Solar

A most August Release Schedule

1,775 posts in this topic

Yu Jing's HI

BS 12 Domaru and Shikami

BS 13 Daofei, Haramaki, Crane, Karakuri, Shang Ji, Wu Ming, Zuyong

BS 14 Hsien, Hac Tao, Su Jian, Yan Huo

That is a lot of HI

I know it's still banging on about crit rules and such... but my friend suggested this to me this morning and I thought it was pretty smart:

What if crits only bypass ARM rolls if they are the highest number rolled?

Example 1:

Hexas Sniper blows away an alguacile in the open by critting on a 15. No ARM save.

Example 2:

Alguacile combi rifle shooting a Cutter in partial cover, -6s, crits on a 5. Cutter hit alguacile with a 9. Alguacile wins the FTF but cutter gets to make an ARM save.

This stops crits totally devaluing ARM values, and devalues low level crits. A line troper critting a highly skilled TO sniper on a 2 doesn't carry the same weight as a highly trained Nisse blowing away some spod on a 16.

40 minutes ago, Superfluid said:

I know it's still banging on about crit rules and such... but my friend suggested this to me this morning and I thought it was pretty smart:

What if crits only bypass ARM rolls if they are the highest number rolled?

Example 1:

Hexas Sniper blows away an alguacile in the open by critting on a 15. No ARM save.

Example 2:

Alguacile combi rifle shooting a Cutter in partial cover, -6s, crits on a 5. Cutter hit alguacile with a 9. Alguacile wins the FTF but cutter gets to make an ARM save.

This stops crits totally devaluing ARM values, and devalues low level crits. A line troper critting a highly skilled TO sniper on a 2 doesn't carry the same weight as a highly trained Nisse blowing away some spod on a 16.

Would say that's a bit too complicated.

Shorter and easier (mechanicly) would be to make Crit "just" win f2f but that a HUGE change to a game.... (with many implications)

30 minutes ago, Eciu said:

Shorter and easier (mechanicly) would be to make Crit "just" win f2f but that a HUGE change to a game.... (with many implications)

For one, it would make ARM much more valuable, which might be a good thing - but would also make, say, Jotum in cover, a real pain to deal with.

That's without even considering the fact that we won't see any changes to crit mechanic before N4, if at all.

I'd change crit effects to be:

• if enemy has higher success, you still win with crit. Roll saves normally.
  • if enemy did not have a higher success, crit makes enemy fail save automatically

5 minutes ago, Stiopa said:

For one, it would make ARM much more valuable, which might be a good thing - but would also make, say, Jotum in cover, a real pain to deal with.

That's without even considering the fact that we won't see any changes to crit mechanic before N4, if at all.

Yes that sure.

Another problem would be that standard 1W rambos (Uxia, AD, van Zant) could receive a noticable buff to their actions as crit would not automaticly put them out of the killing spree. 

49 minutes ago, Eciu said:

Maybe.

I think what makes it feel complicated is that it's an exception to an exception.

BS attack crits have extra rules over dodge crits, so to add an exception to those extra rules seems maybe a little much.

I dunno, this game is really complicated anyway. Might as well put the complexity where it makes sense, on the core rules, rather than in all the really fluffy skills where it currently resides.

1 hour ago, Eciu said:

but that a HUGE change to a game.... (with many implications)

It's not like they test the game with crits anyway XD

hat options

Why are we still in this old rundown place? Where is the September speculation thread?

1 hour ago, Superfluid said:
2 hours ago, Eciu said:
49 minutes ago, Eciu said: Would say that's a bit too complicated.

Maybe.

I think what makes it feel complicated is that it's an exception to an exception.

BS attack crits have extra rules over dodge crits, so to add an exception to those extra rules seems maybe a little much.

I dunno, this game is really complicated anyway. Might as well put the complexity where it makes sense, on the core rules, rather than in all the really fluffy skills where it currently resides.

I always liked the idea of crits being DAM+6.

DAM+6 is still an auto-wound against light targets, in many cases, but gives TAGs a fighting chance.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

On 19 lipiec 2017 at 4:35 PM, LaughinGod said:

Kriza Boracs ( stupid google translate name ) logo should say Specijalna KRIZNA jedinica, what current logo says makes no sense. At least change that before you start printing the new book, I know it's too late now to change unit name.

You may wanna look at the logo in the army builder ;)

The 360 visor LT in the army builder is 1pt more expensive than the non LT version...

41 minutes ago, chaos11 said:

The 360 visor LT in the army builder is 1pt more expensive than the non LT version...

How peculiar

3 hours ago, Nemo No Name said:

I'd change crit effects to be:

• if enemy has higher success, you still win with crit. Roll saves normally.
  • if enemy did not have a higher success, crit makes enemy fail save automatically

Precisely what I said but explained more concisely! Bravo! I actually really like this idea.

The damage +6 is a slick idea too.

Thankfully they got the right idea and made an alternative head for the Shikami. It's a gorgeous model now :)

I wish they'd assembled the model with the hat head instead of photoshopping it into one picture.

15 minutes ago, BLOODGOD said:

I wish they'd assembled the model with the hat head instead of photoshopping it into one picture.

Haters will say it's photoshop.

Spoiler

Maybe it's Maybelline

I like both with and without hat.  Gorgeous model!  Yu Jing continues to creep towards being my new #1 most aesthetically pleasing faction.

16 hours ago, Melkhior said:

Angel have photos of the model with the hat on his facebook.

20663625_1537067466354155_17408439380387

20620972_1537067676354134_11025938133352

My apologies to CB, then! Thanks for the pictures.

While the hat is cool in the concept art, I see why it became an option in the end. To me, the mini looks better without it, as it obscures the head and face entirely. 

On the other hand, that's a damn fine hat sir. 

damn fine

I really like both heads...but really want his hat to be a monofilament weapon like the vorpal cc weapon 

like this gallery-1461956692-jerry-captain-america