Talon65

How do Symbiobombs work?

5 posts in this topic

I'm not familiar with Tohaa but my girlfriend has started playing them and after reading the wiki entry for Symbiobombs, I take it to mean they follow the two general rules for deployment of Symbiomates and not the boxed in power description. 

Others in my meta (not Tohaa players by the way) are assuring her that not only do they have the one Pheroware Tactic but also act as Symbiomates  because the wiki states that they follow the same general rules as Symbiomates.

Is this correct? 

If so, that sounds really overpowered and doesn't make any sense to me since no one would bother taking Symbiomates if bombs do both...

I'm fairly certain that by general rules it means stuff like 

They are markers and not models, they can't be targeted, they are lost if the unit they are attached to loses the active symbiont Armour state, and not the rules that are unique to mates

They get to use all tge phenoware but dint have the  ignore everything ability that mates do. Similarly mates only give you the ignore everything ability and no phenoware

First look at this: http://www.captainspud.com/n3hacking/ All of the abilities you can use for Symbiobombs can be found there.

You cannot use the bombs like mates to negate damage. You only get one shot with them. You fail and they are gone. You lose your armor before being able to use the bomb and it's gone. They work just like hacking devices except they can only target units with Wounds.

That's how I was understanding them.