Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MATRAKA14

Project Buran.

24 posts in this topic

IC: Very pretty propaganda, a Space Station made with mercenary work.... hope it didn´t happen to be a LA FORJA destroyed by the indiscipline of using T2 Ammo or Assaulted like a Shopping mall in black friday. 

OOC: Very great video and good project, hope they consider it. maybe a next online campaign to blow it up like you did with la forja :P

A very fluffy and thematic goal. Nomads never really had something to rally around, just to be a pain in the ass to everyone and follow some bullshit secret objectives. Well, the next campaign will be veeeery interesting.

By my estimation, Ariadna at this stage is in the lead (though plenty disagree, especially the Oshies who are in a state of denial) and depending on CB, will likely see your goals approved.

We were very pleased with this idea Sergej suggested. Sounded cool cause we are the only faction in a space campaign without a fleet. So it made sense. And then he started to make these awesome video's that hyped us up. Kept us well busy this past weeks. 

Noble cause, but totally bad approach. See, Ariadna sits on a shitload of Tesseum. You guys are literally reach. So you wanted to start a Space Program? Great! Why not go Bakunin way and just crowdfund? Nomads, as your fluff wise ally, would probably be very happy to help Ariadna build a small space fleet (we have means, experience, full package). Instead you decided to abandon your friends, in what was clearly a hour of need, and launch an attack to take over a Nomad Nation's asset - a small orbital space shipyard. Then, upon failing utterly (wow, it was destroyed due to crazy amount of fighting inside), you went and harrased another Nomad Nation's asset - a repurposed, old like fck - freighter, that was sent to relieve Nomad forces and help evacuate La Forja's crew. If this is how a dream of a space fleet is bringed to live 'Ariadna style' then the most you can count on is shooting your astronauts into orbit using catapults. You literally antagonized the only faction that might be willing to help you achieve your goal and not want to suck your resources dry (or better see you perish). I would say - a master plan.

I wander what CB would do with this piece of fluff.

Either way - the idea to obtain something of value for your faction in an online campaign - very good. Videos, patches, the way you guys pushed it in the desired direction - all deserves to get notticed and some degree of respect. It is just the amount of WTF behind the plan to achieve your goal, that blows my mind. Not the execution, nor your purity of purpose as a faction.

OOC: Allies are not allowed in this campaign. Fluffwise Nomads smuggled aliens so we attacked with fluff in mind. And if nobody does nothing you have a boring campaign. This is a campaign about a conflict, not buying stuff from another faction. That is two dudes in a room signing a contract. We have players to consider who want to report fights somewhere. So we had Buran and A smuggling ring to investigate and three weeks of battle. Win or lose, that is mission accomplished. 

So be happy that someone attack you so that you had stuff to do. That is what behind it. Minis had to move and Dies had to be rolled. Or did you want to sit on your hands the whole campaign?

We have no control over the mineral wealth of dawn in this campaign, we can't buy a fleet. 

The fluff is very murky as to how much the nomads actually want to help Ariadna, even the mercenarys they send are sub standard if you think about what they send QK... 

Im just pointing out lack of corelation between the goal and the plan to obtain it. I don;t mind you guys attacking us. Know well how this campaign works. You just revealed the entirety of a plan behind your actions and I'm pointing out lack of logic behind it - once it is confronted with more wide fluff. Following your logic - it is good you guys were not after building some churches all over Down, otherwise you would bomb Vatican.

Seeing as the Catholic church of earth is run by pano who's to say we won't? 

One thing to consider is that from what I've read in the fluff is that Ariadna has some heavy restrictions into what they can acquire from the Human Sphere at large. While we could certainly purchase ships there would be a lot of pushback from PanO and YJ. Moreover we would be beholden to the Nomads for maintainance and procurement. This way we can develop a domestic industry. 

