Erbent

What are your go-to vanilla lists?

11 posts in this topic

I've been actively playing infinity for about a year now, and all of it was with vanilla combined army, except a couple of games proxying bakunin list with riot grrls link team and one 3 round tournament what I played with shasvastii and wasn,t satisfied with the lists I came up with. I really like the variety that vanilla lists offer, and there's plenty of interresting options for vanilla CA, but eventually I've got to some units that are in my lists basically all the time, and sort of have couple of lists that I usually play, but with my meta starting to shift to more spammy lists, as I think just about all metas are nowdays with infinity, I kind of feel like I need to have more orders too, and the fact that I still got only one of each Ikadron and R-drone doesn't help with that, but still I've built some 13-15 orders list that are interresting to play with:

logo_601.png CharontidSpec
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png10  orden_impetuosa.png1
logo_7.pngCHARONTID Lieutenant (Multispectral Visor L3) HMG, Nanopulser / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 79)
logo_24.pngASWANG Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 31)
logo_13.pngDĀTURAZI Chain Rifle, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 14)
logo_36.pngÍMETRON . (0 | 4)
logo_1.pngMORAT Hacker (EI Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
logo_26.pngKURGAT (Operative Group) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
logo_35.pngSLAVE DRONE Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
logo_2.pngUNIDRON (Forward Observer) Plasma Carbine / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)
logo_2.pngUNIDRON (Forward Observer) Plasma Carbine / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)
logo_41.pngIKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.pngorden_irregular.pngorden_impetuosa.png1
logo_25.pngNOCTIFER Missile Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
logo_15.pngPRETA Chain Rifle / AP CCW. (0 | 7)
logo_18.pngQ-DRONE Plasma Rifle / Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
logo_20.pngR-DRONE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

logo_601.png AnnieSpecial

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png10  orden_impetuosa.png1
logo_32.pngANATHEMATIC Lieutenant Hacker (EI Hacking Device) Plasma Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 88)
logo_34.pngZERAT (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, Grenades, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
logo_26.pngKURGAT (Operative Group) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
logo_18.pngQ-DRONE HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
logo_5.pngMAAKREP TRACKER HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 33)
logo_13.pngDĀTURAZI Chain Rifle, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 14)
logo_41.pngIKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.pngorden_irregular.pngorden_impetuosa.png1
logo_11.pngMALIGNOS (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 36)
logo_15.pngPRETA Chain Rifle / AP CCW. (0 | 7)

4.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I rarely ever see any discussion of vanilla CA listbuilding, and that's no surprise considering how great are new models for onyx, but I need some inspiration for building my lists, and would like to see what you are usually playing with vanilla CA. some general Ideas of what I want to have in my lists - basically any EI aspect, because they are awesome both as miniatures and as unit profiles, and I also don't like to play with 7/7 or 8/8 split of orders between groups, and that makes building list with more orders kind of hard, but having 2nd combat group with just a hacker for buffing Q-drone, hidden deployed noctifer ML and a couple of orders feels like a bit of a waste for me. also I'd like to know how you fit spitfire noctifer and plasma Q-drone in your list, even though terrain in my meta is quite dense, I stil can't find something that is even remotely as good for ARO as a Noctifer and something as good and cheap of an attack piece as Q-drone with HMG. Any advice on building and playing lists for vanilla CA would be helpful, I hope there's not just onyx plaers left in this world : )

So, these are the two Vanilla lists I've been running recently with some sucess. As far as I know the meta in the USA is skewed towards more than 10 orders in a list, so I don't know how useful these are, but I'll explain my reasoning

logo_601.png Combined Army

orden_regular.png10  orden_impetuosa.png2
logo_7.pngCHARONTID Lieutenant (Multispectral Visor L3) HMG, Nanopulser / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 79)
logo_4.pngUMBRA LEGATE Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Boarding Shotgun, Flash Pulse / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 43)
logo_48.pngE-DRONE Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 28)
logo_16.pngMED-TECH OBSIDON MEDCHANOID Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
logo_31.pngSOGARAT AP HMG / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 56)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I always work on the assumption that the Charontid will die. So I take a Sogarat and an Umbra and mnemonica into either of them depending on which one will make better use of the extra order. Usually with this list I like to go second, hide everyone and let the enemy come at me so I can later use smoke and MSV hmg to kill the more dangerous targets. This is a good list to face armies with lots of single wound models, as the Sogarat alone can hold up a flank in supressive fire, while the Q-drone holds the other and the Charontid and umbra murder stuff.

Another list I like to use is this:

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png10  orden_impetuosa.png2
logo_32.pngANATHEMATIC Lieutenant Hacker (EI Hacking Device) Plasma Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 88)
logo_53.pngOVERDRON 2 Heavy Rocket Launchers / . (2 | 57)
 sep.giflogo_53.pngSTALDRON Flash Pulse / Knife. (0 | 0)
logo_16.pngMED-TECH OBSIDON MEDCHANOID Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
logo_25.pngNOCTIFER Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png1  
logo_48.pngE-DRONE Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 28)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

this one is for facing more High powered, multi wound armies. The anathematic is an absolute monster and can do short work of pretty much anything other than a heavily armored TAG (and even those mine has killed by forcing 4-6 saves every salvo). The EVO is in a single group so it can give either Assisted Fire to the Drone or Kalleidoscope to the Annie without sucking orders from the main group. This list likes to go first and abuse the suprise shots from the Annie and the Noctifer to kill off the more dangerous ARO pieces the enemy has.

