Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sorniak

Outrage profiles

Outrage profiles. Do we need them?!    56 members have voted

1. 1. Based on "Q. Can we have profiles for Outrage characters? A. Maybe. Start a petition! ..." (taken from http://www.lead-rising.com/2017/08/gutiers-q-at-interplanetary-2017.html Thanky you Phlyk!!)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 posts in this topic

Consider this poll as a petition ;)... Maybe there are enough outrageous players like me who wishes to see even more chaotic choices in an infinite Infinity gameplay!

Insufficient poll options are insufficient. 

I'd like to see a special Outrage document with profiles along the lines of the Fat Yuan Yuan expansion or the TAGline narrative tournament, but a firm no to increasing the number of factions that get Oniwaban, Dog Warriors, etc. 

2 hours ago, Col said:

I'd like to see a special Outrage document with profiles along the lines of the Fat Yuan Yuan expansion or the TAGline narrative tournament, but a firm no to increasing the number of factions that get Oniwaban, Dog Warriors, etc. 

Gutier did say that they would need to be treated in a 'special way' if there were to be profiles. I wouldn't expect them to be released as mercenaries available to every faction.

No rules until the models are no longer garbage, and Emily is NCA able to form a Haris with the Locust.

I would love it if the Outrage characters had profiles! Emily is my favorite, and would be awesome to use in NCA!

52 minutes ago, ThananRollice said:

I would love it if the Outrage characters had profiles! Emily is my favorite, and would be awesome to use in NCA!

Say "yes" to poll above ;)... So far it is very unlikely...considering results some people think they do not need rules for toys to play with ;(

I'm not sure they really need rules, I do think that cb should have been clearer if they are just intended to be alt sculpts.

1 hour ago, Spears said:

I'm not sure they really need rules, I do think that cb should have been clearer if they are just intended to be alt sculpts.

Then that box would buy lesser number of people... I wouldn't buy for sure ;(

I voted no. I don't think we need rules for rules sake. 

I'm happy to buy models because they look great! The fact most of them easily serve as alternative sculpts for existing profiles is a bonus. 

9 hours ago, alphz said:

9 hours ago, alphz said:

I'm happy to buy models because they look great! The fact most of them easily serve as alternative sculpts for existing profiles is a bonus. 

So...you didn't buy them? ;) Its not a warhammer - miniatures do not have rules which only true for specific figures. I was thinking about profiles, stats. Miniatures and gaming rules are making whole = wargame. Take rules out - and miniatures are all Barbies and Kens. It also would rise the appealing force to actually have those mercenaries.

18 hours ago, Col said:

Agreed with this.

No need to have ITS-legal profiles, just something to play for fun, like the "Fat Yuan Yuan Adventures".

No to General profiles, Yes to Outrage Adventures Missions and Profiles

No to General profiles, Yes to Outrage Adventures Missions and Profiles

20 hours ago, sorniak said:

So...you didn't buy them? ;) Its not a warhammer - miniatures do not have rules which only true for specific figures. I was thinking about profiles, stats. Miniatures and gaming rules are making whole = wargame. Take rules out - and miniatures are all Barbies and Kens. It also would rise the appealing force to actually have those mercenaries.

I'm definitely buying them. 

I understand that having profiles would make them more appealing to people, but for the collector and painter that enjoyed Outrage I think it was a great release. I'd rather have miniatures without profiles/stats than no miniatures. 

They make great proxies for things. Wardriver, HvT, bounty hunters, ect.

On 8/3/2017 at 4:21 PM, alphz said:

Emily:  new Fusilier LGL or Acon Regular Hacker.  Or a Druze, but she's rather lightly armored for them.  I suppose she could also be a Kumau, for as long as they keep the LGL.  Or maybe a Montessa LGL, if you don't mind the lack of armor.  But those are your current options in PanO!  (note that most of my lists actually have Emily as a Muyib LGL LT)

Jethro:  Knauf, duh.

Nakadai:  While the manga calls him an Oniwaban, he's a better match for Saito's profile.

