schoon

Tunguska Sectorial News

250 posts in this topic

I reckon they'll definitely update Securitate

19 minutes ago, Kanluwen said:

I'm not holding hope for the Securitate.

I'm looking forward to the new stuff. They seem vehemently opposed to fixing things from the past that people already own and would rather you buy new shinies.

They'll make new Securitate I'm sure. I doubt they'll throw them to the wayside.

4 minutes ago, Solar said:

I reckon they'll definitely update Securitate

I'm counting on it. Just hoping they're sensible about it given how small of a fix they were given on N3 release.

Man, now I'm hoping yuan yuan are in with the black hand just so i can use my fatties.

28 minutes ago, Kanluwen said:

I'm not holding hope for the Securitate.

I'm looking forward to the new stuff. They seem vehemently opposed to fixing things from the past that people already own and would rather you buy new shinies.

They have no reason not to update the Securitate. Though that wouldn't necessarily mean people would feel like fielding the (very) old models they already own. It's very likely they would buy the shiny resculpts that come with the update whether they own the old ones or not.  

1 minute ago, blitzassassin said:

They have no reason not to update the Securitate. Though that wouldn't necessarily mean people would feel like fielding the (very) old models they already own. It's very likely they would buy the shiny resculpts that come with the update whether they own the old ones or not.  

What he said.

1 hour ago, Kanluwen said:

Wu Ming, Crane, Hsien, Su Jian, Pheasant say otherwise. We also have Santiago, Montessa on the Pan O side. Aleph got Patroclus, post humans buffed while Phoenix got a price increase.

In Nomads specifically, Geckos, Kusanagi, Riot Grrls, and Bran picked up buffs.

I'm pretty sure the securitate will get an update when they show up in an N3 publication EI Tunguska debut. Though I suspect the update will be more like the pheasant, not head and shoulders amazing, but at least has a place with some interesting profiles.

49 minutes ago, banthafodder said:

Wu Ming, Crane, Hsien, Su Jian, Pheasant say otherwise. We also have Santiago, Montessa on the Pan O side. Aleph got Patroclus, post humans buffed while Phoenix got a price increase.

In Nomads specifically, Geckos, Kusanagi, Riot Grrls, and Bran picked up buffs.

I'm pretty sure the securitate will get an update when they show up in an N3 publication EI Tunguska debut. Though I suspect the update will be more like the pheasant, not head and shoulders amazing, but at least has a place with some interesting profiles.

Holy crap, Azra'il also says otherwise! I now have a weedy little HI with panzerfaust in need of a profile to proxy for! Even the ORCs got some interesting stuff. Haris, Duo, HMG Lt.

If Securitate don't get redone that'd be very surprising given that they basically got taken out of the core book for re-work purposes

If they haven't been printed yet it is probably to update them later.

2 hours ago, Loricus said:

If they haven't been printed yet it is probably to update them later.

Just to play devil's advocate...

That's allegedly why we didn't get the Drop Bear Launcher/Engineer profiles and things like that for Bolts. It kept being insinuated that there were "rules that are coming with the next book and you don't have ways of using them now".

3 hours ago, Kanluwen said:

Just to play devil's advocate...

That's allegedly why we didn't get the Drop Bear Launcher/Engineer profiles and things like that for Bolts. It kept being insinuated that there were "rules that are coming with the next book and you don't have ways of using them now".

Where was this insinuated? As far as I can tell, an Engineer profile for Bolts is more just wishful thinking than anything actually on the horizon. 

3 minutes ago, banthafodder said:

Where was this insinuated? As far as I can tell, an Engineer profile for Bolts is more just wishful thinking than anything actually on the horizon. 

Go back to when we first started hearing about Bolts. There was talk at the time(I want to say on BoW?) about an Engineer profile that had a Drop Bear Launcher.

I love Bolts, and take them regularly.

And I'd love an Engineer Bolt but I genuinely think a Drop Bear launcher would be too good.

I also would like it if PanO vaunted technological superior was not basically Drop Bears so if they did get more cool stuff if it could be non Drop Bear that would be ace.

Securitate may not get changed, but they would have most likely printed it by now if that was the case.

