Teslarod

Kriza Boracs, Tunguska Crisis Special Unit - Speculation

451 posts in this topic

I think repeater on him is awesome for Tunguska.  I'm bakunin main and for all the hacking appeal of the interventor I have a hard time making an all Tunguska list with sufficient hacking area. I'm spoiled by pitchers,  but I don't want Tunguska to just get more pitchers.

Having a HI that needs to move in to empower the interventor is a cool synergy and unique feeling tactic. I rarely faire dust so a HI bringing his own repeater doesn't feel crazy to me. It makes the slightly more expensive Tunguska feel like they make up for the smaller model count with tighter empowerment between units. 

7 hours ago, Ken_N_Jo said:

He's a big guy.

For you.

Intruder Lt. is very common. Hacker feels like the rarest.

I like the previous Intruder MSR for pose. But that's fine because I already own it.

On 7/13/2017 at 1:37 PM, Bakga said:

Looks nothing like the old artwork. 

That shouldn't be surprising. That artwork is really old. lol

Personally, I'm interested in seeing how different the playstyle of Tunguska ends up being compared to the other nomad sectorials.

3 hours ago, Neostrider said:

I think repeater on him is awesome for Tunguska.  I'm bakunin main and for all the hacking appeal of the interventor I have a hard time making an all Tunguska list with sufficient hacking area. I'm spoiled by pitchers,  but I don't want Tunguska to just get more pitchers.

Having a HI that needs to move in to empower the interventor is a cool synergy and unique feeling tactic. I rarely faire dust so a HI bringing his own repeater doesn't feel crazy to me. It makes the slightly more expensive Tunguska feel like they make up for the smaller model count with tighter empowerment between units. 

What if those things on his back were massive repeaters that gave him a huge repeater radius, like Repeater Plus or something. Extends the Hacking Area to 1 foot or more rather than 8 inches lol

I mean, they could also be sensors. Triangulated Fire Mk12...

Sensor + ODD ;)

Someone on the speculation thread pointed out they look like Sekban air tanks, but larger. Lends to the thought of Zero-G to me

1396541101485.png

They were mentioned in the first edition book, apparently, and I think Zero-G was one of their things?  @Pride of Rodina was talking about it.

And just to be nitpicky about something that leads to common rule confusion - repeaters don't extend ZoC, they extend Hacking Area.

8 minutes ago, Terrordactyl said:

They were mentioned in the first edition book, apparently, and I think Zero-G was one of their things?  @Pride of Rodina was talking about it.

And just to be nitpicky about something that leads to common rule confusion - repeaters don't extend ZoC, they extend Hacking Area.

I meant extends hacking area, which is determined by ZOC you are correct.

If the only Nomads HI with Zero-G is somewhere other than Corregidor someone is getting cut.

Better be more than Zero-G. With the money and influence Tunguska has, I expect a lot more toys, gimmicks, and skills.

53 minutes ago, Terrordactyl said:

They were mentioned in the first edition book, apparently, and I think Zero-G was one of their things?  @Pride of Rodina was talking about it

Aye, from first edition, but was mentioned to have X-visors. Not sure where the Zero-G came from ;) Shown in a little comic, the one on the first page here, but that's all. They're a complete secret otherwise.

Then again, that was first edition and when they were only S2, so who knows?

The wait for these guys has been ridiculous. Literally over a decade. lol

2 hours ago, Death said:

The wait for these guys has been ridiculous. Literally over a decade. lol

...and worth it ;)

8 hours ago, Terrordactyl said:

If you want to be nitpickily correct they actually allow Hackers to Hack within usable repeaters' ZoC as if it were their own. That can occasionally be a meaningful difference. 

10 hours ago, -Ghost Wolves- said:

Better be more than Zero-G. With the money and influence Tunguska has, I expect a lot more toys, gimmicks, and skills.

Exactly this. Tunguska is  pinnacle of what Nomads can bring to the battle with regards to gear and tech. The Kriza sure as heck should be kitted out with at least something we havent seen in Bakunin or Corregidor.

2 hours ago, Valaskjalf said:

Exactly this. Tunguska is  pinnacle of what Nomads can bring to the battle with regards to gear and tech. The Kriza sure as heck should be kitted out with at least something we havent seen in Bakunin or Corregidor.

I'm hoping for something crazy. Doesn't necessarily mean it has to be over the top, but it like you said can't be something following the humm-drumm of Corregidor or Bakunin.

Should be a high tech, modded machine with loads of Infini-bucks put into it. 

7 hours ago, Hachiman Taro said:

If you want to be nitpickily correct they actually allow Hackers to Hack within usable repeaters' ZoC as if it were their own. That can occasionally be a meaningful difference. 

I believe you and will now remember that because precision is important, but I'm having trouble thinking of when that causes a difference. What's the interaction when that comes up?

One thing the "as if ZoC" I know is Stealth still prevents aros if not in direct LOS. It's not a special LOS that hackers have on all the time. It allows specific kinds of aros in specific situations. 

Task master can dance beside an enemy repeater as long as their hacker doesn't directly see him. 

18 minutes ago, Neostrider said:

One thing the "as if ZoC" I know is Stealth still prevents aros if not in direct LOS. It's not a special LOS that hackers have on all the time. It allows specific kinds of aros in specific situations. 

Task master can dance beside an enemy repeater as long as their hacker doesn't directly see him. 

As long as dancing is a short movement skill, yes.

Mmmm, delicious speculation...

I love the discussion about this being old equipment retrofited by praxis, as is the Nomad way! A detail about the design that speaks to me about this is that the right arm is just artificial muscle, while the left has heavy plates. This might mean it has a lower ARM score, but some kind of less conventional defense - fingers crossed for nanoscreen!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Terrordactyl said:

I believe you and will now remember that because precision is important, but I'm having trouble thinking of when that causes a difference. What's the interaction when that comes up?

Yeah more or less what @Neostrider said. Basically the repeaters' ZoC being treated as the Hacker's ZoC but only for hacking is what allows the Hacker to declare Hacking AROs through it mechanically (if it was just extending Hacking Area, I think you would only be able to hack through repeaters actively, because there's no wording under hacking area that mechanically triggers an ARO).  Which then means Stealth works vs Hacking through repeaters, which then leads to hackers with Sixth Sense being able to ignore Stealth through repeaters etc.

It could have been written a slightly different way that would mean just being in Hacking Area does all that - but those rules are not written quite perfectly IMHO. For example the definition of Hacking Area in the rule book doesn't seem to include enemy hackers outside ZoC of you or any repeaters that you can never the less hack through an enemy repeater - even though this is apparently the intent (and how it's generally played). It's like they kind of intended for the Term Hacking Area to replace the stuff about ZoC in the way you said, but didn't quite manage it. Could have maybe used another sub editing pass.

I'm 100% expecting ARM 5.

But honestly I have no idea how they will work as a unit. Can't wait to find out mind!

5 minutes ago, Solar said:

I'm 100% expecting ARM 5.

But honestly I have no idea how they will work as a unit. Can't wait to find out mind!

Yeah me too. If the maths people have done on the pts in the beyond set is right, they should have some cool kit. I just hope they have significantly different stuff to taskmasters mainly. Excitement!! 

I'm thinking 6ARM/3BTS.