When I play Combined Vanilla I like to play elite, and these two lists really make me feel outnumbered but not outgunned.

A bit close to the first list from DaRedOne :

orden_regular.png10  orden_impetuosa.png2
logo_12.pngSPECULO KILLER Boarding Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Monofilament CCW, Knife. (1 | 34)
logo_51.pngNEXUS Hacker (EI Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nullifier / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
logo_44.pngKO DALI Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / 2 Assault Pistols, Knife. (0 | 38)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I like how there are several smoke suppliers, and several msv2+. Your first target with the speculo must then be anything capable of countering this (hacking device+, albedo, other msv, ...)

3 hours ago, Sanyv said:

A bit close to the first list from DaRedOne :

orden_regular.png10  orden_impetuosa.png2
logo_12.pngSPECULO KILLER Boarding Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Monofilament CCW, Knife. (1 | 34)
logo_51.pngNEXUS Hacker (EI Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nullifier / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
logo_44.pngKO DALI Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / 2 Assault Pistols, Knife. (0 | 38)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I like how there are several smoke suppliers, and several msv2+. Your first target with the speculo must then be anything capable of countering this (hacking device+, albedo, other msv, ...)

Why not swap one Slave Drone for one Imetron? this would allow you to put either the nexus or Ko Dali on group 2 and hold her in reserves for one or two turns to catch the enemy off guard

Recently I won a spec ops tournament using this list 4 times.

logo_601.png List 1

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png10  
logo_9.pngAVATAR Lieutenant (Strategos L3) MULTI HMG, Sepsitor Plus / DA CCW. (3.5 | 137)
 sep.giflogo_9.pngSTALDRON Flash Pulse / Knife. (0 | 0)
logo_10.pngSHROUDED (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
logo_1000.pngTreitak Spec-Ops (12 XP) (WIP:15, Engineer, Doctor, EI Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 14)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I'd only used it once before the event but as I played it each round I found myself understanding it better. First off the avatar and Strategos L3 allowed me to react to any opponents alpha strike and allows me to perfectly execute my own if I go first. Between the Avatar and the Speculo I could exploit most vulnerabilities through either brute force or assassination. The spec ops is probably the center piece allowing me to set up a defensive hacking net with the ikadrons and r drone aswell as fix or heal whoever I need to for the very low cost of 14 points. The Q drone and shrouded provide some basic defense to slow my opponent but can both be used offensively. With a bit of luck and poor deployment by most of my opponents I was able to win each round though I should mention all objectives did have a focus on killing and bonus points for tags.

7 hours ago, DaRedOne said:

Why not swap one Slave Drone for one Imetron? this would allow you to put either the nexus or Ko Dali on group 2 and hold her in reserves for one or two turns to catch the enemy off guard

Well yes it's a good idea. I also like the idea of being able to use speculo + ko dali as a duo even in turn one, to flank the enemy and threaten them on two sides. And my speculo rarely survives the first turn ^^"""

That's why I'd use Ko Dali as a turn two sucker punch. Again, this is anectodal stuff, just comparing experiences, but I noticed that drop troopers become way more effective if held back for turn two or even turn three. I've seen a Rasyat wreck so much stuff once my opponent has committed his stuff into a full assault, that I always feel like using him turn one is a waste of orders.

On the other hand: I stopped using speculos because mine never did anything worth mentioning, so to each their own.

2 hours ago, DaRedOne said:

That's why I'd use Ko Dali as a turn two sucker punch. Again, this is anectodal stuff, just comparing experiences, but I noticed that drop troopers become way more effective if held back for turn two or even turn three. I've seen a Rasyat wreck so much stuff once my opponent has committed his stuff into a full assault, that I always feel like using him turn one is a waste of orders.

On the other hand: I stopped using speculos because mine never did anything worth mentioning, so to each their own.

Yeah, I've been on the receiving end of that so many times.  Once I start moving forward, I create openings for my opponent to drop in and flank me.

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png10  
logo_30.pngSKIÁVORO Lieutenant Sepsitor Plus, Plasma Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, CCW. (1 | 64)
logo_11.pngMALIGNOS (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 36)
logo_2.pngUNIDRON Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 20)
logo_4.pngUMBRA LEGATE Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Boarding Shotgun, Flash Pulse / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 43)

5.5 SWC | 298 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I bought MAF Starter and what i should buy next ? I think about Rodoks or Yogats . By the way i have addicional 2 Morat Vanguard, Umbra Legate,Umbra Samaritian, Anathematic,3x Unidrones,Maakreep and Fraacta.

On 13/08/2017 at 5:23 AM, Darecki said:

I bought MAF Starter and what i should buy next ? I think about Rodoks or Yogats . By the way i have addicional 2 Morat Vanguard, Umbra Legate,Umbra Samaritian, Anathematic,3x Unidrones,Maakreep and Fraacta.

Imetron/Ikadronx2, doctor Worm, drone box and then whatever you like the look of.  Daturazi, Malignos/Noctifer & Skiavros would be good.