Domovoi:  There's no mercenary dogwarrior that transforms.  Sure, makes a decent alternate Dogwarrior, but that's it.

Beba:  any TAG pilot.  Or a civvie, as I consider any model armed with a pistol to be a potential civvie.  Real soldiers have bigger guns!

Uhahu:  Perfect Wardriver.

On 8/6/2017 at 2:46 PM, Section 9 said:

Emily:  new Fusilier LGL or Acon Regular Hacker.  Or a Druze, but she's rather lightly armored for them.  I suppose she could also be a Kumau, for as long as they keep the LGL.  Or maybe a Montessa LGL, if you don't mind the lack of armor.  But those are your current options in PanO!  (note that most of my lists actually have Emily as a Muyib LGL LT)

Jethro:  Knauf, duh.

Nakadai:  While the manga calls him an Oniwaban, he's a better match for Saito's profile.

Domovoi:  There's no mercenary dogwarrior that transforms.  Sure, makes a decent alternate Dogwarrior, but that's it.

Beba:  any TAG pilot.  Or a civvie, as I consider any model armed with a pistol to be a potential civvie.  Real soldiers have bigger guns!

Uhahu:  Perfect Wardriver.

Why would I buy box of figures, where Ill need max of one-two for proxies? Why not to buy uniwersal proxy - spec-ops which is suited for my faction? Or 1-2 blisters? Nice hunzakaut female as "new Fusilier LGL or Acon Regular Hacker." for example. 

1 hour ago, IJW Wartrader said:

Because you like the models?

hmm ... Ok then )...Why not to play infinity with wh40k models on official ITS events. Games Workshop have pretty awesome mins too? Mercs, Dark age, Malifaux, Antares ... Rules are the thing which make different systems. Rules are the thing what gives to my mins live on a table, not only its look. But I think it is a question of personal taste ?

The Outrage models have nothing to do with 'the system', other than being from a comic set in the same background. It's like complaining that the Luxumbra busts don't have rules. :huh:

1 minute ago, IJW Wartrader said:

The Outrage models have nothing to do with 'the system', other than being from a comic set in the same background. It's like complaining that the Luxumbra busts don't have rules. :huh:

Well...they were not announced then properly. 

http://www.meeplemart.com/store/p/76713-Infinity-Mercenaries-589-Miyamoto-Musashi-Aristeia-Outfit-clone.aspx  - text on webpage taken from publisher (Corvus Beli) ... Why didn't they put a label "bootleg" on a box? 

That's not from the release info given to retailers, so I don't know where that text came from. :( 

It also doesn't mean that we're going to get profiles that can be used in army lists.

1 hour ago, sorniak said:

Well...they were not announced then properly. 

http://www.meeplemart.com/store/p/76713-Infinity-Mercenaries-589-Miyamoto-Musashi-Aristeia-Outfit-clone.aspx  - text on webpage taken from publisher (Corvus Beli) ... Why didn't they put a label "bootleg" on a box? 

I don't see how you can blame CB for a seller who's either confused about the details, or is willing to fib in order to make a sale...

I never saw an announcement that anyone other than Knauf was getting a profile. 

I don't think CB should hamfist rules into the game if they didn't have the intention to implement them in the first place. All of those miniatures can be used very reasonably as stand-ins for existing units, too

Knauf already got his own profile and If we're going into wishlisting territory here, I could see Emily and Uhahu as a tag team loadout similar to equipe mirage.

2 hours ago, IJW Wartrader said:

To be fair the busts don't appear on the cb homepage with an army:mercenaries logo, I think its understandable that people purchased these under the impression they would receive their own profiles. Even if a pdf is in the works it would perhaps be better to be clear about that when released to pre-order.

From seller's words, they didn't  "make up" any description for the product, that text was sent by CB. It might be that lack of time made it impossible to give the profiles, while there were some intentions. Again - they have bootleg series for miniatures without profiles. How many figures were there without stats and bootleg label?

8 hours ago, Locksmith said:

I don't see how you can blame CB for a seller who's either confused about the details, or is willing to fib in order to make a sale...