They probably won't change as much as people think, because they are actually decent units right now. A few points too much but I've never missed 2 or 3 points. We're paying for the Xvisor on Intruder MSR and that's less useful than anything Securitate have.

So it might not be as dramatic as the Pheasant, but probably a bit more modern to keep up with how good new units are. The core of the Pheasant was too bad to fix and needed to be overhauled, Securitate are just a bit pricey.

Would it be nice if you could add a Securitate to a different fireteam? that way the fireteam has hacker support? Certainly a fireteam of themselves would have it as well, but it would be fairly redundant.

They are way too expensive as they are.

On top of an Alguacile they should be, like, 16pts with just +1BS, +1 WIP and the LSG. I dunno how much Repeater and SSL2 costs but if it's 7pts that's too much for me!

Well repeater can be powerful depending on the hacker support and the juicy targets, so it is at best situational.

I would love to see them updated, though I would love to see "Frankie" do a transition to the new era too.

Repeaters are great, sure

Thing is, though, I look at the cost of a Sensor/FO REM, which is a repeater and MOV 6-4 etc etc etc and really I can't imagine it's, like, a 3-4pt skill. That's a lot. The Moran too, infiltration, mimetism, Koalas, superior BS and PH over a line trooper, and Repeater too? If that's the case then the Moran is getting everything else for something like 6 points and that seems way too cheap.

No, I feel that Securitate are crazy overcosted right now. But hey, maybe they'll be totally different! Tunguska need line troops though and you know that Gutier wouldn't let them in the game if they weren't there in the background, and if they are in the background, they'll be in the game! So I await excitedly to see what they will look like.

Literally just a point cut could make them good, although still not a great Core.

They would be ideal for link mixing. We'll see.

For now, at least the HMG profile is a good troop.

You know what an awesome thing for Tunguska would be? An upgrade Hacking program that lets you do something useful when non hackable troops trigger a hacking ARO (like ARO Spotlight). Currently White Noise does that, but very situational. Other similarly situational ones might be fun too - especially with great repeater coverage!

I was telling people recently, it would be cool if the defensive hacking device got a supportware that could help ANY friendly model, simply providing it sixth sense level 1. Would be a good counterplay to ZOC shenanigans and you can only have it on one thing at a time anyway. Wouldn't be OP, but you'd see more DHD activity for it.

Securitate as they are right now are pretty useless.

I don't think it's the "repeater" skill that costs so much. i think that the overcosted skill is SSL2

As it is right now, the only usable securitate profile is the Hacker one, because of SSL2.

they are a SS2 hacker, now that works through repeaters securiate are pretty boss support for a list running interventors.

Holding your ARO as a hacker through a hacking net until the opponent declares their second short skill is brutally good.

secondly, SS2 Lt.....fuck yeah thats a great way to stop people ganking your Lt and typically means you dont need to bother with a "dummy lt" because plays like spec fire and ad runs are less of an issue.

then there is the option for Supression HMGs with SS2 and Sniper rifles not caring about the opponent pulling smoke+MSV2+ on them (thing the Grenzers cant do)

Securiate are legit and have their role, they may be slightly pricier than youd like, but they fill a very nice slot in tunguska as is.

Sixth sense is particularly good against Stealth HI/Tags.

Usually they are pretty much careless when entering ZoC of hackers. if you have a SSL2 hacker you can simply declare Hacking ARO without waiting for the second skill.

if the second skill is Reset, the other non-SSL2 hacker will pile on their ARO.

if the HI decides to tank the hacking attack, then Securitate are still a bit capable.

Problem with SSL2 on a "future linkable" troop is that you're basically paying again for the 4 man bonus.

That's why it would be perfect if Securitate got something like Duo or Haris. so you could have a 4man fireteam, composed by only 3 figures.

Sixth Sense is great with a hacker in theory but that doesn't mean that Securitate Hackers are useful.

Yes you can react to stealthed hackable targets in ARO. That is useful. But can they hack effectively? Hacking Devices have Claw and Sword 1 programs; useful but not that useful. And I take them for the supportware really, which if I'm running when I get the hack ARO, I'll lose if I actually take the opportunity.

This would all be fine if they were 1) cheap and 2) there weren't good alternatives. We're talking about taking a hacker that costs more than an Interventor here! In the same Sectoral/Vanilla army!