Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lankyogrebp

Once more into the breach

9 posts in this topic

So, I've got a game lined up again this week. I've only played a dozen games or so and it's been a couple months. I'm thinking of something like the following. The marauder HRL and vet Kazak can be ARO pieces. The Spetsnaz, antipodes, or maverick can take turns being aggressive as opportunities arise. The Airborne ranger I have had a lot of luck with. I think we will play frontline, firefight, or supplies. I do need to fill in the other 15 points. I'm thinking either another line Kazak, an irmandhino, or a pair of Highlanders. There's this guy that keeps telling me to play irmandhinos :)

3999_logo_small.png Ariadna - New Stuff Mark1 (285/300 | 4.5/6)

Group #1 | 8 Models | regular_logo_small.png 7 irregular_logo_small.png 1 impetuous_logo_small.png

3041_logo_small.png Marauder Heavy Rocket Launcher | Multispectral Visor L1, Heavy Rocket Launcher, Assault Pistol / Knife (26)
3042_logo_small.png Maverick Boarding Shotgun | Boarding Shotgun, Pistol, Smoke Light Grenade Launcher / Knife (21)
3012_logo_small.png Scout Observer | Forward Observer, Ojotnik, Antipersonnel Mines, Pistol, D-Charges / Knife (30)
3005_logo_small.png TankHunter AP HMG | AP HMG, Pistol, D-Charges / Knife (35)
3008_logo_small.png Veteran Kazak X Visor | X Visor, T2 Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Heavy Pistol / Knife (38)
3015_logo_small.png Assault Pack Handler Assault Pack | Rifle, Smoke Light Grenade Launcher, Pistol / Knife (10)
3015_2_logo_small.png Antipode | AP CCW (5)
3015_3_logo_small.png Antipode | AP CCW (5)
3015_4_logo_small.png Antipode | AP CCW (5)
3001_logo_small.png Line Kazak Lieutenant | Lieutenant, Rifle, Pistol / Knife (9)

Group #2 | 5 Models | regular_logo_small.png 5 irregular_logo_small.png 0 impetuous_logo_small.png

3024_logo_small.png Dozer Engineer | Rifle, Pistol, D-Charges / Knife (13)
3044_logo_small.png Airborne Ranger Forward Observer | Forward Observer, Submachine Gun, Pistol / Knife, AP CCW (21)
3001_logo_small.png Line Kazak Rifle | Rifle, Pistol / Knife (9)
3023_logo_small.png Chasseur Observer | Forward Observer, Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines, Pistol / Knife (20)
3003_logo_small.png Kazak Spetsnaz HMG | CH: Ambush Camouflage, HMG, Pistol / Knife, CCW (38)

app_logo_small.pngOpen in MayaNet

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey just a few things, that i noticed.

Spetsnaz Hmg i usually have him in the big pool, since he is a model that i like to call "a model you pick up and dont set down " sometimes he just goes crazy and kills everything and then you put him in suppression fire in the end, so he wants alot of fuel hence alot of orders. 

I dont know how limited you are with models to use but i would advice getting some caledonian volunteers for more fuel and cheap table edge protectors. 

 

also for "aro pieces" although i hate that term i would use a tankhunter, almost any big gun loadout is good, but i can understand also wanting to use the marauder. or perhaps a cateran to guard one of the boxes, while not being an aro piece he is a nice and aggressive little unit with the t2 sniper and suprise shot.

 

also consider uxia maybe instead of the airborne its not alot points more. but i guess if you have alot og succes with him you should stick with him, i have terrible luck using ad's except for the spetsnaz personally. 

also i love irmandinhos and Galwegians so i would include those guys and booty is fun!. 

 

good luck

(english is not my first language sorry)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do have a tankhunter hmg there as well. I could change him into an autocannon and then add 2 irmandhinos. I don't have a cateran or volunteers, they are next on my "to buy" list.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First, I think we need to reorder your list :
- all the camo are better in one group, as it allow you to recamo them together with a coordinated order
- the spetsnaz need orders, same goes for your airborne if you want him to go rambo

