Douge

Ladders?

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Other than purchasing from a supplier, does anyone know where I might a tutorial on how to make ladders?  Got an idea but I need ladders for it.

Thanks

Edited by Douge

1 hour ago, abydog said:

I recall someone making ladders using staplers from a tacker (I hope those are the right words in English)

This is what I am talking about:

https://www.google.de/url?q=https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heftklammer&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwivycyWss3VAhWFa1AKHQMfA5YQwW4IDygAMAI&usg=AFQjCNGKE7B0-ixmg-3cUnsfaiqvFhaIZQ

Oh!  Never thought about that.  Staples from a Stapler...gonna look at that idea.  Thanks.

Posted about this very thing a couple weeks back in WGC Infinity facebook group

I've seen people ask about ladders from time to time, and since I'm making some to donate to my local shop for league night I thought I'd share.

These are the 14x2.5 LEGO ladders, just search Ebay for "lego ladders" and you'll find quite a few listings for about $1~$2 each. Even better, join "BrickLink", which is like an ebay for only lego pieces, I've gotten these for as low as $0.35 each.

They're long enough for a 2-story building as-is, or you can cut them in half for OP:Icestorm level terrain (I recommend doing a few of each). They're meant to slot into each other as sliding, extendable firetruck ladders, which not only adds extra detail but gives you a perfect slot to glue cut up paper clips into. These paper clip loops serve as hooks that will let you hang the ladders from pretty much any MDF, cardboard or foamed pvc terrain. Foamcore too, but you'd probably need to make larger loops. Then just paint them to match whatever terrain you want, the original ones in that first pic have since been painted orange to match my terrain accent color, these new ones will be generic metallics. 

Super easy, super cheap, and really fantastic looking!

FB_IMG_1502405318687.jpg

FB_IMG_1502405324215.jpg

FB_IMG_1502405329082.jpg

FB_IMG_1502405333783.jpg

FB_IMG_1502405340082.jpg

Now that is a very neat idea! :D

I have to look at my kids lego box. As they tend not to clean that stuff up anyways some missing ladders won't be,well, missed.

17 hours ago, abydog said:

Now that is a very neat idea! :D

I have to look at my kids lego box. As they tend not to clean that stuff up anyways some missing ladders won't be,well, missed.

I hear ya on that one.  My boys have Lego and don't really play with them...I may go have a look see :D

Speaking as someone who handmakes almost everything, even when purchasing would be cheaper: handmade ladders aren't worth it. Buy them from Warsenal, they're under a dollar each and look great.

4 hours ago, Captain Spud said:

Speaking as someone who handmakes almost everything, even when purchasing would be cheaper: handmade ladders aren't worth it. Buy them from Warsenal, they're under a dollar each and look great.

They do look good, but I live in Canada and shipping isn't cheap.  Definitely high on that end.  So I would have to spend a good chunk of change to make it worthy enough.  Something that I'm not willing to do at this time.