MrNailbrain

Beyond Icestorm box

212 posts in this topic

Nomad Kriza Borac and HMG Swiss Guard

7nLRMyz.jpg

HMG Kamau

ek1swun.jpg

The whole box - Bolt Paramedic is hidden in the back and has no features in the video. Somehow I think that CB knew no one would want to see it.

8eNLfkH.jpg

I'm very impressed by the models. The Swiss is kind of static, I think I would have preferred a more dynamic pose, but the sword looks excellent and it's a very cool miniature for a display piece. I'd rate it 4/5, could be improved by being slightly less static but overall excellent.

The Kamau looks good - I like the new paint job for the neoprene scuba suit under the armor. Nothing special, but nothing wrong with it either. Rating it 3/5.

The Bolt is completely invisible and I know it's there because there is a blue blob in the background of the photo. ?/5.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: holy crap the resolution of the images is awful. Working to fix, many apologies.

EDIT #2: pictures are now appropriately sized for humans and not ants.

I like the Kamau, 4/5.

Bolt im sure will look good but really hard to get a look at. 

The Swiss...I'm not sure I'll retire my old Swiss HMG for that model. Very Static, doesn't look like it has the same imposing feel of the Aquila with HMG. Not a fan of the sword on model that isn't even knightesque like the Black Friar and should not be in CC if it can be avoided. I don't normally gripe about sculpts but that one just looks off to me.

maybe it'll improve once I can see it from more angles.

The Bolt is aces compared to the other three female Bolts. She doesn't have a stupid ponytail coming out of her sealed armor's helmet or double ponytails and breasts the size of the Titanic. I'm gonna give her a 5/5.

Sword on the Swiss is troubling. It makes me feel like the pose was meant for a Father-Knight model and used here instead. I wouldn't have minded a knife out or something, but where the hell do they hide that giant two-handed sword?

I'm inclined to give the Swiss a 3/5. He looks cool but the sword is troubling. I wonder if it's supposed to be a Swiss on guard duty at the Neo-Vatican or copying a piece of art from the RPG?

Kamau is gorgeous. 5/5.

Gee, they didn't highlight the Bolt.  

Kamau looks nice, and I'm all about that Swiss. The weapon is, I suspect, a nod to the SG of today. It's awesome. 

The CSU looks awesome, too bad PanO players aren't being offered it directly. ABH looks really... blah. 

Swiss Guards do have AP CCWs (Though I'm not sure if I've ever seen them used). Kind of makes it look like a knight though. I definitely much prefer the old one (And I'm a little irritated that its another female-to-male resculpt, but I don't think anyone wants me to start that tangent again) and I've noticed a few other people make that comment too.

The Kamau is a bit simple, but looks good (Albeit its a fairly similar pose to the Bagh Mari HMG) and the Bolt Paramedic (or what we saw of it anyway) looks quite nice. Still, the PanOceanian models just don't seem to have the flair that the other factions do.

Noone besides you that I have seen has made that comment. The only commentary about females really has been about the female Intruder, and that's more because it's another "lulz look guyz, it's a gurl!" pose.

Just now, Counting_Kittens said:

I definitely much prefer the old one (And I'm a little irritated that its another female-to-male resculpt, but I don't think anyone wants me to start that tangent again).

And yet they just flipped the intruder MSR the other way. They may still do the same with the Swiss ML sculpt or a Swiss Hacker. Don't get too let down by it. 

1 minute ago, YoJamesBo said:

And yet they just flipped the intruder MSR the other way. They may still do the same with the Swiss ML sculpt or a Swiss Hacker. Don't get too let down by it. 

Assuming we get more Swiss sculpts...

The NCA line, in general, didn't get a whole lot of attention paid to it during their revamp period.

1 minute ago, Kanluwen said:

Assuming we get more Swiss sculpts...

The NCA line, in general, didn't get a whole lot of attention paid to it during their revamp period.

I wasn't aware we ever got a revamp period. 

I fully expect more NCA stuff, though I also expect it to come slowly because we're not a priority. 

Anyway, who wants to bet that this Bolt's scale is out of whack with the old ones? Others have already commented that it looks a bit different. The NCA box can be the new CJC box. Kan, you got this! B)

Just now, YoJamesBo said:

I wasn't aware we ever got a revamp period. 

I fully expect more NCA stuff, though I also expect it to come slowly because we're not a priority. 

The NCA starter set (what with all of its repacks B)) was supposed to mark the start of the NCA revamp. We got the Squalo and Bolts box not long after, along with the Aquila Guard HMG awhile after that.