Here is your reorganized list with a few more cheap orders and a warcor to fill your last points :

logo_301.png Ariadna
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.pngorden_irregular.png
logo_3.pngSPETSNAZ (CH: Ambush Camouflage) HMG / Pistol, CCW, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
logo_5.pngTANKHUNTER AP HMG, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
logo_26.pngCHASSEUR (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
logo_12.pngSCOUT (Forward Observer) Ojotnik, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
logo_47.pngAIRBORNE RANGER (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun / Pistol, AP CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 21)
logo_1.pngLINE KAZAK Lieutenant Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
logo_1.pngLINE KAZAK Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
logo_30.pngDOZER Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
logo_15.pngASSAULT PACK . (0 | 25)
 sep.giflogo_15.pngHANDLER Rifle, Smoke Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (- | 10)
 sep.giflogo_15_2.pngx3 ANTIPODE AP CC Weapon. (- | 15)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.pngorden_irregular.pngorden_impetuosa.png1
logo_45.pngMARAUDER (Multispectral Visor L1) Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 26)
logo_8.pngVETERAN KAZAK (X Visor) T2 Rifle, Light Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 38)
logo_44.pngMAVERICK Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
logo_19.pngVOLUNTEER Chain Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 6)
logo_19.pngVOLUNTEER Chain Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 6)
logo_41.pngWARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

4.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army


Then, a few suggestions :
- the scenario you play need a strong midfield, either to cover your objectives or block an attack from your opponent (a rambo attack, a strong fireteam moving midfield...). Hardcase are good for this job, acting as disposable human landmine
- maverick are good but they are better plaform for a boarding shotgun : Uxia 1 and 2, scout boarding, foxtrot boarding. I would suggest replacing your maverick by a chasseur FO and either keep your scout FO or replace it by one of these options
- dozer without mul are not very usefull. Either replace it by a cheaper specialist (line kazak FO, 112) or take two 5 points mul
- you need more cheaper orders : 5 points muls, 8 points metro, 6 points chain rifle volunteer. If you don't have them right now : use proxy
-Irhmandino and highlander are both good but I would advice to wait a few more games before starting using impetuous troops

Here is my suggestion based on your list :
logo_301.png Ariadna
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.pngorden_irregular.png
logo_3.pngSPETSNAZ (CH: Ambush Camouflage) HMG / Pistol, CCW, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
logo_5.pngTANKHUNTER AP HMG, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
logo_26.pngCHASSEUR (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
logo_26.pngCHASSEUR (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
logo_12.pngSCOUT (Forward Observer) Ojotnik, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
logo_47.pngAIRBORNE RANGER (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun / Pistol, AP CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 21)
logo_1.pngLINE KAZAK Lieutenant Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
logo_1.pngLINE KAZAK Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
logo_1.pngLINE KAZAK Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
logo_10.pngHARDCASE FRONTIERSMAN Tactical Bow, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.pngorden_irregular.png
logo_45.pngMARAUDER (Multispectral Visor L1) Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 26)
logo_8.pngVETERAN KAZAK (X Visor) T2 Rifle, Light Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 38)
logo_1.pngLINE KAZAK Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
logo_10.pngHARDCASE FRONTIERSMAN Tactical Bow, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
logo_19.pngVOLUNTEER Chain Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 6)
logo_19.pngVOLUNTEER Chain Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 6)

4.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

After a few more games, I would suggest tweaking the list a little to add more heavy weapon (depending on your meta and playstile : Spets HMG, SPets sniper, knauf...)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, lankyogrebp said:

There's this guy that keeps telling me to play irmandhinos :)

First things first: play Irmies! You will love them! ;-)

Regarding Your list I think You have too much order-hungry troopers and not enough cheerleaders. What good is a big gun good for if You are unable to fuel It with a plethora of orders?! It is nice to have big guns but having a couple of big guns AND 20 orders is even better.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd probably prefer to have an HMG in each pool so they each have maximum fuel. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, lankyogrebp said:

There's this guy that keeps telling me to play irmandhinos :)

Is this guy me, by chance? ;) 

Over all, I think your list is pretty ace, but let me suggest some tweaks to it:

logo_301.png Ariadna
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png8  orden_irregular.png2  orden_impetuosa.png1
logo_3.pngSPETSNAZ (CH: Ambush Camouflage) HMG / Pistol, CCW, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
logo_26.pngCHASSEUR (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
logo_12.pngSCOUT (Forward Observer) Ojotnik, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
logo_1.pngLINE KAZAK Lieutenant Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
logo_1.pngLINE KAZAK Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
logo_14.pngIRMANDINHO Chain Rifle, D-Charges, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)
logo_15.pngASSAULT PACK . (0 | 25)
 sep.giflogo_15.pngHANDLER Rifle, Smoke Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (- | 10)
 sep.giflogo_15_2.pngx3 ANTIPODE AP CC Weapon. (- | 15)
logo_19.pngVOLUNTEER Chain Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 6)
logo_8.pngVETERAN KAZAK Paramedic (MediKit) AP Rifle, Light Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 39)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png5  orden_irregular.png1  orden_impetuosa.png1
logo_3.pngSPETSNAZ (CH: Ambush Camouflage) HMG / Pistol, CCW, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
logo_45.pngMARAUDER (Multispectral Visor L1) Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 26)
logo_9.pngFOXTROT (Forward Observer) Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
logo_19.pngVOLUNTEER Chain Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 6)
logo_26.pngCHASSEUR (Minelayer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)
logo_14.pngIRMANDINHO Chain Rifle, D-Charges, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)

