FatChance

New Painting Support Group (NPSG): July edition

72 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2017 at 4:53 PM, smiler said: First Infinity model for a few weeks, dual wielding Uxia.

Looks good but the blue on the hood (and gloves?) could use a starker highlight IMO. 

You're right. Tbh looking at it again I'm not happy with the blue at all, think I'll go back and change it. Maybe go for grey instead, I think it'll fit better tonally.

a6cb35c7f36d121d9172f4ebe1269ff5.jpg

Started working on this guy yesterday, hopefully I can finish him tonight.

Painted old Maggy. 

ctnV97h.jpg

p3j0Clr.jpg

cgH1NAl.jpg

Went for quite the cyberpunk look. I think I like how it turned out. 

Now just the Ayyar is missing, I'm not sure if I can get him in time for the end of the month as I held back on priming him due to inclement weather and some business at a tournament. But hey, 12/13 is not bad. 

@smiler She looks better now, I agree. Also your biker's great. 

@Vastran Glad I could help. 

I love the black and white Corregidor scheme. That looks really good. Great job. 

2 hours ago, MikeS said:

These models were a bit of color testing for my entire faction, at least for hard armor/surfaces.

Job well done Mike. I think your Haqq force will be lookign great when you are finished painting them.

Finished my Line Kazak and Minuteman

23f16dee3e1afdbc102fe1ed54705f0c.jpg

IMG_20170729_092710_01.thumb.jpg.edd7154

3fc7c4a5f5ddf46a32992fc208d10187.jpg

d2a464ab6b920f48b86538902e3f0a4d.jpg

Nothing too exciting, just tabletop standard. The Minuteman is a little plain but I'm not sure how to break up the armour plates without complicating the colour scheme.

I may go back and do the eyes on the line Kazak at some point but she's good enough for the table as is atm.

Also finished the Kameels I started in May (!)

IMG_20170512_180457_01.jpg8970a206b55336077c0f27194f676c87.jpgc977deac26a4b753ca240507b3c7edf1.jpgIMG_20170729_160001_01.jpgIMG_20170729_160012_01.jpgd04f6cd1582964a8bc099f1a899b4543.jpgIMG_20170729_160025_01.jpg

I've got some more models to assemble and base but that's probably all I'll be doing this month.

Edit: I've got some more spare time today so I'm going to paint my converted Maverick LRL. On a roll!

8a9e9a5f1063d45928db8dd152ea893f.jpg

I haven't managed to paint everything I pledged, but most of it is done. Crappy pics as always.

pledgee123.jpg

pledgeee523.jpg

Long time no paint, August should be very productive for me (I know, it's July's topic :_aww__rvmp_by_bad_blood: but I think @FatChance deserves some vacation :) )

IMG_20170801_220520.jpg

One of the last Red Veil mini I have (the last one is Yuan-Yuan).

Glad to have U back Koin ^^

I tried, but didn't quite manage to finish my last two Ghazis. Still a few details to go, including skin and bases.

This is the result so far.

JulyUnfinished.jpg

I will post pic of finished models in a few days, along with Augusts pledge.

Well, I haven't gotten anything painted in months, so my birthday present to myself is going to be clearing some of my backlog. Prepare to be stunned by the awfulness of my painting!

Great work guys!

The Maverick I pledged on Sunday is at about 90%, hopefully I can finish her tomorrow after some adulting.

Also @Fatchance, I PM'd you a couple of weeks ago about claiming my prize, can you let me know how I do it please?

Thanks a lot @DarKteleFaX, expect to see me around a lot this month I've got great ambitions (or at least a great amount of minis at the very least).

21 minutes ago, Code Ronin said:

Prepare to be stunned by the awfulness of my painting!

Challenge accepted @Code Ronin the awfulness of mine is ready to counter yours.

17 minutes ago, smiler said:

after some adulting.

It's a trap @smiler, adulthood is a lie. A lie !!!

27 minutes ago, Koin-Koin said:

Challenge accepted @Code Ronin the awfulness of mine is ready to counter yours.

Oh, don't say that. I have a nine-year-old in the house. And she likes to help Daddy paint!

So technically she will compete on her behalf. Mexican showdown style, I like it

Can't wait the new topic !!!

Gotta share here !!!!

Ninja.png

Happy, happy, happy :D

What do you think of it mates ?

8 hours ago, Koin-Koin said:

What do you think of it mates ?

A jam jar as scenic base is a little bit overkill, i think.

:D Fun.

Nice work on her. Nice choice of colors and a really good gradient from the black to the grey.

2 hours ago, Brimat said:

A jam jar as scenic base is a little bit overkill, i think.

I knew I was too much ahead of my time, the world is not yet ready for my basing genius :blush:

At least, you should have notice the matching colour scheme :_aww__rvmp_by_bad_blood:

2 hours ago, Brimat said:

Nice work on her. Nice choice of colors and a really good gradient from the black to the grey.

I was not sure with the blue at first, but it makes it better than I expected.

Regarding the gradient, that's the magic of airbrush operating. Even if I over made it, for a first it could have been really worse.

Anyway, 2 things are worrying me: the pics are a bit generous with the result and as it's not yet varnished it may end a bit too dark.