Skylifter-1000

Naga repack - which ones?

15 posts in this topic

Does anyone know which of the Naga models will be repacked? There's the hacker, the monomine/minelayer and the sniper, but they'll probably not pack all of them into one box, will they?

8 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

Its hacker/mines

Are you sure? That's a bummer (since I've got the hacker).

If it's a repack shouldn't it be the two which are in separate blisters : mine and sniper ? Was there an official announcement or are we speculating ?

I think that nagas in repack blister will contain minelayer and sniper as long as hacker is in the starter box. 

5 hours ago, KreoL said:

I think that nagas in repack blister will contain minelayer and sniper as long as hacker is in the starter box. 

You're not thinking far enough ahead...

I fully expect a redone ALEPH box probably next year, during the run-up to "nuParadiso"...and the Naga Hacker to be removed from the equation there.

I expect the blister to be all three versions in there, which would put it in line with the Hellcats(who are also getting a repack blister, which basically means the Boarding Shotgun added into the already double blister of HMG/Hacker).

Also for the record, I expect the new starter would be something like this:

logo_701.png ALEPH
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

orden_regular.png6  
logo_6.pngNAGA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
logo_7.pngDASYU Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
logo_3.pngDEVA Lieutenant (Sensor) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
logo_1.pngDAKINI Tacbot MULTI Sniper Rifle / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 21)
logo_1.pngDAKINI Tacbot Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 13)
logo_1.pngDAKINI Tacbot Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 13)

1.5 SWC | 135 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Actually, with the Hellcats they might just be packaging the Boarding shotgun with the combi rifle from the starter and make a new Corregidor starter because the old one is somehow strange and a very different style to all the Corregidor minis published after that. 

So that'd be the questions marks answered then, Aleph Vedic starter and Corregidor starter. 

Well, probably not. An entertaining thought, anyway. 

11 hours ago, Kanluwen said:

I expect the blister to be all three versions in there, which would put it in line with the Hellcats(who are also getting a repack blister, which basically means the Boarding Shotgun added into the already double blister of HMG/Hacker).

I'm pretty sure the maximum model corvus belli put in a blister is 2, so I don't believe in a 3 models blister

55 minutes ago, arkhos94 said:

I'm pretty sure the maximum model corvus belli put in a blister is 2, so I don't believe in a 3 models blister

Then there's no reason to have a "Hellcats Repack" since they will NOT be splitting out the Combi-Rifle one from the CJC starter. They don't do that at this point in time.

And yes, they have done 3 model blisters before. The Bolts were available in 3 model blisters for a period of time, as an example. It was the 3 CR+LSG models.

1 hour ago, Kanluwen said:

Then there's no reason to have a "Hellcats Repack" since they will NOT be splitting out the Combi-Rifle one from the CJC starter. They don't do that at this point in time.

How do you know that? Some kind of inside information? I mean I kind of agree, I doubt they'll do that, but you seem to not be voicing an opinion, but a fact. 

2 hours ago, arkhos94 said:

Bolts, Dakinis, Order Sergeants, and many other line troopers were at one point in 3 model blisters.

21 minutes ago, Col said:

Bolts, Dakinis, Order Sergeants, and many other line troopers were at one point in 3 model blisters.

Dakinis still are, if they still have blisters.

1 hour ago, Skylifter-1000 said:

How do you know that? Some kind of inside information? I mean I kind of agree, I doubt they'll do that, but you seem to not be voicing an opinion, but a fact. 

How do I know that?

Because they haven't split anything out of a starter set in a long time.

Not only that, but you can go and look at the releases for Corregidor and realize that they are seemingly trying to sweep the shoddy scalekeeping of pre v post-Icestorm under the rug.

See Beyond: Icestorm including a MSR Intruder and the release of a separate Alguacile Hacker model for proof.

3 hours ago, Kanluwen said:

Dakinis still are, if they still have blisters.

How do I know that?

Because they haven't split anything out of a starter set in a long time.

Not only that, but you can go and look at the releases for Corregidor and realize that they are seemingly trying to sweep the shoddy scalekeeping of pre v post-Icestorm under the rug.

See Beyond: Icestorm including a MSR Intruder and the release of a separate Alguacile Hacker model for proof.

Okay, so it is not a fact, but just a very likely correct guess.

14 minutes ago, Skylifter-1000 said:

Okay, so it is not a fact, but just a very likely correct guess.

Unless you have some sort of inside information to contradict it, it's less of a "very likely correct guess" and more of a "well-informed statement of fact based upon previous trends".

I will say that in all honesty on the topic of the Nagas, I expect the Naga Hacker to be discontinued as a solo model rather than be repackaged with the Sniper and Minelayer...because some places do actually still list him as an actual item for sale by himself. He's currently "Out of Stock" at The Warstore, for example.

From Atomic Empire's page:

This is a repackaging of individual blisters in a single product. It is a blister with two miniatures that includes one Naga with MULTI Sniper and one Naga with Combi Rifle and Monofilament Mines.

Also interestingly enough:

This is a repackaging of individual blisters in a single product. It is a blister with two miniatures that includes one Hellcat Hacker and one Hellcat with Boarding Shotgun.

So...the HMG Hellcat is just poof?