schoon

Tunguska Sectorial News

250 posts in this topic

2 effective wound MI would be interesting: 4-2 Move, Str 1 + NWI.

It'd give Tunguska its "HI" link in a similar way to Geckos providing the "HI" Duo. But it'd do it without actually adding HI.

22 hours ago, Mothman said:

I think Nomads HI is in a great spot now, 1 amazing budget HI (5/5 stars) 1 solid HI (4/5 stars) and 2 very good very good S5 HI (4/5 for borac and 5/5 taskmaster)

Im more interested in tenguska getting stuff similar to either posthumans or a karakuri style s2 REM (I think posthuman style would be more interesting, maybe with weaker strength profiles than what posthumans bring) 

I think the s5 bruiser HI role of taskmaster and borac has its answer in the geckos for correg and they fit well with what correg is more about, being tougher and more straight forward than the other ships.

Id actually really like to see tenguska get a bunch of sectorial limited profiles, to represent them keeping some of the better tech they have hidden and away from the other ships.

Why do you always write tEnguska and not tUnguska btw? Its not the first time!

I guess a 2W REM would be something new and not step on YJ HI theme. Still could be a S2 REM though. And being able to Supportware it would be a nice bonus. :D

No Idea bad habit, same as constantly writing Kirza Borac 

Say that to it's face.

30 minutes ago, Icchan said:

Say that to it's face.

or just anywhere near it its got 360 visor

gonna repost this here from other thread but im 90% sure thats a new unit 

zRPkujl.jpg

also sorry for typos in it I rushed it out in 5 mins before leaving yesterday

1 hour ago, Mothman said:

zRPkujl.jpg

I just sat there yesterday looking at this pic and all the work you put into this on the other thread and now you've totally just blown my mind and made me feel completely invalid as it would have taken me stupid amounts of time to do that lol 

Could it possibly be a Grenzer facing the other way?

Just now, Solar said:

Could it possibly be a Grenzer facing the other way?

nah the parts still wouldn't add up, when drawing things in distance you break the forms into simple details and shapes, the shapes chosen would not match a grenzer most importantly is the distinctive upwards angled indent on the side of the grenzer helm, in addition to the metal portions wrapping all the way around down to the law line

800px-Grenzer_1.jpg

There is a distinct line in the back one at roughly the same depth as the break in the grenzer helm, compared to the normal pure block colour helmet. the person appears to be 3/4 on to the camera at best its side on which still doesnt match as the grenzers back silver elements are more pronounced.

its either 

1. the artist is ignoring key aspects of the grenzers helmet design and adding details that are not in the original grenzer design (the 2 tone helm, adjusted shoulder details and mouth area details) which going by how amazing the piece is would be really odd

2.CB didnt notice these major differences, which is suprising as their QC is pretty detailed on the design front.

3. its a new dude 

Didn't bostria ignore him too when he went over the units in the image?

23 hours ago, Mothman said:

zRPkujl.jpg

Yeah, no, especially the two-coloured helmet part. You can clearly see the Grenzer on the left has a red face too. It's just light reflected off of his shiny black dome.

To me it looks more like a hurriedly drawn Grenzer that either someone at CB missed or it was too late to fix. I f it was supposed to be a new troop I don't think they'd hide him like that.

1 hour ago, SmaggTheSmug said:

Yeah, no, especially the two-coloured helmet part. You can clearly see the Grenzer on the left has a red face too. It's just light reflected off of his shiny black dome.

I don't think English is a first language for Mothman(I don't know for sure--I just get that vibe sometimes from their postings), but with that said:

There is still a significant difference in the design of the Grenzer helmet and the one in the background. There are the missing eyes for one, the 'slice' on the back of the helmet is a singular slice angling downwards rather than being multiple bands moving in a kind of 'stepped' pattern.

Then you get into the design of what we can see for the armor. Notice there's no black 'backing' to the shoulderpads on the thing in the background.

1 hour ago, SmaggTheSmug said:

To me it looks more like a hurriedly drawn Grenzer that either someone at CB missed or it was too late to fix. I f it was supposed to be a new troop I don't think they'd hide him like that.