5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

 

Knowing who you'll be playing against, a Tankhunter AP HMG won't treat you as well as a second Spetsnaz one will. Also, got to have those Antipodes. They HATE those buggers. You can thank me for that ;) I added in Irmies, because they're great, but I took out the Airborne. I'm sadly not a fan of them myself, but you can easily work them back in, if you want. I also took the Veteran Paramedic because I love those guys; they do some great work and can help crack armor (along with the Scout) and do Classifieds. I find the T2 rifle kind of underwhelming. The best part is the X-visor, but T2 rifles really aren't that great. T2 snipers, yeah, but it's almost always too easy to use cover and ignore a rifle hit.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the list I ended up playing.

3999_logo_small.png Ariadna - New Stuff Mark1 (300/300 | 4.5/6)

Group #1 | 8 Models | regular_logo_small.png 7 irregular_logo_small.png 1 impetuous_logo_small.png

3041_logo_small.png Marauder Heavy Rocket Launcher | Multispectral Visor L1, Heavy Rocket Launcher, Assault Pistol / Knife (26)
3042_logo_small.png Maverick Boarding Shotgun | Boarding Shotgun, Pistol, Smoke Light Grenade Launcher / Knife (21)
3012_logo_small.png Scout Observer | Forward Observer, Ojotnik, Antipersonnel Mines, Pistol, D-Charges / Knife (30)
3005_logo_small.png TankHunter Autocannon | Autocannon, Pistol, D-Charges / Knife (34)
3015_logo_small.png Assault Pack Handler Assault Pack | Rifle, Smoke Light Grenade Launcher, Pistol / Knife (10)
3015_2_logo_small.png Antipode | AP CCW (5)
3015_3_logo_small.png Antipode | AP CCW (5)
3015_4_logo_small.png Antipode | AP CCW (5)
3001_logo_small.png Line Kazak Lieutenant | Lieutenant, Rifle, Pistol / Knife (9)
3003_logo_small.png Kazak Spetsnaz HMG | CH: Ambush Camouflage, HMG, Pistol / Knife, CCW (38)

Group #2 | 7 Models | regular_logo_small.png 5 irregular_logo_small.png 2 impetuous_logo_small.png

3008_logo_small.png Veteran Kazak X Visor | X Visor, T2 Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Heavy Pistol / Knife (38)
3024_logo_small.png Dozer Engineer | Rifle, Pistol, D-Charges / Knife (13)
3044_logo_small.png Airborne Ranger Forward Observer | Forward Observer, Submachine Gun, Pistol / Knife, AP CCW (21)
3001_logo_small.png Line Kazak Rifle | Rifle, Pistol / Knife (9)
3023_logo_small.png Chasseur Observer | Forward Observer, Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines, Pistol / Knife (20)
3014_logo_small.png Irmandinho Chain Rifle | Smoke Grenades, Chain Rifle, D-Charges, Pistol / AP CCW (8)
3014_logo_small.png Irmandinho Chain Rifle | Smoke Grenades, Chain Rifle, D-Charges, Pistol / AP CCW (8)

app_logo_small.pngOpen in MayaNet

 

I was no where near aggressive enough with the antipodes. I need to remember that when in camo, it takes at least two orders to attack them in reactive turn. So I need to just run/jump them straight towards something tasty.

I have no idea how to use a bike. The maverick shot down one side, but I didn't have a clear plan for what it needed to engage. I also need to practice with smoke some more, and make sure I understand how to use it. 

I was happy with the vet Kazak and Airborne. They did what I expected and the Spetsnaz was a killer, even when focused on. 

I need to play more. I suffer from horrible analysis paralysis and agonize over every decision. I also need to be more aggressive with pieces. Even with spending orders, only a few of my models left their deployment spot.

It was also pointed out to me and I realized that I did not pay much attention to the objective when deploying. I deployed second and tossed my models down in response to his, but without an idea of where to go.

So overall, more practice and more games. Thanks for the help. Now if only it wasn't a 2+ hour drive.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lankyogrebp said:

Here's the list I ended up playing.

