FatChance

New Painting Support Group (NPSG): July edition

43 posts in this topic

Hi evrybody!

FatChance here :)
Well, May is no more and I've been quite busy, but I didn't forgot about our group here, so welcome to the July Painting Support Group!

I have great news for you this month!
Bandua Wargames will be sponsoring this group, with THREE 10€ vouchers to spend on their web-store on a purchase of at least 50€, starting from this June winners!

bandua.jpg

So, without further ado, the lucky winners from june group are...

* drumroll *

-Grimalkin

-Smiler

-Icarium

Get in touch with me to get your voucher, guys!

And now, for the actual painting challenge!
You know the drill:

• Post a picture of an unpainted/primed model you pledge to paint.
  • Paint it and post your proof. PICS or it DID NOT happen. ;)
  • Rinse and repeat as much as you like.
  • For each model you enter at Silhouette size S1 or S2, you get one ticket into the raffle. An S3 or S4 model is worth two tickets. S5 and up is worth three tickets.
  • At the beginning of the next month, a winner is drawn from the raffle.

As for the sponsor I'll let you know as soon as I can, but in the meantime LET’S GET PAINTING!

New pledge. I'll have to get some more primer but if I do I think I can reasonably get through most of this.

02kTDbY.jpg

4 Kuang Shi (trying to get into ISS if the Sophotect proxy from the last month wasn't a big enough clue)

1 Celestial Guard Spitfire (ordered the hacker but got this bloke instead, not particularly wanting him but I have to make do in order to field Kuang Shi)

1 O-Yoroi pilot

1 Maghariba Guard pilot (don't have the TAG yet so I imagine I'd be using her as an Odalisque in the meantime)

1 Odalisque Rifle+LSG (gotta have that Haris option)

1 Hasssassin Ayyar (model I'm most excited to paint)

4 Naffatun (the girls are among my favorite models in the entire range, also excited to paint)

Total: 13 models. Only one of which is primed and can reasonably be painted this week. 

My pledge is the three Nomad figures that will give me a fully painted 300 point force, which will be a huge achievement for me. I will first have to finish the three PanO figures there in the back, which don't count for July since I started them in June, but I am including them so I can see how much I managed to get done this month including my work finishing them. 

IMG_3227.JPG

Yay! Awesome to be pulled in the raffle.  With last months pledge I effectively painted almost all the NeoTerra units that I have, with the exception of 2 Mulebots.  So this month my goal is to finish those and then the remaining Vanilla PanO models I have.  I will probably go through them slower than I have previously, but hopefully I can at least get through a chunk of them and move on from PanO painting.

IMG_7024.JPG

So, I skipped a month or two, but now I am back with huge pledge. Marauder box, Druze Box, Djanbazan Box, Magister knights box, Hexa spitfire, Santiago combi. Going to be a fun month...

Pledgerino.jpg

Awesome! Thanks for organising @FatChance. It appears the gaming gods heard my plea's for better terrain. 

For this month I will mostly be working on my Raicho. I struggle with large models so could take a while. If I get it finished I will also pledge an Auxbot and Dakaris.

a573IoR.jpg

Just as I was planning to get some real terrain! Thanks Fatchance!

Im going to pledge to finally finish off the Haqq REMs I started in May(!). Other projects are distracting me from painting Infinity atm so we'll see where I get with them before pledging more.

OK, I missed June, so this month:

1 Hexa

4 Haqq remotes

1 Maghariba Guard

that pile of foam core and pink foam with be a Haqq-themed 8"x8" objective room for Armory, etc, mounted atop a rocky mesa. This is a fairly quick job, because I don't have an objective room.

2017-07-02 11.31.35.jpg

After a month without time and motivation and another month with Grey Knights, it's time for some more of my Infinity stuff.

This month i try to paint 50% of my remaining minis:

julipledge55uo9.jpg

2 TOFOOS' and Konstatinos. :)

This will be my pledge for now. There will probably more, we´ll see.

Lunokhod with 2x Crazies

4x Jaguars

Hellcat and 2 Intruders

BqLSUse.jpg

t0HoD96.jpg

EkPzOLt.jpg

Hi again folks. Some really big pledges going on in here! Ill be just putting up this guy for now. Going to make an HVT out of him.

10n8isg.jpg

Gratz to last months winners, good work folks ^^

I had to skip the painting last month, because of work. But I managed to get most of my assembled models primed, so I now have 30 models ready for brushlove. Which means I have to get in gear, or I will still be strungling with this bunch far into next year ><

Still have a busy month, so I'll will start out by trying to finish my last two Ghazis, once more.

GhaziJuly.jpg

Making progress. Finished the three figures from last month (so these three do not count for this month's contest) plus got the bases ready for the actual three I'm painting this month. 

IMG_1270.JPG

Making some good time, helps I had a few days off of work. Here is are my finished Fusiliers SWC and a Bagh Mari. They still need dullcoat applied but its too hot, so they join the list of many waiting for the same treatment. As always any tips are welcomed. As soon as I get my next ones ready Ill post my next pledge. Pretty sure its going to be the Grunt SWC box but I dont know yet.

IMG_5532.JPG

IMG_5533.JPG

Next pledge will be the Grunt SWC box and a Scout. 

IMG_5539.JPG

Completed Hexa. My goals for this month are overly ambitious; I'll finish there terrain piece and probably two of four remotes.zI f

I found Hexa difficult to paint; I tried to paint the hex lines first, but didn't really like the result. Next, I tried basic dark gray followed by gloss coat, with a wash consistence white flowing into the hexes. This worked better, best I was going to accomplish.

Pano Hexa.jpg