Solodice

Infinity PbP - Sunz Never Rest

142 posts in this topic

[Update!]

Sponsor Party:

Li gives a quick nod, "I'll look into it. Thank you."

Eddie and Amyah then depart from the party.

Bear Den:

Konrad pulls around the SUV and Impi climbs on it.

Saito makes his way to his car and speeds off into the night.

[Time jump. The next day, local time: 1000.]

The team is up and ready at 1000. Qualifying starts at 1300.

As Eddie comes out from his room he spots a note that was slipped under the suite door. He takes a look at it and finds that there's datachip attached to it.

From Your Local Waiter the note reads. Eddie pops in the datachip.

- Local biker gang isn't just doing business with the Druze. Seems they have a Triad friend as well. -

[A good time to plan out y'alls next move. You have two bookies you can hit up in Timmy DeLasse and Tai Ling. One of them is the one that has an odd betting pattern. Next is Bo Ryan. He's the one in charge of the regulation chips for the Circuit Two Championship. There's also the Bosozoku, Triad, Druze connection you can dig into.]

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Damn, that local contact is a fucking ninja!"  Eddie snickers a bit at the pun.  At least he hopes it's a pun.  Imperial attention is so not what he wants on this job.

 

OK, we need to chase up some leverage on Bo Ryan today so we can get him to swap some chips around.  We also need to pay a noisy visit to Timmy DeLasse, Tai Ling, and a Mister Chao.  Timmy DeLasse and Tai Ling are bookies that are probably in on the scheme.  Mister Chao is for our cover.  I think we should hit Mister Chao first, ask him about the other two.  And then we get to be violent bastards to the other bookies until they give us the information we need.  But I would prefer to get the information non-violently, to avoid blowing our cover until the race starts and the books close. 

Nathan, can you find some leverage on Bo Ryan if you're at the track?

Aaliyah and I will be talking to team managers about sponsor stickers, and I think you and Chi Lin will be able to schmooze the tech crews some more.

[ this is a planning round, action will start with the next round of posts ]

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[just thinking about what angle to get to Bo Ryan - is it possible to quickly check into his background - maybe find something that we could use as blackmail or bribery?
e.g. his financials might be looking grim, maybe he has a sweet tooth for something off planet etc]

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[While I'm not particularly fond with this devious tactic, that smack of very nefarious medical malpractice, we are here constrained and in deep "Enemy Territory", and I don't think that I have another skillset able to contribute there (unless We start to shoot them in the head earlier than previewed, but I think this will be a problem when the Druzes start acting weird !!)...

I will try to check their Medical Records to assuage if Bo and the other Targets have health issues, telltale signs of costly addictions or a vulnerability to some specific pharmaceutical substance (either proscribed or widely available) that will make them more amenable to Manipulation and Suggestion...

There will be the typical Confidentiality Clauses and Hospital Firewalls to stall this tactics, especially in the paranoid Mayasphere of Yu-Jing, so I will probably need to first Observe them from afar, with the help of My advanced sensors, while our dedicated Hacker comb their Virtual Datas, and then try to kitbash together an hasty diagnostic check-up...

Not at all easy, but could be potentially useful (even if very distasteful)...]

.....

And with this, in the relative security of the Hotel Room, the beautiful Haqqislamite Woman started to instruct Her personal virtual assistant to re-configure for this, while initiating some preliminary checks with the Comlog...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Konrad comes out of the kitchen with a pack of ready to eat just warm up noodles he seemed to have had time to organize.

"Well, thsi invistigation looks some sort of noodle box, everything is a mess and to many strings to pull."

I think we should check if the bookies have some connections to the local biker gang. It could be that Team Druze is with one of them to change the favors of the race to earn the bookies or someone else some money, even Bo Ryan could be together with them in the same escape pod. We still dont have much information.

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[Before the next update I need to know who is going to be doing what. Who's going to talk to Bo Ryan? Who's going to visit the bookies? That's if you're splitting up again of course. If not where is the team going first?]

