shnizz0r

shnizz0r's Minis

12 posts in this topic

Excellent minis - solid color choices. 

Nice airbrush work. 

Top Tier quality. 

good you like the minis  ther is upcoming set Beyond Red Veil incoming and consisting of nee YJ units + Haqq  - you may be interested in this

same beyond Ice storm - including nomads and PO

funny ppl acuse me of pastele collors  - you are far  way pastele then mine

thanks for the kind words @all

@maru: thanks for the hint, I actually followed the speculation thread (which is hard due to the amount of off-topic tbh). I think I will end up buying both beyond sets, haha!

About pastel colors: I think I know what you mean. In my last highlight step I use quite a bit of pure white which tends to tone down the color intensity. Sometimes I get carried away a bit...

A small excursion from Yu Jing:

WIP shot of McMurrough, need to work on the backpack, not happy with the tartan, no clue about basing yet.

I used a lot of glazes and inks on this one, like A LOT! In some areas the preshading was almost enough in terms of highlights. The excellently sculped fur did the job almost on its own.

s4J2qfll.jpgDh0Coo5l.jpg

i like the ninja   - but you could make bases more appeling just by adding stains or a OSL or dim glow

14 hours ago, Maru said:

i like the ninja   - but you could make bases more appeling just by adding stains or a OSL or dim glow

With stains (or rust), I find it difficult to achieve a good balance between too much understatement, that might actually look like a mistake, and too much in terms of it distracts too much from the mini itself, if that makes sense. 

I should try it more I guess (if it fits the theme) 

With OSL my latest results were...hmm, lets say there is room for improvement. I have one finished base lying around that has some lights on the ground, but I don't like it at all. 

I also have done some finished bases for my tohaa stuff, which I havent even started yet. Ill show some pics when i get home. 

9 hours ago, shnizz0r said:

With stains (or rust), I find it difficult to achieve a good balance between too much understatement, that might actually look like a mistake, and too much in terms of it distracts too much from the mini itself, if that makes sense. 

I should try it more I guess (if it fits the theme) 

With OSL my latest results were...hmm, lets say there is room for improvement. I have one finished base lying around that has some lights on the ground, but I don't like it at all. 

I'm feeling with you...tried both a lot and almost always painted over it because i wasn't happy with the results...

My "basement" :)

rwLz1Odh.jpg

Yep this was intended to imitate some glowing lights...

ma1Dbifl.jpg

UU i like the "Alien bases"

and get picasa 3  ,, same problem as with Azard photos

rust and beat up parts good  (have you used a sponge trick ?)

but osl  - you got good tech  but you made it backward XD  effect you get is only possible with Laser light  or realy hot metal  in forge but then  how light go around is bad any way

ad you made it to big - not that is wrong but there is no way this caind of strong light would not effect a minature so it would  cast  huge colloration on a minarure

as im lazy i will not write a tutorial just for you - as a lot of other ppl done this aleady

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/cf/4e/87/cf4e8763380496e2e37d45599cc6a57d--figure-painting-is-the-best.jpg

as you may c  source of light is white  and then a orange hue teake a part and show itself more and more  towards dark orange

http://www.gardenninja.com/2010/09/12/object-source-lighting-major/

this article explain why :0

http://chestofcolors.com/how-to-paint-osl-effect-jump-pack/

this shows  how to make an  smal glow point - thous light on your bases would be actualy this type of light  if you are about to avoide strong light

i strongly advice ro read this :

http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/2010/01/tutorial-object-source-lightning.html

the last example on botom shows a light on a tank   and this is the effect you whant  - beside whole article is good and worth reading