Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hexa

Tagline mission one objective question

Question

Tagline mission one: The Grid allows you to claim objectives by Forward Observing them, and then allows you to blow them up.

My question is: does claiming the objetive by Forward Obvserver-ing it also Mark the objective? Thus allowing you to shoot it easily and rain Guided missiles on it.

2 answers to this question

I believe this has an official CB answer on the ITS forums.

They are not Troops and can thus not be put in Targeted state. See the following link and excerpt, underline added for emphasis. http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Targeted

Activation

• The trooper suffered the effect of a piece of scenery or a Special Scenario Rule or condition capable of causing this state.

Here we go! Found the official CB answer. It's so much easier to find stuff when you know it's there:

As you can see, this is also the source of the clarified and simplified suggested terrain suggestions for document version 1.0.1 you were asking about earlier :D 

Oh, tactical advice; you aren't allowed to shoot guided missiles on a target if an enemy is near (Guided Missiles only have blast mode), this can be used to somewhat protect the objective from a very limited number of Antimateriel sources. However, if you manage to put a trooper in Targeted state near an objective, you can damage the objective by shooting the trooper with guided missiles. Not likely to come up, but worth keeping in mind.

I do suggest you bring missile launchers, though, preferably linked missile launchers. Or something similar to Neko Oyama for that sweet sweet DAM 17+ EXP in melee, though those kinds of attacks are basically limited to JSA and MO afaik.

Nice, thank you.

I'm already lining up panzerfausts, it's just a pity viral snipers don't work.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0