Remember that this art is for the next book or a possible Tunguskan army pack next year. They might not have thought anything new was in it and just used it as a cool piece of art.

Nah i'm English i'm just atrocious at typing, and the "evidence picture" was literally a 5 min rush job as I had to leave the house after making it and wanted to get my thoughts down fast. Ill probably re do it this weekend to be more clear.

On 8/23/2017 at 2:20 PM, McNamara said:

Why do you always write tEnguska and not tUnguska btw?

Tongueska?

5-junio-lado-salvaje.jpg

Given the redesign on the new Intruder's helmet to represent, presumably, the x-visor, is it possible that some of these differences are just due to one of these Grenzers having sensor?

4 hours ago, Kanluwen said:

I don't think English is a first language for Mothman(I don't know for sure--I just get that vibe sometimes from their postings)

XD so mean.

Even people who do speak English as a second language don't like to hear that.

23 minutes ago, tomjoad said:

Given the redesign on the new Intruder's helmet to represent, presumably, the x-visor, is it possible that some of these differences are just due to one of these Grenzers having sensor?

It would be weird for the helmet design to affect the shoulder design. That's the big thing that I keep trying to point out as making it a different unit; the helmet is similar sure but the shoulders are different. There's no popped collar in black.

5 minutes ago, Loricus said:

XD so mean.

Even people who do speak English as a second language don't like to hear that.

It's not an attempt to be mean. I just recognize that English is a pain in the butt language for some non-native speakers and it (for me) affects how I read some postings.

I honestly can't see this as anything other than badly painted Grenzer with his back turned. I think you're getting slightly desperate.

Of course I say that now and Bostria will show off this cool new trooper tomorrow just to make me look like an idiot, as if I needed any help with that.

17 minutes ago, SmaggTheSmug said:

I honestly can't see this as anything other than badly painted Grenzer with his back turned. I think you're getting slightly desperate.

Slightly desperate would be just saying "NO YOU'RE WRONG!" :_aww__rvmp_by_bad_blood:

17 minutes ago, SmaggTheSmug said:

Of course I say that now and Bostria will show off this cool new trooper tomorrow just to make me look like an idiot, as if I needed any help with that.

I sincerely think that the whole reason it was left in there is because editing/censoring it out would raise more questions about "what wasn't there".

Right now? It's between wild speculation("THIS IS A NEW TYPE OF TROOPER ZOMG!") and dreamcrushing("IT'S JUST A BADLY DRAWN GRENZER!").

There absolutely is the chance that it was just artistic license on the part of the artist, but given that it's something for a book that is awhile away it might just be that nobody caught there's something that we, the fans on the outside with no connections to playtesting and whatnot, hadn't seen yet.

I will, for the time being, still maintain that it's one of the Hollow Men. The face is a bit more faceless than normal, even for a Nomad, and it fits my speculation that Hollow Men are Remotes like Dakini rather than actual agents.

How does it do that?

Look at the neckline where the red is. It's one piece rather than "collared" like most Nomad suits are when it's fully enclosed. It almost looks like the Simulacrum or Spectres from Titanfall.

So, Combined are the first ones who got Minelayer+Dep. Repeater combo in hands of Bit. Chances on same combo on Spektr loadout are going up!

Not particularly, it's a combo that's massively less effective on a trooper with no deployment skills.

Not particularly, it's a combo that's massively less effective on a trooper with no deployment skills.

But massively more effective in a force with a defensive REM link.

4 minutes ago, inane.imp said:

But massively more effective in a force with a defensive REM link.

Still not more than infiltration.

4 minutes ago, inane.imp said: But massively more effective in a force with a defensive REM link.

Still not more than infiltration.

That's what the Pitcher and G:Sync REM are for. :)

Bit's viciously effective as a whole package in the force he comes in. A 30+pt forward deployed Minelayer Dep Rep would also be viciously effective in Nomads, but I'd hardly argue that it'd be an entirely different league.