MrNailbrain

Beyond Icestorm box

212 posts in this topic

I love those, have 2 of each, 2 of em arm swapped

If you really, really don't like the Swiss Guard's sword, the pose looks very similar to the LE Achilles figure with a loose morat head.  It should be able to mimic the pose fairly well with an extra head.  Just strap the extra sword on his back, or on the side of a mulebot.articulo_20151228161221.jpg

1 hour ago, Cratesbane said:

If you really, really don't like the Swiss Guard's sword, the pose looks very similar to the LE Achilles figure with a loose morat head.  It should be able to mimic the pose fairly well with an extra head.  Just strap the extra sword on his back, or on the side of a mulebot.

Not sure that's any better for me. I like the finger pointing idea the best, though that will be tricky for me to sculpt.

3 hours ago, BLOODGOD said:

Not sure that's any better for me. I like the finger pointing idea the best, though that will be tricky for me to sculpt.

One trick is to look for the tip of a blade from another mini range, a piece of flash that's the right shape, or anything else along those lines. Attaching something with a rigid structure thats looks like  a finger is easier than sculpting from scratch. 

I did that for my Aquila multi rifle conversion and will be doing the same again for the Swiss. 

3 hours ago, BLOODGOD said:

Get some softer metal wire, drill a hole where you want the finger, and then glue it and shape it.Just a little bit of a crimp will simulate a knuckle, and you could put some dabs of superglue on it for the little armor plates that some models have on their fingers.. 

On 19/07/2017 at 3:49 AM, Kanluwen said:

Which, again, goes back to "Why is Climbing Plus not just a general infantry skill"...

As Spleen said, the Climb skill is the "standard mountaineering training", Climbing Plus is for an insect-like ability to walk on any surface.

On 19/07/2017 at 9:15 AM, Kanluwen said:

I'd personally rather not see any more overtly female HI. It's not skintight catsuits, they should look bulky as hell.

In fact, with how realistically bulky modern PanO HI suits are, can anyone tell for certain what gender the occupant is? I'm in favour of making the suits slightly more androgynous and having them all the same.

I am wondering whether there is a way to give that guy a multi rifle and make him a hacker.. because I have a painted Swiss Guard HMG, but not a hacker. Somehow there's not much point in painting another Swiss Guard HMG... except, obviously, for the very useful double Swiss HMG list:

logo_104.png Neoterran Capitaline Army
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png10  
logo_2.pngFUSILIER Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
logo_2.pngFUSILIER Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
logo_2.pngFUSILIER Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
logo_2.pngFUSILIER HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 18)
logo_2.pngFUSILIER Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
logo_6.pngSWISS GUARD HMG / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 68)
logo_6.pngSWISS GUARD HMG / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 68)
logo_11.pngPATHFINDER DRONBOT Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
logo_14.pngFUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
logo_9.pngDEVA Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 31)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png3  
logo_14.pngFUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
logo_20.pngMACHINIST Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
logo_17.pngPALBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
logo_19.pngTRAUMA-DOC Combi Rifle  / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
logo_17.pngPALBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Kind of meh, though, I just don't see how I need two of them... In that one game where my enemy crits the guy dead on my first active turn (probably rolling two ones with two different BS13 guys I tried to shoot in one order), the second may come in handy, but that's about it.

On 14/07/2017 at 2:07 PM, Kanluwen said:

She's in scale. The first female Bolts look bigger, I shit you not, because the breasts are huge on them. It's not like fake breasts versus real breasts--they just are gigantic. For no real reason.

I actually don't mind this in isolation, and where it's not jarring I don't mind models being slightly out of scale with each other. Different sized MI and LI more accurately reflect real world human body proportions and variations.

My go to example is the hexas sniper who looks pretty short compared to other models , but there are women at my office that are shorter than that sniper would be IRL. 

The only time I don't like it so much is when older HI look small compared to newer larger LI sculpts.

44 minutes ago, Superfluid said:

My go to example is the hexas sniper who looks pretty short compared to other models , but there are women at my office that are shorter than that sniper would be IRL. 

I'm not sure, if she'd get accepted in the army. There probably is minimum height and body index requirement.

4 hours ago, Lancer said:

I'm not sure, if she'd get accepted in the army. There probably is minimum height and body index requirement.

Well there might be exceptions for black ops units. Also it's the future so maybe there's more equal opportunity employment lol.

Just as a point about people saying that the Swiss looks like the Aquila, I really don't agree

There's no coat, and there's also those very different shoulder.chest plates on the Swiss, plus they have different thigh plates and boots. The helmet has a different faceplate too.

The Swiss HMG will also never be mistake for the Aquila HMG because he has a handy APCCW to differentiate him. Very useful.