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[I think that at the moment I will stay and stick with Eddie, as there is no need to abandon, for now, the assumed role of "Odalisque Bodyguard"...

I believe that was said to proceed as a whole team, as I fear that mere Verbal Threats would not be enough to make the culprit of something illegal (not necessarily DIRECTLY related to our Investigation) to spill the beans, and so as an entire team, the peculiar strenght of anyone of Us will be played best...

There is also the issue that if we run into any kind of opposition, either by Triad Goons, Bosozuke Bikers or the damned Druzes, we need to be at peak efficiency to counter them...

But will gladly defer to the group cpnsensus for the final decision......!!!]

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also leaning towards keeping everyone together today (or at least until we get to the pits for qualifying, then splitting back up into Lawrence and Aaliyah working the managers while Nathan and Chi Lin continue to talk up the techies to get stickers on bikes).  My concern was how much privacy Nathan needs to do his datadiving for leverage on Bo Ryan.  Though I suppose I can help out on the social engineering during our travel time between meatspace discussions.

 

Honestly, I think that's the game plan for today. 

Start with a meatspace visit to Mister Chao for some betting action and getting a non-corrupt pool to compare with our troublemakers, then visit Timmy DeLasse and Tai Ling to get more names.  If we get immediately-actionable information out of the bookies, we chase that down, otherwise we roll into the pits and talk to people about sponsor stickers.  And about Bo Ryan's personality flaws/leverage. 

On the drive, we do Mayanet digging into Bo Ryan's Facespacetweets, his financials, and his medical if we can find it, looking for leverage.  I will concentrate on facespacetweets, Nathan on financials, and Aaliyah on medical, since Chi Lin will be driving (or making sure the autodriver doesn't kill us, same difference).

Keep all your gear on you, especially for talking to the bookies.  We should be ok to leave the long gun in the car, though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As i'm still out of it for the next two weeks at the earliest. I'll leave Saito either in the GM's hands to start an investigation, or have someone use Saito to make contact with something/ someone or other. I just don't want my ninja sitting around afk while the team is trying their hardest to play.

Sorry about this guys. Death in the family and i'm handling all the arrangements. Busy for a while yet. Good luck with the mission and i'll try to get back as soon as i can. 

Edit: GM has my character sheet if someone needs it.

Edited by Razgriz
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[Update time!]

The team all agree that the best place to start is with Mister Chao. A quick search through the datasphere reveals that he works out a store at one of the towns. Around a fifteen minute drive from the hotel.

Piranha Market:

The SUV parks out front of the store, Piranha Market. A few of the locals give the vehicle a curious glance. From what the team can see they're the only tourists around.

The team piles into the store and it's well... a store. Automated check out systems and an employee re-stocking the shelves. The standout is a man and women lounging around near a door leading to the storage area of the store. The man is dressed in a hoodie and and sweats and the women is in a full track suit. Amyah's sensor suite doesn't detect anything standing out on the man (the loose clothing doesn't help) and nothing returns on the women either.

They both stare at the team waiting to see who makes the first move.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[ Right, this could get ugly, if I annoyed the Odalisques last night they may have sent me on a wild goose chase, or worse, to someone who doesn't like my references. Let's try not to break anyone here, shall we? ]

 

"I'd like to speak with Mister Chao, Emre's entourage suggested that he was a good person to talk to for making the racing a little more ... financially exciting." Eddie speaks up with just a slight emphasis on 'financially', as he wanders deeper into the store and away from the windows.  Eddie is also checking to see what kinds of things are in the market, he has an odd attachment to fresh fruit, probably caused by too many months away from working hydroponics units.

Eddie has one hand in his right pocket most of the time, though he's using his left to check the fresh fruit.  Someone who doesn't know him well might assume that he's bored, but Aaliyah probably recognizes that as forcing his right hand to slow down on it's way to a weapon.

