Figl4rz

Knives of infinity

31 posts in this topic

Nice work so far!

do you still know what material will make the handle? i think polymers should be enough "infinity" for me.

but if it's a moran or Jaguar knife i could see also bone as material :)

also, how do you plan to make DA damage on the blade? XD

Looks cool, I'm interested to see more.

39 minutes ago, Darkvortex87 said:

do you still know what material will make the handle? i think polymers should be enough "infinity" for me.

but if it's a moran or Jaguar knife i could see also bone as material :)

also, how do you plan to make DA damage on the blade? XD

The handle will be most propably made from g10- it's a composite of Glass fiber and resin. I was thinking about sabilized wood but it's a bit too expensive for a non profit project. Maybe it will be possible when i'm able to monetize my YouTube channel but that is way down the road.

Well this is a knife so it's shock not DA and i think that this blade is quite shocking.

I have a plan to make bigger builds in the future so there is a possibility fo a DA CCW. Fingers crossed ;)

send a knife to CB :) i'm sure they'll be grateful :)

1 hour ago, Darkvortex87 said:

send a knife to CB :) i'm sure they'll be grateful :)

That is the plan - i'm not sure if it will be this one. There is a big tournament in Wrocław incoming and they will propably get the first one for a prize. 

This is super cool! I can't wait to see the finished piece!!

Nice work. I do a little blacksmithing in my copious free time, so I can appreciate the work involved! 

4 hours ago, Robot_Jones said:

This is super cool! I can't wait to see the finished piece!!

Me too. I hope I can finish this soon - i have limited time for knifemaking and i have few other projects i work on. My main goal is to make it awesome and functional - time limits are far less imprtant ;)

Thats cool :)

I hope it's implied but every bit of feedback and constructive criticism is welcome.

I would also love if you could give me your opinion on one thing. I am thinking about the structure of my whole infinity series and i have two main ideas:

1) making knives from concept arts one after another.

2) making a knife from concept art and then making my proposition of a knife for that faction(the ones i'm proposing  would propably be compressed into fewer videos - like one or two).

P.S. i'm in my workshop right now. The nomad knife needs bevels.

Absolutely loving the videos, keep up the good work!

I can imagine you're going to get plenty of "Make this..!" posts, so I'll get in there early...

Umbra Legate sword. I would love to see it!

Very cool to see, good work! Love the videos too :)

Sweeeeet! It's awesome to see different arts being put to use by Infinity fans!

Hello everybody.

Sadly i have some issues with my footage and i ran into all sorts of problems from lack of belts for my belt grinder up to issues with A/V sync on my videos. I hope you are more patient than me. Just to give you a brief spoiler from the next video i present to you the knife with bevels ~50% done. I have to say it's a challenging grind for me considering it's my 4th knife on a belt grinder and it's the biggest one of the bunch.

0aWJkTd.jpg

On 10.07.2017 at 7:57 AM, Gamma Ray said:

Absolutely loving the videos, keep up the good work!

I can imagine you're going to get plenty of "Make this..!" posts, so I'll get in there early...

Umbra Legate sword. I would love to see it!

I would love to make a sword of any kind one day but for now i'm sticking to knifes up to 40 cm. Swordmaking is very demanding when it comes to heat treating and i'm not ready to even try it yet. The legate sword is very cool and very functional so it would'n need much changes.

Knifes of Partiots .. or it was Guns ..   never remember :)

So Vilgefortz  o-0  caind of sound familiar ..  

i think you are not jet ready to partake in "Forged in fire "  on Discovery  but hey   everything may happend you just need to actualy get a smith stacion with a "fire"

you can always check Haqq  knives - they look strange (well not like CA   but thous looks caind of kukri inspired  ;) )

o and BTW - good job  :)  send it ot Yashie - she may cosplay with a real thing ;) ...   but i think she disbanded Himera (furr suit) cosplay .. recently

That looks damn vicious, as it should :D

1 hour ago, Maru said:

Knifes of Partiots .. or it was Guns ..   never remember :)

So Vilgefortz  o-0  caind of sound familiar ..  

i think you are not jet ready to partake in "Forged in fire "  on Discovery  but hey   everything may happend you just need to actualy get a smith stacion with a "fire"

you can always check Haqq  knives - they look strange (well not like CA   but thous looks caind of kukri inspired  ;) )

o and BTW - good job  :)  send it ot Yashie - she may cosplay with a real thing ;) ...   but i think she disbanded Himera (furr suit) cosplay .. recently

Well the forging station is on the way and it will propably be Redy by the end of summer.

My friend that plays haq tries to convince Ne to to one but I can't figure out what is happening in this concept art. I have a feeling that it's in the sheath in all of them. I'm a YJ Player so i often think about their crazy machete :D.

Thanks a lot for the encouragement. I'm thinking about working with a cosplayer i'm not sure if this will be the knife to do it. We will see.

Hazzasin Ayran   :

tumblr_inline_ocl69npzko1u0s69a_1280.png

this is new one

4 minutes ago, Maru said:

Hazzasin Ayran   :

tumblr_inline_ocl69npzko1u0s69a_1280.png

this is new one

That explains a lot. The serrations make no sense there (then again - rule of cool), but otherwise this is incredible. It just jumped up on my to do list.

none of reliced HAQQ minis hot this tooths   on blade  :)  it is just in design 

2 minutes ago, Maru said:

While I usually have a hard time trying to figure out what you're saying, this is on a whole different level.

3 minutes ago, Maru said:

I'm not suprised. Totally impossible to do it in 28mm scale.

13 minutes ago, Figl4rz said:

I'm not suprised. Totally impossible to do it in 28mm scale.

ye i know reading me in 28 mm it must be insane ;)