Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cothel

Triumvirate Conspiracy Theory

52 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, DarkAssasin said:

Slightly of topic, but where did Corahtar Discipline level 2 go? Can't find it on the wiki or HS download. Did I dream it???

It's been quietly deleted, it seemed.  Corahtar L2 would be a very difficult skill to balance―I could only see it being fair on a Tohaa HI or White Hacker profile.

AH! I'm not going crazy, fair enough, I always thought that if there was a Triumvirate Sec, they might have an officer with Carahtar lvl 2 as a sort of control unit for the exalted auxiliaries, alas however. 

More and more Tohaa things will get quietly deleted until we are nothing more than a faded memory.

1 hour ago, DarkAssasin said:

Slightly of topic, but where did Corahtar Discipline level 2 go? Can't find it on the wiki or HS download. Did I dream it???

there was a stub for it on the wiki, but it was removed a little while ago sadly.

Tohaa wont make it to the campaign book. The Combined army will have wiped them out... Tohaa will be Exrahed from the game :P

2 hours ago, Scarecrow said:

Tohaa wont make it to the campaign book. The Combined army will have wiped them out... Tohaa will be Exrahed from the game :P

They will turn the current Tohaa army into the CA's Sygmaa Sectorial.

3 hours ago, Scarecrow said:

1 hour ago, Cothel said:

This has potential, maybe we'll get more releases as a CA sectorial

1 hour ago, Cothel said:

This idea is interesting... turn it into a fully fledged Sygmaa sectorial with Umbra overlords and remote support...

A pessimist would say this is the 40k squat controversy all over again. "Hey guys look at my painted squ........they were eaten, and now there not even mentioned in the rule book". Moderator: You are now IP banned, you were told not to ever mention them in the 'Read First' thread.

5 hours ago, Wombat85 said:

A pessimist would say this is the 40k squat controversy all over again. "Hey guys look at my painted squ........they were eaten, and now there not even mentioned in the rule book". Moderator: You are now IP banned, you were told not to ever mention them in the 'Read First' thread.

But Tohaa isn't being squated, it's just as if we are turning out to be more like an afterthought.

Something like "Look, we've got 6 new Nomad models this year so far, maybe we should also release something for another faction. Please remind me about the rest of the factions... Oh, yes, there was this Tohaa thing, maybe they could get something. At the end of the year, if we can schedule a slot fro them. After a couple more Nomad releases".

By the way, Aleph is having a reeeeally bad year: just 1 release (Danavas). At least, Tohaa got 3 releases in the same period of time, I feel lucky  T_T

5 hours ago, Abrilete said:

But Tohaa isn't being squated, it's just as if we are turning out to be more like an afterthought.

Something like "Look, we've got 6 new Nomad models this year so far, maybe we should also release something for another faction. Please remind me about the rest of the factions... Oh, yes, there was this Tohaa thing, maybe they could get something. At the end of the year, if we can schedule a slot fro them. After a couple more Nomad releases".

By the way, Aleph is having a reeeeally bad year: just 1 release (Danavas). At least, Tohaa got 3 releases in the same period of time, I feel lucky  T_T

No I know, I was just taking it to an extreme as a tongue in cheek. I agree on aleph, CB seems to be really doubling down on what I guess are the better selling factions while doing the bare minimum to draw any attention to the remaining factions. What does interest me more is that they seem to be pushing out a lot of HI, making me wonder if that will be the focus of the coming ITS season.

27 minutes ago, Wombat85 said:

No I know, I was just taking it to an extreme as a tongue in cheek. I agree on aleph, CB seems to be really doubling down on what I guess are the better selling factions while doing the bare minimum to draw any attention to the remaining factions. What does interest me more is that they seem to be pushing out a lot of HI, making me wonder if that will be the focus of the coming ITS season.

Yup, I was talking about it in the Spanish forum a week ago or so: looks like CB WANTS people to build their lists around important central pieces (Kriza Bourac, Tarik Mansuri, Swiss Guard...). Bostria even talked a while ago about how they scaled up a little bit the Father Knight and the Reverend Healer in the O:IS box to draw attention to those troopers.

So yes, maybe next ITS season continues the trend to slowly modify the meta away from spam/camo heavy lists.

6 hours ago, Abrilete said:

With regards to Tohaa and ALEPH, I genuinely think they might be gearing up to do a revamp/overhaul of their initial line-up.

We know Tohaa get the Triumvirate with the Paradiso revamp and supposedly ALEPH will get the Vedic. The Triumvirate is something that we only kinda/sorta know about--but we do know at least that they have Sakiel in their numbers(Human Sphere N3's Guide book has a Triumvirate color palette for the Sakiel in the Tohaa section). It might be that they're going to redo the Tohaa starter set to reflect the "new"(read: CAD) aesthetic and maybe alter the box line-up to be a bit more cognizant of the Triad rules.

