Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ghost_from_warp

Infinity at ETC in future?(European TeamChampionship)

5 posts in this topic

From year to year Infinity become more and more popular. And i guess it's only a matter of time when it apper as one of ETC discipline. But still, ETC forum dont even have thread about Infinity. Is anyone know anything about progress or rumors about infinity at ETC in future. Any cheermans working on it or something else? There was rumors about Infinity at Salamanca, but they all fade away.

I have been at multiple ETCs playing 40k for my country. I really hope infinity NEVER makes its way there that tournament setting Breeds assholes, i and other both opponents and teammates have had our most unsportsmanlike games there. And for what Winning nothing really? Is that really worth me running someone elses games. 

Also it infests metas becomes " well that is a shit unit why bring that at ETC they bring 9 waveserpents" and because its from etc the statement recieves some form of validity and suddenly the ultra Cheesy and abusive list are what everyone plads. ECT actually made me stop playing warhammer 40k

ETC = cancer 

Organisation of this event outgrew Organisers long time ago.

BUT

We actualy need official rules for team tournaments in ITS - everything, team composition, team scoring system, pairing system...;)

Warmahordes make their own team championships as I remember, far from ETC - and they are doing well;)

Summing up, we dont need ETC (we should stay as far from them as possible), but we need more team tournaments;) We have at least one team tournament in each year in Poland and they are very popular;) Add another level of tactic and strategy to already great game.

ETC really doesn't sound good at all. I have no experience myself but know many people who have gone for various systems. They all like that type of game. Which is cool for them. For me it sounds horrible though.

BTW, if You are looking for big team tournament, come to our team championships in october (scroll down for english) - https://www.facebook.com/events/346699792428500/

This year I gave up organisation of this tournament to other community and they want to test their own scoring and pairing system, but their tournaments were always on highest quality level possible, so Im sure it would be great!:D