Sooo Ariadna basically from the very get go decided to betray humanity by ignoring their duty to defend the Blockade from Combined Army invasion...in favour of stealing technology for building some space ships instead as the rest of the galaxy burns? My my...I think you definitely should get your fluff reward for that approach...but ALL of it...the technology to build a shipyard...but sanctions and diplomatic shunning so heavy that your people starve as you try to build it, only to realize that no one is willing to trade the required materials with you any longer halfway through the process... ;-P

11 minutes ago, Yasashii Fuyu said:

Sooo Ariadna basically from the very get go decided to betray humanity by ignoring their duty to defend the Blockade from Combined Army invasion...in favour of stealing technology for building some space ships instead as the rest of the galaxy burns? My my...I think you definitely should get your fluff reward for that approach...but ALL of it...the technology to build a shipyard...but sanctions and diplomatic shunning so heavy that your people starve as you try to build it, only to realize that no one is willing to trade the required materials with you any longer halfway through the process... ;-P

You mean like 'Project Burned' XD?

@Nazroth that might be your interpretation of the fluff. Cause the Infinity fluff is very multi interpretable. Officialy it is peace in the human sphere and we are all fighting the AI. But unofficialy everybody is fighting everybody. Our official goal was the investigation of the shasvasti smuggling. Unofficialy we are gathering intel for a spacefleet.  Officialy Nomads and Ariadnans are at peace. Unofficialy they screw us over, make us fight for them, have worked as contractors for the Hyperpower on Dawn, etc. You see where I am going. You the to bend the fluff to your favor saying it is the one and only truth. But the Infinity fluff is multi sided.

And I do not onderstand why you want us to be "fluff correct". While the Nomad  Bajing attack is a quest for Hentai.  

@Yasashii Fuyu like Nazroth, that is one way to see things. But there will always be parties within factions that are disloyal and and/or want to make a deal/profit and work for or help the Ariadnans. Maybe it is long overdue that Ariadna gets a fleet for other factions have tried to keep Dawn out of the spacerace for their own nefarious end. Yu Jing might start helping cause they want someone to stand up against Pano. Nomads might start helping because they do not want YJ becomes buddy buddy with the Ariadnans. Infinity universe aint that black and white

1 hour ago, raymon said:

@Nazroth that might be your interpretation of the fluff. Cause the Infinity fluff is very multi interpretable. Officialy it is peace in the human sphere and we are all fighting the AI. But unofficialy everybody is fighting everybody. Our official goal was the investigation of the shasvasti smuggling. Unofficialy we are gathering intel for a spacefleet.  Officialy Nomads and Ariadnans are at peace. Unofficialy they screw us over, make us fight for them, have worked as contractors for the Hyperpower on Dawn, etc. You see where I am going. You the to bend the fluff to your favor saying it is the one and only truth. But the Infinity fluff is multi sided.

And I do not onderstand why you want us to be "fluff correct". While the Nomad  Bajing attack is a quest for Hentai.  

@Yasashii Fuyu like Nazroth, that is one way to see things. But there will always be parties within factions that are disloyal and and/or want to make a deal/profit and work for or help the Ariadnans. Maybe it is long overdue that Ariadna gets a fleet for other factions have tried to keep Dawn out of the spacerace for their own nefarious end. Yu Jing might start helping cause they want someone to stand up against Pano. Nomads might start helping because they do not want YJ becomes buddy buddy with the Ariadnans. Infinity universe aint that black and white

Maybe your plans simply fail because Ariadna scientists simply aren't advanced enough to even understand the technology the stole, maybe they couldn't steal anything because they are to Atek to hack the systems, maybe there was nothing to steal because what they wanted wasn't even there....

So your point is?

All I tried to point out is is that it's funny to believe that Ariadna could simply abandon the whole setting of this Campaign, go for a completely different goal, ignoring their duty and backstabbing all other nations, and apparently thinks that this wouldn't have any consequences for Ariadna from the other Nations?

It's as if the Yu Jing Faction in this campaign had simply decided that CA actually isn't that bad, and allied with CA, openly declaring their loyalty to the E.I.....and somehow we would then expect all the other factions to just be fine with it in the fluff and everything to end up our way?

Obviously that's an extreme example, but hopefully you get what I mean by it.

I like that you tried to think outside of the box and come up with funny fluff reasons for what you do, but there was a fluff setting and a set of fluff expectations on what your faction was supposed to do in this official Blockade, and for your faction to ignore that and go for something completely different, should have a fluff punishment as well.