While doing all of this, he's watching the three folks in the store pretty closely, especially at his name drop.  [ Observation roll, Awareness of 10, +2 Expertise in Observation, and 2 Focus in Observation. 6 and 8 on the dice, for two successes, plus Amyah's Sensor Suite bonus.  And I swear that is what the dice just rolled, I'm not recycling old results here! ]

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nathan keeps an eye on the windows at the side of the store and the door the group came in from, along with the employee at the shelves. He isn't tensed as he isn't expecting any trouble but he's still wary, keeping a listen out for Eddie's conversation with the two at the back door. 

He tasks his geist to run a quick, non-invasive scan of the area for any devices that might be recording or communicating with a central hub (if I can do this- need me to roll anything?)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Haqqislamite Woman at the moment is content to still play Bodyguard, but stay in the rear and try to cleverly be attentive to anything that could be useful to pick up. . .

That Her Advanced Sensor Suite would not ping anything suspicious immediatly was not so much a good indication and She was ready to react. . .

Not only She was checking the inner parts of the store, but also outside was checked, to see if there were curious, nosy or otherwise suspicious persons gathering in an unfit manner. . .

The Vehicle where they left nearby was also important to survey, if they needed the driver. . . . ."Peculiarly Talented" Skillset inside as well. . .!!

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chi Lin takes a look aroind as he opens the door for his "boss and his bodyguard" closing the doors he walks behind them a few steps like the little nice driver / butler / assistant he has to play. And he absolutly disliked every step. 

In the store he starts to watch the people as his role would involve to intercept the employee and anyone else trying to talk to the sponser Eddie is displaying.

When they finished this, Konrad thinks, i will be renting a shuttle for a day and doing some orbital insertions to get everything from his mind.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Section 9 Years on the job on Bakunin taught Eddie that if a goon didn't look like he was packing that he was. These two at the door are defiantly packing heat. The guy in the baggy clothing is seated for a quick cross draw and the women has her hand behind her back probably resting a hand on a pistol.

@sonicReducer Impi takes in the AR environment of the store. Nothing concerning any extra or out of place surveillance. However, beyond the stores own zone there's quiet a big and very low signature one hidden in the back of the store. Right behind the door the two goons are guarding.

The women in the track jacket looks at Eddie when he mentions Mister Chao and Emre in the same sentence, "Chao can make the races a lot more enjoyable... if you know what you're doing." She then cocks her head to the side then looks back at Eddie and his entourage, "Chao says he'll see you."

A loud clunk comes from the back door and slides open. The goons let the group pass through.

It's a back storage room for extra stock but a set of server racks rest along one of the walls. That and a series of screens showing the over and under of racers and the qualifying event going on right now.

Mister Chao, a chubby man, is seated on a fold out chair watching one of the bikers, Rebecca Morgan from the looks of it, making their way around the track. A group of other Yu Jing men [6] sit next to him in fold out chairs and watch the same screens.

"So, you must be at least someone of some importance if Emre told you about me." His attention breaks away from the screens and he looks the group over, "He did always have an interesting taste in friends." He then looks back at the screens, "Whatever your bet is I'll take it. Well, my system will anyways."

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'm Lawrence Calverston, Tristeryon's VP for Marketing and Advertising.  Thank you for your time."  Eddie starts off friendly-but-businesslike, about the same tone Mister Chao took with him.  "To tell you the truth, though, I don't have a bike in the race, yet.  Nobody has agreed to take a Tristeryon sticker so far, but I think Team Coke is interested."

"I have a rule to never bet more than I can afford to lose, so it's not going to be something in Emre's scale.  He can lose my entire annual salary to a rounding error."  Eddie chuckles at that.  "But 10k Skendar per bet isn't out of line, probably won't exceed 100k total bet." [ OOC: I'm assuming that 1 Skender is roughly 1 US dollar in purchasing power, so these ain't small bets. ]

"So, let's make things interesting.  Rebecca Morgan for finishing in the Top 5, and also for fastest lap.  10k Skendar each."

"Also, would you mind sharing your odds for other pools?  I want to add a few more bets later on, once I get a chance to talk to the teams at the track."

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites