I know, I know.

Interplanetario is on.

CB are busy.

I GET it.

But maybe we could have SOME idea?

A hint?

Something?

Please?

Could be kind to post some shots of the table dung the touney and some update round to round

I think he means an update on Wotan, not interplanetario... 

I'd guess it'll be either right before or right after gencon, since Bostria will be able to link flights up. 

1 hour ago, DOA said:

Could be kind to post some shots of the table dung the touney and some update round to round

Yeah, I'm mildly curious about the Interplanetary.

But I want to see the AI Historian take on Wotan.

At least knowing WHEN we will know would be nice.

All you need to know is that Tohaa won just for being the best looking army on the field. Also we have the coolest players and our forums had cookies. Don't feel bad, none of the human factions had a chance. :)

This weekend is Interplanetario's weekend, so all in Corvus Belli are like crazy working there.

So, if we think that Bostria will make a video with BoW telling the results and prize winners like in Flamia (and that means Bostria flying to BoW) in a few weeks.

They could do it over Skype, but yeah I'm thinking a bit of a detour on the way to or back from gencon would be the best way to get Bostria to Coleraine without taking much time out of his regular CB work stuff. 

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one desperate for results.  I'm really interested in the way they factored in Battle Report Quality instead of just Victories; and their assessment on the events that took place.

12 hours ago, Danger Rose said:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one desperate for results.  I'm really interested in the way they factored in Battle Report Quality instead of just Victories; and their assessment on the events that took place.

Yeah, me too! It seems like basically everyone else is perfectly happy to wait a few weeks.

The quality factors (etc) are really interesting for me, it'll be good to see how that works out.

But it's not so much that I don't have the results yet, but that they haven't even given us a timeline which bugs me.

Im honestly not expecting much until late this next week at the earliest cause of Planetario, and then GenCon not far away.

To be fair, as we saw with the participation numbers, the biggest chunk of players simply doesn't care about this campaign anymore, and a good chunk of those who kept playing simply don't expect to have this end in a good way , so it doesn't matter for them how soon it is revealed how it ends as they'll get screwed anyways... 

As much as I enjoyed parts of this campaign, I have little hurry to hear all the praise for PanO and whoever else, and all the shame we'll get pilled upon us, especially since Bostria already mentioned that our failure will be blamed on "High Command"...so basically me and the guys from Yu Jing that worked the hardest....not exactly something to look forward to. 

I also don't care for the statistics, as I saw boatloads of ultra high ratings for pretty basic reports, but there's no way the A.I. historian will filter them as they met all the basic requirements, but instead of the 7* rating that'd normally bring, people gave them 9-10* ratings to boost their faction. So there's little to expect from that as well, except maybe even more getting screwed over as we actively promoted fair ratings and not "boost our own faction" ratings, which means our ratings will be worse than those who did so...

So from my point of view, this campaign is already over, Yu Jing got screwed over hard, it's all our fault, shame on us, that's it. The only tiny bit that interests me is what happened to the Shanqiang, but that's more due to lack of proper information during the campaign itself than the resolution of the campaign...

Sorry if I don't sound too optimistic here, but I guess that's to be expected from a losing faction (from all sides, fluff, points, whatever) . 

16 minutes ago, Yasashii Fuyu said:

Sorry if I don't sound too optimistic here, but I guess that's to be expected from a losing faction (from all sides, fluff, points, whatever) . 

I don't see you guys as losers at all.

From what I've heard you did an awesome job within your faction and kept fighting right to the bell.

That's what this whole thing was about, right?

6 minutes ago, AdmiralJCJF said:

I don't see you guys as losers at all.

From what I've heard you did an awesome job within your faction and kept fighting right to the bell.

That's what this whole thing was about, right?

The reality is though, even though a small core of players kept fighting till the bitter end, that was only like 5% of our original player base *lol* the rest was already gone by then, no matter how hard we tried to motivate them. Which is kinda the reason why Yu Jing amounted to nothing from the end of phase 1 onwards, we simply dropped down to Tohaa Levels of power, yet everyone else pretended we still where Nomad Level.  (Not sure the statistic actually supports what I said just now, but that's definitely how it feld like and how our points seemed to look like after phase 1..) 