The ALEPH starter, which is basically a Vedic starter, is from Human Sphere N2 days and will almost assuredly see a redesign.

The Steel Phalanx are pretty well set beyond not having a Thorakitai box so now is as good of a time as any to shift resources to redesigning the Vedic stuff.

I hope you are right.

Right now, if I weren't tight on budget, I would be getting another faction  T_T

There are 4 sectorial releases 2018 with the promise of one of them being a big plot event.  Tunguska will probably be in there but that's very unlikely to be the big news.

It was also said that they liked releasing the sectorial as the 300 pt boxes,  so expect more of that.  I think that means we don't need to wait for a book to see new tohaa. I hope the big news is something akin to tohaa lending some aid/ control to the human sphere. 

I for one welcome our new alien overlords. 

My guess is that Pano, Nomads, Yu Jing, and CA are getting new or updated sectorials in 2018. Tohaa will see the Triumvirate sometime in the year 2065.

8 hours ago, Neostrider said:

There are 4 sectorial releases 2018 with the promise of one of them being a big plot event.  Tunguska will probably be in there but that's very unlikely to be the big news.

It was also said that they liked releasing the sectorial as the 300 pt boxes,  so expect more of that.  I think that means we don't need to wait for a book to see new tohaa. I hope the big news is something akin to tohaa lending some aid/ control to the human sphere. 

I for one welcome our new alien overlords. 

Well Bakun is one, we know for sure Ramah is another, White Banner/Terracotta army one or the other is coming, the pdf suggests that Druze are on the way as well. Not a lot of room there for tohaa

If, and its a big if Tohaa are one of the four sectorials being released in 2018, you can rest assured that it will be the last thing of the year, with zero other tohaa releases between now and then, at which point we may finally see the Taquel, which will be a terrible sculpt ;)

They wouldn't release models leading up to a big reveal.  They aren't going to do a series of druze starters then declare "surprise,  druze faction!"

I cannot promise tohaa is in their immediate plans, but I hope and expect the big plot reveal with associated box will be more than the sectorials we are already expecting. That means there's a small window for it to be tohaa and a big chance its something i couldn't imagine them doing to their fluff.

10 hours ago, Neostrider said:

They wouldn't release models leading up to a big reveal.  They aren't going to do a series of druze starters then declare "surprise,  druze faction!"

They did this with us ariadna giving the foxtrots. Bakuum getting thier new hi in the beyond box. Its actually quite typical to release a new model and profiles ahead of a big release.

I have a growing burning need for heavy guns Symbiocrabs and full-auto Chaksas and nasty little impetuous CC symbiopredators.

4 hours ago, Wombat85 said:

They did this with us ariadna giving the foxtrots. Bakuum getting thier new hi in the beyond box. Its actually quite typical to release a new model and profiles ahead of a big release.

This upcoming plot thing has a big release tied to it.  It was said they are not revealing what is in the release because of plot reasons.  I take that to mean we might be seeing new models with little to no warning around adepticon 2018.

The secrecy is around the plot,  not the box set.  But because the box set is potentially spoiling the story surprise they aren't going to be sharing details.  Carlos described it as cnn news worthy reveal (we'll see about that), which won't happen if we see a "sepsitorized Achilles" model tease or similar in the lead up. 

8 hours ago, Wombat85 said:

USARF didn't get Foxtrots in advance of their release. Didn't matter anyways because Foxtrots have been in the game since I've started with 2E. Same with Minutemen and Airborne. I think it was the Hardcase that we got in advance of the actual release but don't quote me on that. I just remember that we were in a weird spot where we got an army list in the box and that was a whole new thing.

Tunguska got their new Heavy Infantry with the Kriza Borac...but KB have been in the lore for a long time, this is just their first time getting rules and a model.

We got the Grenzers in advance of the Tunguska release as well as the Kriza Borac now. We've still got some surprises to come from what's been said.

3 hours ago, Neostrider said:

This upcoming plot thing has a big release tied to it.  It was said they are not revealing what is in the release because of plot reasons.  I take that to mean we might be seeing new models with little to no warning around adepticon 2018.

The secrecy is around the plot,  not the box set.  But because the box set is potentially spoiling the story surprise they aren't going to be sharing details.  Carlos described it as cnn news worthy reveal (we'll see about that), which won't happen if we see a "sepsitorized Achilles" model tease or similar in the lead up. 

Are you sure you're thinking of one of the big releases and not him talking about the "Alive!" team?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0