Then nada until the Black Friar and Uhlan(unhelpfully packaged with the Tikbalang :side:)

Just now, YoJamesBo said:

Anyway, who wants to bet that this Bolt's scale is out of whack with the old ones? Others have already commented that it looks a bit different. The NCA box can be the new CJC box. Kan, you got this! B)

She's in scale. The first female Bolts look bigger, I shit you not, because the breasts are huge on them. It's not like fake breasts versus real breasts--they just are gigantic. For no real reason.

Then you also have the first female Bolts with their hair coming out of their helmets. That added another difference to them that people might be picking up on.

44 minutes ago, Kanluwen said:

Sword on the Swiss is troubling. It makes me feel like the pose was meant for a Father-Knight model and used here instead. I wouldn't have minded a knife out or something, but where the hell do they hide that giant two-handed sword?

I'm inclined to give the Swiss a 3/5. He looks cool but the sword is troubling. I wonder if it's supposed to be a Swiss on guard duty at the Neo-Vatican or copying a piece of art from the RPG?

Referencing this piece of art, possibly.

1462896071822.jpg

I'm presuming that the sword is largely ceremonial and used for public display at the NeoVatican. I mean, that thing has be to 7 feet long if it's that tall at HI scale, no way you can use a sword like that in actual combat. It's just too unwieldy. 

The Swiss model is going to be amazing for dioramas. I know I'm making one of him on guard at the NeoVatican. It'll also give me the excuse to paint his armor in the egregious purple and yellow of modern-day Swiss Guard, instead of mid-battle TO Camo like I usually do.

WTF is that sword on Swiss Guard ;/

2 minutes ago, Kanluwen said:

The NCA starter set (what with all of its repacks B)) was supposed to mark the start of the NCA revamp. We got the Squalo and Bolts box not long after, along with the Aquila Guard HMG awhile after that.

Those releases were spread out over a couple of years. Plus the starter lacked (and still lacks) a modern Aquila or Hexa sculpt. I know you're already aware of this, but I mention it to highlight that this was nowhere near what we've been seeing them do with other sectorials.

5 minutes ago, Kanluwen said:

She's in scale. The first female Bolts look bigger, I shit you not, because the breasts are huge on them. It's not like fake breasts versus real breasts--they just are gigantic. For no real reason.

I think the reason behind their enormity has always been pretty obvious. 

I'm still skeptical about whether she'll match up. See, e.g., Alguacile hacker, who looks like Dolph Lundgren standing next to the OIS Algs. Guess we'll see. 

40 minutes ago, YoJamesBo said:

The CSU looks awesome

Where it is ?

1 minute ago, Eciu said:

Where it is ?

The last second of the vid... I missed it too the first time round. Screen fades to black and then it appears

1 minute ago, Eciu said:

Where it is ?

20024030_1698600883781890_59823575493516

Weird that the ABH is in the non Yu Jing one, and that the CSU is in the non PanO one.

Guess I'm going to have to barter with our local YJ player.

Is it me, or is that CSU John Wick?

40 minutes ago, Eciu said:

WTF is that sword on Swiss Guard ;/

A claymore that is red.

If the Swiss Guard gets a bump in close combat, that will be good for the model.  I typically kill enemy Swisses in CC, they are fairly vulnerable to it.

To be fair, Swiss Guard has AP CCW in all profiles, so it could be just badass sculpt.

5 minutes ago, sarf said:

To be fair, Swiss Guard has AP CCW in all profiles, so it could be just badass sculpt.

To be fair, AP CCW doesn't need to mean a giant fuckall sword. :P

The Swiss Guard with Missile Launcher and Knife was pretty good. Why did he need a giant honking sword all of a sudden?

The Kamau looks too much like the new Bagh HMG. 

I like the new Swiss a lot but if they were going to give him a CCW it should have been a halberd like the real SG carry. 

1 minute ago, GregMurdock said:

but if they were going to give him a CCW it should have been a halberd like the real SG carry. 

This

9 minutes ago, GregMurdock said:

but if they were going to give him a CCW it should have been a halberd like the real SG carry. 

That would have been badass, and it would have worked with that pose. 

18 minutes ago, GregMurdock said:

The Kamau looks too much like the new Bagh HMG. 

I like the new Swiss a lot but if they were going to give him a CCW it should have been a halberd like the real SG carry. 

You can see in their swearing in ceremony that the bannermen carry a flamberge, so it does make sense.  Additionally, all of the Swiss Guards we see are NCOs, so (following on from modern day) none of them would have the polearm at all.