Anyways, what's done is done, I hope CB and BoW take a look at what happened to Yu Jing in this campaign and they learn a little bit from it, I know one can't please everyone, but when one of the most popular factions suddenly dies out, that's something they should look into, cause I think there's a "Lessons learned" to be had from that....

@Yasashii Fuyu, brother it's not like Bostria is going around and bomoming that Yu-Jing HQ sucked. I think this mention was just a way for him to try and make a fluffy comment, like if the Empire itself made it. Yu-Jing as a faction does not seem very generous and forgiving. On top of that take note that you guys are the only faction that warren presented with a rather nice gift (Su-Jian) and for me it looked like 'we're sorry' - took place not long after the morale crushing comment in the pdf. It all depends on the perspective. Sad to see fellow gamers upset by a comment - especially while I know too well how it is (Flamestrike - Nomads lost a theater before it existed and it was mentioned in the fluff). I think they just wanted to motivate you guys and it missfired. Dp not think they sit there dissapointed with Yu-Jing's performance.

51 minutes ago, Nazroth said:

@Yasashii Fuyu, brother it's not like Bostria is going around and bomoming that Yu-Jing HQ sucked. I think this mention was just a way for him to try and make a fluffy comment, like if the Empire itself made it. Yu-Jing as a faction does not seem very generous and forgiving. On top of that take note that you guys are the only faction that warren presented with a rather nice gift (Su-Jian) and for me it looked like 'we're sorry' - took place not long after the morale crushing comment in the pdf. It all depends on the perspective. Sad to see fellow gamers upset by a comment - especially while I know too well how it is (Flamestrike - Nomads lost a theater before it existed and it was mentioned in the fluff). I think they just wanted to motivate you guys and it missfired. Dp not think they sit there dissapointed with Yu-Jing's performance.

This!  There's more to it than just Bostria's comment to the big drop (moslty Real Life demanding family time from players, and the early on dramas that took over the Social Media).  And truth to be told this should not have been the devastating blow that it was.  It was an opportunity to discuss internally what had happened and if indeed it was that new leadership was needed, then have the players vote for new leaders; but if everyone was on board with the leadeship, you just simply had to dismiss the comment and carry on.

I'm not trying to attack anyone, I'm just trying to help us all to learn from this.  To me Infinity the Game is a Gentleman's Game (and I do apologyze to our female players for the use of such sexist term, but I can't find a gender neutral equivalent which is as impactful to our male readers).  You have to cooperate with your oponent when they declare intentions, to be honest about where you place your Hidden Deployment pieces, or which buildning you chose to be "sabotaged", etc.  This to me is the beauty of it and I have done everything in my power to make the Campaign an extension of the Game.  It saddens me to see such good players feel so discouraged from participating, because then you guys are not the losers, its all of us, precisdely because we lose great campaigners.

I honestly got the feeling that YuJing was suger-coated with quite a bit of attention and care from the campaigns organizers this time around.

It's only fair that as an equalizer they also got some snarky macho remarks on their inability to deliver on the credits that had been given beforehand and some of their more vocal players' wailing thereafter. 

11 hours ago, Nazroth said:

10 hours ago, Danger Rose said:

This!  There's more to it than just Bostria's comment to the big drop (moslty Real Life demanding family time from players, and the early on dramas that took over the Social Media).  And truth to be told this should not have been the devastating blow that it was.  It was an opportunity to discuss internally what had happened and if indeed it was that new leadership was needed, then have the players vote for new leaders; but if everyone was on board with the leadeship, you just simply had to dismiss the comment and carry on.

I'm not trying to attack anyone, I'm just trying to help us all to learn from this.  To me Infinity the Game is a Gentleman's Game (and I do apologyze to our female players for the use of such sexist term, but I can't find a gender neutral equivalent which is as impactful to our male readers).  You have to cooperate with your oponent when they declare intentions, to be honest about where you place your Hidden Deployment pieces, or which buildning you chose to be "sabotaged", etc.  This to me is the beauty of it and I have done everything in my power to make the Campaign an extension of the Game.  It saddens me to see such good players feel so discouraged from participating, because then you guys are not the losers, its all of us, precisdely because we lose great campaigners.

