AdmiralJCJF

Wotan @ Interplanetario - What Bostria Had To Say

60 posts in this topic

Surely by the token of "success" the "winner" would be CA given that they made it to the cold shores of Svalarheima? I guess that's maybe semantics at play. We'll have to wait for the full breakdown whenever it comes, but it's encouraging to hear that CB is going to keep improving the setup and go again next year.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AdmiralJCJF said:

Hi everyone,

I've had the following comments passed on to me by a couple of Interplanetario attendants, covering what of Bostria had to say about Wotan. I'm not 100% clear on what was discussed openly and what was in private conversations, but:

As far as CB were concerned, while there were some issues, the campaign was a success and they will be running something similar next year. The next campaign will be on Svalarheimia, on the basis that we didn't successfully prevent the Combined Army from making use of the gate.  

In terms of "success" he said that there wasn't really one clear "winner" but that:

The most powerful faction overall was: PanOceania
The most efficient faction in terms of win/loss and concentration of effort was: Tohaa
The faction which had the highest peak of overall dominance: Ariadna
In terms of sticking to their mission and also in reporting the most honorable faction was: Aleph
And the faction with the best overall reports was: PanOceania

He also repeated his earlier praise of Haqqislam overall and particularly their high command.

Thanks for the info.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Combined on  Svalarheima? WTF? We've secured both defence platforms, destroyed thier carrier, and still they have "won" the campaign and attacked our planet?

 

What was the idea of Wotan and why should we play such things if plot\setup advancement has nothing common with campaign's results? 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Injenegr said:

Combined on  Svalarheima? WTF? We've secured both defence platforms, destroyed thier carrier, and still they have "won" the campaign and attacked our planet?

 

What was the idea of Wotan and why should we play such things if plot\setup advancement has nothing common with campaign's results? 

Could be the stipulation was there had to be a bigger lead to change the coarse of the ship, or it had to be done sooner, or maybe even the few hours were Sygtir was in dispute are enough,  could be that elements of the nomads really were smuggling shashvasti, or if you want to be cynical, it could be there's a Sectorial splash release on the schedule for around this time next year that ties in well... 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, we have to wait for the results and what happened, but Raxora was described as a banged up and a barely functioning ship (iirc); that by itself screams Red Herring.  The Shavastii had been hitching rides until caught.  So there's enough for it to work as a Campaign theme.

With that said, I stick to the idea that I'd rather see a Franchise Wars where Factions fight to advance a particular Company's hold on the Market, but that's just me.

7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Injenegr said:

...destroyed thier carrier, ...

By "destroyed" you mean Pano went about slaughtering all the other human factions that tried a unified assault on the carrier? 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morat learned how to infowar? Meh, what a nonsense :) 

  
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like to hope that the narrative will recognise battles played on locations against factions other than the controlling faction as being two factions fighting each other on the doorstep and count only as white noise. 

 

It would make a hilarious narrative at Raxora, and countless other locations during the event. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Injenegr said:

Combined on  Svalarheima? WTF? We've secured both defence platforms, destroyed thier carrier, and still they have "won" the campaign and attacked our planet?

 

What was the idea of Wotan and why should we play such things if plot\setup advancement has nothing common with campaign's results? 

No, we didn't.  We disrupted our own blockade with in-fighting to the point it couldn't stop the aliens.

In the confusion the Raxora tore through - the only good news is that PanO managed to do some damage to the carriers hangar deck during the whole mess.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the flip side all the effort i've spent on making a nice snow table at home has paid off if we're going to get a Svalheim campaign next year!

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Alexb83 said:

No, we didn't.  We disrupted our own blockade with in-fighting to the point it couldn't stop the aliens.

In the confusion the Raxora tore through - the only good news is that PanO managed to do some damage to the carriers hangar deck during the whole mess.

So if every human faction would have done like Haqq and PanO at stage 1 during stages 1 and 2 and then jumped in Raxora all together, Humanity would have won this time? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ayadan said:

So if every human faction would have done like Haqq and PanO at stage 1 during stages 1 and 2 and then jumped in Raxora all together, Humanity would have won this time? 

I doubt that very much. If we had done nothing in phase 1 they would say that the Shasvaasti infiltrators on La Forja sabotaged the Shipyard.  If we did nothing in Phase 2 they would say that Nomad command sent the Don Peyote away and that the Emperor recalled his frigate.

