high time we got them.

Okey impossible request:

Swiss Gaurd Hacker!

9 minutes ago, Eciu said:

Okey impossible request:

Swiss Gaurd Hacker!

Pfft, did you really put any effort into that at all?

I call you on your sectorial that gets any attention at all and raise you Shasnasty.

Sheskin Red Fury, just to make it interesting.