I assume you didnt quite get the full picture here, I wasnt even talking about the demotivating public announcements that happened (which where most of them after phase 1...), I was talking about an out of character message in spanish that Bostria posted at the end of the campaign in our subforum, where he claimed it will be spun as high commands fault. 

Sure one can always claim thats fluffy, but that doesnt exactly help those in high command that worked their asses off. 

10 hours ago, John Tenzer said:

I honestly got the feeling that YuJing was suger-coated with quite a bit of attention and care from the campaigns organizers this time around.

It's only fair that as an equalizer they also got some snarky macho remarks on their inability to deliver on the credits that had been given beforehand and some of their more vocal players' wailing thereafter. 

Like...what? Sorry but uninformed comments like this are not helping at all, you have little to no idea of what happened in Yu Jing in regards to the campaign organization, yet you somehow seem to think you know enough to blame it on a few vocal player's "wailing"?  

I know, when you play factions like Tohaa or Haqqislam, the "attention" that some of the "bigger" factions like PanO or Nomads or Yu Jing supposedly get seem "awesome" compared to your little rock in space that was basically all Haqq got all campaign long in terms of fluff, or the last round spaceship that Tohaa got that simply no one cared for at all, but I'm pretty sure Yu Jing would have prefered to start at Ilik, and have it's hands free for the rest of the campaign to rake in glory wherever they go, instead of what we actually got and how we were forced to deal with it and treated for it.

Anyways, like I said, it's all said and done, I don't really care about what some uninformed guy from another faction thinks about why Yu Jing did as it did, what I care for is BoW and CBs analysis of what happened to Yu Jing in this campaign, and the lessons they will hopefully learn from it, cause like I said, there is something seriously wrong when 95% of a factions playerbase simply abandons the campaign midway through, especially when it's one as popular as Yu Jing. 

Don't forget that the release of the 8th edition of WH40k had maybe an impact on the participation. Except one, all Infinity players in my club are 40k players too and the announce of a rework of the core rules and rebalance made the rate of Infinity games drop slightly. So, I think that is to be noted too. 

Anyways, like I said, it's all said and done, I don't really care about what some uninformed guy from another faction thinks about why Yu Jing did as it did,

Well, you answered my post directly, so, in fact, you - kinda - really do! B)

...what I care for is BoW and CBs analysis of what happened to Yu Jing in this campaign, and the lessons they will hopefully learn from it, cause like I said, there is something seriously wrong when 95% of a factions playerbase simply abandons the campaign midway through, especially when it's one as popular as Yu Jing.

I have the strong impression that YuJing isn't that much an as popular faction as you want it to be. At least not during Wotan. Otherwise, why would you have lost so many players like you've stated? ^_^

(Apart from reasons like holiday season and WH40k release, etc., of course.)

Like...what? Sorry but uninformed comments like this are not helping at all, you have little to no idea of what happened in Yu Jing in regards to the campaign organization, yet you somehow seem to think you know enough to blame it on a few vocal player's "wailing"?  

I know, when you play factions like Tohaa or Haqqislam, the "attention" that some of the "bigger" factions like PanO or Nomads or Yu Jing supposedly get seem "awesome" compared to your little rock in space that was basically all Haqq got all campaign long in terms of fluff, or the last round spaceship that Tohaa got that simply no one cared for at all, but I'm pretty sure Yu Jing would have prefered to start at Ilik, and have it's hands free for the rest of the campaign to rake in glory wherever they go, instead of what we actually got and how we were forced to deal with it and treated for it.

Wow! Entitlement much? B)

Putting the thought aside a moment that despite your assumptions I might have had more insights into the inner dealings of YuJing during the campaign (just saying, mind you!), all the information needed for anyone else to form an educated opinion is the constant public ramblings coming from especially you alone that began once you entered the Warconsole campaign system last year, usually starting somewhat reasonable but then ending up in complaints about how everything is unfair and YuJing of all the factions got the short end of the stick, which based on its players efforts it doesn't deserve, and so on.

