Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Perseus

Using suntze effectively

5 posts in this topic

I have been thinking about how i can use suntze effectively.

normally strategos ability looks more efficient on a cheaper troop. because you can use a liet order on a killer. however keeping 60 points troop waiting in deployment zone doesnt look logical.

if you have a suntzu i have to march. suntzu wip 17 flash pulse, maybe coordinating with other forward observers can be cool. an other kanren fo, weibing and maybe xizhuang.

how do you use your leader ? do you have any success stories ?

Typically Sun makes for an excellent area denial. You can use him as a sniper (of sorts) and be really, really, annoying with Flash Pulse. Where he shines, though, is simply put guarding the LT - he is both Guard and VIP in one and for 30 points per order that's not a terrible price. Once hostiles get close he can also launch into full-on Brawl mode, I once had him demolish a Myrmidon link team in a last-ditch effort to turn a losing game into a win and it worked.

Most of all, though, he allows you to cheat in Limited Insertion and drastically reduces need for Chain of Command - just make sure to bring Lucien or Kanren in case you come up against Speculo.

Consider near guaranteed counter-deployment with your best troops even if you lose the LT roll or choose to take initiative, raising the maximum orders spendable on a not LT Rambo to 11, and still being able to have 10 regular orders in a combat group even with a unit in HD or AD.

Consider near guaranteed counter-deployment with your best troops even if you lose the LT roll or choose to take initiative, raising the maximum orders spendable on a not LT Rambo to 11, and still being able to have 10 regular orders in a combat group even with a unit in HD or AD.

Posted (edited)

He`s also invaluabe in missions where your LT is public knowldege as he is a rock. Your oponent will have a really tough time hunting him down.

As for stories, i have stopped a few speculo killer runs and used him in an offensive capacity in missions that allow a further deployment zone to great effect forcing my opponent to burn a lot of orders trying to bring him down.. 

Edited by Greysturm
Double post for some reason

He is also invaluable in Limited Insertion missions.

The effects of Stratego 3 is huge when both sides only have 10 models each.