3999_logo_small.png Ariadna - New Stuff Mark1 (300/300 | 4.5/6)

Group #1 | 8 Models | regular_logo_small.png 7 irregular_logo_small.png 1 impetuous_logo_small.png

3041_logo_small.png Marauder Heavy Rocket Launcher | Multispectral Visor L1, Heavy Rocket Launcher, Assault Pistol / Knife (26)
3042_logo_small.png Maverick Boarding Shotgun | Boarding Shotgun, Pistol, Smoke Light Grenade Launcher / Knife (21)
3012_logo_small.png Scout Observer | Forward Observer, Ojotnik, Antipersonnel Mines, Pistol, D-Charges / Knife (30)
3005_logo_small.png TankHunter Autocannon | Autocannon, Pistol, D-Charges / Knife (34)
3015_logo_small.png Assault Pack Handler Assault Pack | Rifle, Smoke Light Grenade Launcher, Pistol / Knife (10)
3015_2_logo_small.png Antipode | AP CCW (5)
3015_3_logo_small.png Antipode | AP CCW (5)
3015_4_logo_small.png Antipode | AP CCW (5)
3001_logo_small.png Line Kazak Lieutenant | Lieutenant, Rifle, Pistol / Knife (9)
3003_logo_small.png Kazak Spetsnaz HMG | CH: Ambush Camouflage, HMG, Pistol / Knife, CCW (38)

Group #2 | 7 Models | regular_logo_small.png 5 irregular_logo_small.png 2 impetuous_logo_small.png

3008_logo_small.png Veteran Kazak X Visor | X Visor, T2 Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Heavy Pistol / Knife (38)
3024_logo_small.png Dozer Engineer | Rifle, Pistol, D-Charges / Knife (13)
3044_logo_small.png Airborne Ranger Forward Observer | Forward Observer, Submachine Gun, Pistol / Knife, AP CCW (21)
3001_logo_small.png Line Kazak Rifle | Rifle, Pistol / Knife (9)
3023_logo_small.png Chasseur Observer | Forward Observer, Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines, Pistol / Knife (20)
3014_logo_small.png Irmandinho Chain Rifle | Smoke Grenades, Chain Rifle, D-Charges, Pistol / AP CCW (8)
3014_logo_small.png Irmandinho Chain Rifle | Smoke Grenades, Chain Rifle, D-Charges, Pistol / AP CCW (8)

app_logo_small.pngOpen in MayaNet

Not bad. Soon You will do even better!

7 hours ago, lankyogrebp said:

I was no where near aggressive enough with the antipodes. I need to remember that when in camo, it takes at least two orders to attack them in reactive turn. So I need to just run/jump them straight towards something tasty.

Yup. Antipdes are nasty but full understanding of their special rules and experience is a must.

Keep on playing, You will have It!

7 hours ago, lankyogrebp said:

I have no idea how to use a bike. The maverick shot down one side, but I didn't have a clear plan for what it needed to engage. I also need to practice with smoke some more, and make sure I understand how to use it. 

High MOV and shooting smoke is just golden! Well, It takes time to learn how to exploit her to her fullest!

The short range of BS should not be the problem given her high mobility... Due to low burst avoid enemies in suppressing fire! AP works nicely against hard (ARM5+) targets and the template ignores cover - use It against squishier targets!

You can try the Molotok or the FO loadout! Many players prefer them.

7 hours ago, lankyogrebp said:

I was happy with the vet Kazak and Airborne. They did what I expected and the Spetsnaz was a killer, even when focused on. 

Glad to hear It!

In case You like HMG Spetsnaz, why not field two of them! ;-)

7 hours ago, lankyogrebp said:

I need to play more. I suffer from horrible analysis paralysis and agonize over every decision. I also need to be more aggressive with pieces. Even with spending orders, only a few of my models left their deployment spot.

It was also pointed out to me and I realized that I did not pay much attention to the objective when deploying. I deployed second and tossed my models down in response to his, but without an idea of where to go.

No worries, mate, no worries!

The first couple of games are always go slowly and everyone makes initially a plethora of mistakes.

Nex time, You will do much better, I can assure You!

7 hours ago, lankyogrebp said:

So overall, more practice and more games.

For Your information, my friend, You will not find a single player on this forum who would say: 'Heck, I played enough!...'

7 hours ago, lankyogrebp said:

Thanks for the help. Now if only it wasn't a 2+ hour drive.

Anytime!

Next time the game will be much faster!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0