(There is a certain threshold, where fervor and devotion ends and mania and delusion starts.)

This repeated monologues in combination with Bostrias public reactive comments give a nice impression of what is one of the causes of YuJings inability to leave the impact on the campaign it's leaders felt entitled to achieve. It really is such an easy target to get ridiculed just for the lolz!

:unsure:

I haven't personally met Bostria yet, but read and seen enough of him to expect the continued lament you send off here publicly resulting in an even less desired concluding effect for your faction overall prestige. Bostrias character has proven to contain a not to be underestimated amount of iberian virile mischief (apart and during) this campaign, which should have been a warning sign for you to restrain your emotions for the better of your factions rep.

So, if you keep on giving into your spiking estrogen levels and bemoan everything really bad that has happened to YuJing (disregarding all the goodies and attention you have been given throughout the campaign) without showing any attempt for self-reflection and restraint I can see your dreams come true in most definitely having had an impact on the story:  

Namely by it publicly being announced, that, in the end It Was All YuJings Fault!

;)

Do yourself the favour and don't force them to play this card!

14 hours ago, Ayadan said:

Don't forget that the release of the 8th edition of WH40k had maybe an impact on the participation. Except one, all Infinity players in my club are 40k players too and the announce of a rework of the core rules and rebalance made the rate of Infinity games drop slightly. So, I think that is to be noted too. 

I think this was the biggest participation break this time around.

It coincided too perfectly to be pure coincidence. 

Among Yu Jing players, we talked through some of the reasons for Yu Jing's rather low performance and we concluded that there were few valid ones. 

Above mentioned 40k was one of them and from other players' comments I can conclude it hit Yu Jing more than other factions. It is apparent, based on a small sample of few clubs, that many Yu Jing players started with Red Veil recently (me too for that matter). As Yu Jing is not so easy faction to play, it explains partially the win to loss factor, which was the lowest among all factions. In my club, and it few others as confirmed by other players, when Red Veil boxes arrived, both Yu Jing sets went to two new players who chose Yu Jing as their entry to Infinity, while both Haqq sets went to veteran players that took it and their 2nd and 3rd factions respectively.

The fact that we had many new players also explains that many of them are casual players. It was also apparent from forum comments. Playing Wotan games was never high on their agenda and people would rather spend summer weekends outside with friends or try new 40k. You can see that from average number of games played per player. I think it is less than 2. 

Another reason is the fact that Yu Jing has very few hardcore dedicated players who logged over 20 games during Wotan. Only few commanders did that compare to many commanders from other factions.

So as few people already mentioned, as soon as players noticed that Yu Jing has no "muscle" to compete and its power looks good only on the paper, they moved on and stopped contributing to the campaign. The fact that our power was overestimated by the producers of the campaign based on the previous one, was also a big hit.

I am a new player, I joined Infinity with Red Veil and I got really hyped for this campaign as it was my first ever campaign. For new (and hyped) players the narrative is an important factor. Meaningless scoring points and few sentences of updates without any meaningful narrative totally disappointed me. To a point I stopped caring for this campaign. Nothing really was happening in terms of narrative to keep me invested. I spent hours writing reports and CB could not spent a single hour writing a good update. The updates should be there every day, with some plot twists and fluff narrative. It was not enough to keep new or casual players interested. 

The campaign was scripted anyway. For a scripted campaign with little players' input CB did a terrible job. It was disappointing to see all factions attacking each other for no reason, but scoring points. There was no fluff background to it. CB should have communicate more with factions leaders and build some stories to justify their decisions. It never happened. In the end players like me did not even understand why we are fighting all those battles at those specific locations. What will be the consequences of losing locations? Why all nations attacking each other, while we have alien menace on us? It felt like competitive tournament where points are the key and nothing else. 