But anyways, nobody in CB cares about my words here anyways, so whatever, maybe you are lucky and your fluff will be all fine and dandy and Ariadna will become the new space power Nr1, it sure was worth a shot.

But from my perspective of the fluff, an action like that will lead to heavy punishment from the other O-12 members, especially should the CA actually manage to break though...

You can stick to your views, that is fine @Yasashii Fuyu. But like I said, it is not the end all be all what you think must be the case. Project Buran can succeed or fail or be completly ignored, that is up to CB in the end. Your views will do nothing about it, so trying to tell us our idea is wrong is just wasted breath (typings). Cause for us it has been a succes already, no matter the outcome. Ariadnan Troops got their dice rolling with a reason. We had fun with something we all as Ariadnans got behind. It is the journey not the destination for us. 

Well the main problem @Yasashii Fuyuis that we did our duty. We investigated LaForja, the last port of call of a ship with shasvasti aboard. We defended echo when we knew the combined army was coming, our presence on the Don, much maligned by @Nazroth, was temporary, a simple sweep after an unauthorised jump into the middle of the blockade. Had we attacked Alfundaq (our secret objective in phase 2 BTW) or baijing in phase 2 we'd have been ignoring our duty, especially since we knew what the Combined Army were likely to do. Phase 3 isn't over yet, but let me explain why we've done what we have so far PanOceania has deployed to the raxora, their troops who return will require a period of observation and quarantine before exposure to civilians. (and they had it coming) whereas out of character they're just a lot more fun to deal with, there has been no public outcry, sour grapes or the bullying tactics taken on by some other factions immediately upon a perceived threat, just an in character "FU" and out of character "well played". No bitching about fluff, trying to wriggle out of a loss, just getting on with the game, @AdmiralJCJF and @Luisjoeyshould be damn proud of the restraint shown by their own in keeping their complaints internal. 

In an alternative universe Ariadna hoarded reports throughout week one. Awaited till ALEPH spiked at La Forga Control Deck, then contacted us that they send a relieve force to ensure that ALEPH presence would see no hard done to the accused Nomads. And we all lived happy ever after...

In an alternative universe, everyone has more fun playing the game instead of complaining that other people aren't having fun the right way... 

It was awesome to see how this idea was developed just before the campaign started and carried on through the whole thing. Great goal to rally Ariadna behind :D

1 hour ago, raymon said:

You can stick to your views, that is fine @Yasashii Fuyu. But like I said, it is not the end all be all what you think must be the case. Project Buran can succeed or fail or be completly ignored, that is up to CB in the end. Your views will do nothing about it, so trying to tell us our idea is wrong is just wasted breath (typings). Cause for us it has been a succes already, no matter the outcome. Ariadnan Troops got their dice rolling with a reason. We had fun with something we all as Ariadnans got behind. It is the journey not the destination for us. 

Never claimed anything else, I think you took my words too harshly, like I said, it is definitely worth a shot, and I dont doubt it was fun, so its all good from the player side.

But from a fluff point...or lets say from my fluff point...you blew it all in phase 3 and by openly announcing your intentions. No amount of sugarcoating will redeem the true nature of your actions at this point....basically you ruined your own image at the last second ;-P

Yeah, good idea! lets keep all what we do a secret so that nobody knew what we thought, liked or did do. Maybe it is the LARPer in me that says: play is what you do, not what you keep inside your head. If you had a secret thing going and only tell it after the campaign has run, it would be a moot thing. But we put it in our reports early on and now present it, so that it still can be part of the campaign that we are playing. 

8 hours ago, cazboab said:

No bitching about fluff, trying to wriggle out of a loss, just getting on with the game, @AdmiralJCJF and @Luisjoeyshould be damn proud of the restraint shown by their own in keeping their complaints internal. 

less complain and more play! Do the job of a commander and a warcor at the same time! have fun and deus vult! 

I really wish I could up vote that post more than once @Luisjoey... 

The patches made by Erik have arrived from united states to spain, and they look incredible. i love them!

buran.jpg