Ultimately Raxora would still get through - it was a railroad plot. None of the campaign materials reflected what we actually did. The phase 2 objectives were drawn up to keep us closer to the intended plot line.

Do nothing or do something, no change to the outcome. But you have some fun games maybe.

7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys know how La Forja was meant to be blown appart? Well, Raxora was meant to break the blockade, even if not a single CA player fought a battle there. Only thing left for us is to deal with it. Some of us felt it from the start - that's why some decissions were made that way and not the other.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nazroth said:

You guys know how La Forja was meant to be blown appart? Well, Raxora was meant to break the blockade, even if not a single CA player fought a battle there. Only thing left for us is to deal with it. Some of us felt it from the start - that's why some decissions were made that way and not the other.

Well, I guess if the event will end such way nobody will ever bother playing campaigns in future.. Not me, this for sure. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Injenegr said:

Well, I guess if the event will end such way nobody will ever bother playing campaigns in future.. Not me, this for sure. 

Why not? We still had an impact, just not on the main story. If you leave entirety of history to players, some factions cease to exist... is it how this kind of event should be done? Instead, we as the players - as much as we would like to see ourselves to be major figures on the board - were just regular troopers - shadowed by a much more intricate and wast events. There is some confort in a thought that no matter what we screw ourselves, CB won;t let the story to get damaged.

7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that things could had been said in another way. We could have successed in stopping Raxora to jump through the wormhole. But then, a second attempt could have been made after the campaign and this one would have succeeded. This way, we have an immediate impact on the history, but just to give Human Sphere two days of breathe before the unstoppable event comes. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nazroth said:

Why not? We still had an impact, just not on the main story. If you leave entirety of history to players, some factions cease to exist... is it how this kind of event should be done? Instead, we as the players - as much as we would like to see ourselves to be major figures on the board - were just regular troopers - shadowed by a much more intricate and wast events. There is some confort in a thought that no matter what we screw ourselves, CB won;t let the story to get damaged.

Got your point, and even agreed to some degree, but 'tis a question of an announcement: we were told we can Influence the course of history to some degree, and I wanna see it. Perharps it wouldbe better to have an event when the whole history is written by players - somethnig small and insignificant. 'tis hard to believe in Wotan narrative when a carrier controlled by PanO still counted as invasion force for example. TBH I'll be satisfied with some changes plot and armywise like looted plasma, I was a bit insulted when Firestrike brought nothing to the game.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Injenegr - you participated in Flamestrike by any chance? Some of us that did, had no illusions about how this will be handled. Many players from previous campaign did not let themeselves get hyped, like last year :)

Either way - I get that some players do not like how it was handled - but at this point, we don;t actually know HOW IT WAS HANDLED :) I would wait for the summary video to make my mind.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all knew it was going to happen, because the Infinity story has to progress (unlike 40k which has until recently been doing donuts for the past 10 000 years). So Nomads didn't get a mention, but we don't need a gold star sticker and a well done pat on the head. And frankly I'm glad I pitched in for Nomads than PanO, it was way more fun that the DUES VULT train.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Thandar said:

... "last flight of Raxora was a feint to distract the blockade, already disrupted bu human infighting, to get several cloaked Shasvastii ships on the other side, where they've established a secred bases - remember, Svalarhaima is vastly sparsely inhabited at all - and now are starting raids and sabotages into PanO/Yu Jing territories, provoking another NeoColonial War"... 

I must say, I expect something along these lines.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Nazroth said:

@Injenegr - you participated in Flamestrike by any chance? Some of us that did, had no illusions about how this will be handled. Many players from previous campaign did not let themeselves get hyped, like last year :)

Either way - I get that some players do not like how it was handled - but at this point, we don;t actually know HOW IT WAS HANDLED :) I would wait for the summary video to make my mind.

Yup, I participated in Flamestrike by chance. Actually, I play Infinity since N2, just don't like forums much. It seemed to me that after Flamestrike got us nothing, smb from CB promised us some changes, so I was hyped this time, yes. Let's see if the hype was worthy, would be a true shame if all efforts of players, CB and BoW will end in 2-3 lines in the next book.

 

11 hours ago, Thandar said:

It does depend on details. 

Agreed. So I cease to be so pessimistic for a while and hold argue till we see the result :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now