19 hours ago, John Tenzer said:

Lotsa rambling about my person somehow playing a big role in the activity drop of a whole faction

You sure love to attack me personally it seems, hope you had fun with that. Apparrently you think that me being vocal about the problems this campaign had is somehow the reason for the problems, and not the other way around, sorry, but there is such a thing as cause and effect, and it's not like I began this campaign crying about how bad Yu Jing is going to have it, in fact I was very motivated and enjoyed phase 1 of it a lot.  I agree that me being vocal about the problems might have caused further demotivation among the tiny % of Yu Jing players that actually read things here (which is a truly tiny % as we found out during this campaign, mainly consisting of our own High Command). but if one does not talk about the problems because talking about the problems might make people sad, the problems will never get dealt with.

Anyways, that's me done talking to you (I know, once again *lol*) , your whole post reeks of some trolling attempt to make people believe "It was all just in Yu Jing Player's heads" when the reality simply shows it wasn't (except the whole campaign being basically a game in our heads I guess) . You might not like me, or how I act during the campaign, or whatever other personal issue you have, but that doesn't change the fact what happened to Yu Jing's player population during this campaign.

And obviously, as you mentioned before, I only cry about Yu Jing, cause frankly it's the faction I played in, and it's your "job" to cry about your faction, and someone else's "job" to cry about theirs if they feel the need to. I'm not going to run around crying about the bad things that happened to the Nomad Players, I simply don't have the detailed info what happened to them, but maybe you should, cause apparently you do...(must have a lot of high command accounts then...).

PS: The thought that Yu Jing is a popular faction is not in MY head, it's my point exactly that it WASN'T this campaign, but it's apparently in everybody else's heads and especially in the campaign organizers heads, cause Yu Jing was treated like the top player factions Nomads or PanO, even though we simply didn't have the numbers anymore after Phase 1, while other factions like Tohaa, Ariadna  or Haqqislam received a completely different treatment, even though Ariadna for example apparently reached big boy level this time. This lack of adaptability of the faction's goals is part of the problem.

PPS: Of course 8th Edition 40k caused a giant drop, but I didn't specifically mention that, as I reckon that affected most factions equaly....though it is worth a thought as some factions clearly had some EXTREMELY dedicated players who didn't leave, while others consisted mainly of average joe players who DID leave for 40k as it seems. 

@sevsterino

On point of loosing interrest. What you wrote sounds rather convincing, except for difficulty of playing Yu-Jing. There are so many factors, including local meta, player's experience, preffered units and more, and more and more - I doubt you made a poll among your players and compared the real data. I'm not trying to belittle your point of view on the situation - just want to push you in the right direction. See this - these are Nomad stats for the campaign, from among crucial theaters,

Phase one: 320 posted battreps among La Forja MH and CD, 266 solid ones among them,

Phase two: 113 posted battreps among Dong Peyote, 100 solid ones among them,

Phase three: 72 posted battreps among Legation and Baijing, 62 solid ones among them,

The drop is obvious and it has nothing to do with 'Nomad army difficult to play' nor 'noobs grab the starters'. There is a huge, wide world out there and every small meta is different from the others. We as a faction had a single player that grabbed a round 50 points around theaters of interrest, while we also had a player that lost over 30 points in the same theaters to the threatening factions. All of these are solid battle reports, with vast writeup and pictures and army lists and all. As you can see - it's not always like one commander might do the difference. In the end even a brightest star might get countered countered by the darkest one.

From my personal experience - what kept us going was Bromadship. Many of our players made initial sacrifices, we feelt like a team hardened by standing side by side against the surrounding foes, we did not wanted to let down our Bromads. There were plenty of players not overly invested in the campaign, that threw in their singular wins in important theaters. Real deal Nomad supporters. No need to sacrifice your lives for the online campaign, but to show your teammates that you appreciate their effort and throw in that win for the cause - that's what makes this kind of event special. I think that was the key to our performance.

It should also be mentioned that Bromads suffered from a big moral crash in the first third of the campaign notwithstanding the scripted  La Forja disaster, yet still managed to pull back together to somehow deliver results, which is an impressive feat in itself, too. 

We ourselves kept our group together with poetry slams, hobby help discussions and cat owners stories. Can't go wrong when kittens are involved.